Beautiful__Bella
My heart hurts, I miss my cat Bella so much. 
Bella was missing one day, we searched everywhere for her. After 4 hours, she came walking around the corner of the house onto the back deck, meowing. Her jaw was open with black all around it. We had no idea what had happened to her. At first we thought maybe she had been in a fight with another animal.
We took her to emergency vet, he gave her pain killers. He said she broke her jaw.
The next day, another vet says she was hit by a car. 
That vet kept her for 5 days. In the first days he gave us hope. Then, upon reexamination of the x-rays, they realized her spine had been broken in many places. She would have to lose her tail. She could not urinate on her own. She would have to be put to sleep. (This was one week ago, I am a mess)
It was heartbreaking to see her so hurt.
My husband held Bella as they put her to sleep. He cried. He never cries.

It was the prolonged not knowing if she would survive getting hit by a car during those days. That was the worse part of it. To be given hope, then none, it was a shock.
What breaks my heart is, even after getting hit by a car, Bella was able to come back home, we live 12 steps up from the street, how she got here is a miracle. It was as if she was trying to say," Mommy, please help me, I hurt". Sometimes I wish there was something I could have done

Bella came to us with her sister, Gabby. Gabby cries all of the time, she is always by my side, she misses Bella so much. So does our other cat Binx. We are a sad house, brokenhearted that Bella will not be walking around that corner for us to love.

Bella woke me up in the morning and watched me make breakfast everyday. She was my baby, with me wherever I went. DSCF4797 (3).JPG   My husband and I agree this is the most horrible heartbreaking thing we have ever been through.
This photo is Bella with her sister Gabby. How they loved each other.

We are changed forever now, how do we carry on with this unbearable pain?

Bella Boo I love you!
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
I am so so sorry for your loss of Bella.  It sounds like you didn't have much of a choice in the matter.  Yes the pain of losing one we love more than life kills us.  You and your husband did the right, humane thing for her.  She was suffering.  You took her pain away out of your great love for her.  All of our lives on this forum, have changed.  Our pets leave a horrible hole in our hearts when we no longer have them. 

I wish you peace during your grieving process.  Please come here as much as you need to.  We are always here for anyone who needs to express their grief, or just to vent.  Love  Sue
Susan
Quote 0 0
Beautiful__Bella
winstonsmom12 wrote:
I am so so sorry for your loss of Bella.  It sounds like you didn't have much of a choice in the matter.  Yes the pain of losing one we love more than life kills us.  You and your husband did the right, humane thing for her.  She was suffering.  You took her pain away out of your great love for her.  All of our lives on this forum, have changed.  Our pets leave a horrible hole in our hearts when we no longer have them. 

I wish you peace during your grieving process.  Please come here as much as you need to.  We are always here for anyone who needs to express their grief, or just to vent.  Love  Sue
Bella Boo I love you!
Quote 0 0
Beautiful__Bella
Thank you so very much Sue for your beautiful words here. I can feel the hurt right in the middle of my chest. She was only 6 years old. I cry all the time, I am glad to be here, this is so helpful at this time of my aching heart.DSCF4817 (2).JPG I put a profile photo like this, but it does not appear, can you tell me if I am doing  something wrong? It is 291kb in size.
Bella Boo I love you!
Quote 0 0
camunki
a beautiful pictue of Bella, and i am so sorry for your loss. You did the right thing, she was in pain, you were her caretaker, and yes, we all wish our pets could live forever longer lives. This is new, the first few days will be awful, and into the weeks.....I am going on over 6 months and still think of my baby Munki who passed on 12/3, i "talk" to her everyday and love and miss her dearly. She was one mo. shy of her 14th birthday, and yes I wish she lived longer. The pain of losing our pets hits a tremendous chord in our heart and soul and takes up alot of time in our minds, trying to change things, the could haves and should haves. Please keep posting and know you are not alone.

To set your "profile" you have to click on the link on the far top right, where it says Welcome (then your user name will be next to this) click on your user name...***then click the edit button**** to.. upload your profile and/or avator pics, hope this helps...

Cam

Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
I hope Cam's advice about the photo helps.  my comp. is very old, and a lot of pics posted i can't get.  Good luck
Susan
Quote 0 0