Aaron76 Show full post »
Aaron76
Sorry I messed up all the reply’s everyone.
Quote 0 0
Aaron76
Radarsmom. I love the storie of how you found Radar, it made me smile for the first time in days, thank you. My eyes are welling up as I write and remember Pumba.
Pumba was originally my youngest brothers dog but I could tell he was intrigued by me when I still could hold him in one hand as a little puppy.
When poo was about 8 months old I walked into my brothers house and found him drunk(I don’t drink at all) and holding poo down and hitting him with his fist.
I pulled my brother off him and Pumba terrified jump straight into my arms, from that moment on poo was mine. I seized him straight away and said to my brother you just lost you dog and my respect.
Once home with me he was happier than I’d seen him in a while.
Quote 0 0
Aaron76
I once lost Pumba for a night when he was 2yrs old, I’d driven to my bosses house in another small town about 30km away. I’d parked on the road an only had to go inside for 5 minuets but when I came back out Pumba was gone and no where to be found, He’d activated the window switch in the car and opened the window more than it was and jumped out. I searched for him for 6hrs into the night with no luck and had started to think someone had picked him up. It was harvest time so truck after truck was going through this tiny town, I’d started to fear the worst. I had to head home as it was late and I didn’t know what else to do so I wrote a letter about Pumba with my name and phone number on it and poked it under the door of the only shop in town.
The next morning the phone rang at 6am, it was the shop owner saying that they knew where poo was. He was at the first house as you got to town so I jumped in the car straight away to go get him.
I pulled up in the driveway and was greeted buy a elderly gentleman who said I think I’ve got your dog.
We walked down the driveway talking and as soon as poo had heard my voice he came running.
He found a nice sheltered veranda to sleep for the night and I’d guess a bit of a adventure as well, he wouldn’t let me out of his sight after that.
Quote 0 0
Radarsmom
Aaron76,    What a beautiful meeting story!!  So you were his rescuer.  No wonder he would never leave your side.  You were his hero.  And how smart he was!  To open a window to go have an adventure,...what a wonderful guy!
Connie C
Quote 0 0
Pawsitively_Heartbroken
Aaron, I know these words won't make a dent in relieving your pain, but I'm so very sorry for your loss. Maybe as a complete stranger my sentiments can bring you consolation because I don't know you. I didn't know Pumba. But I understand and respect your grief. You love Pumba, and he had to go. No one will understand the depth of your sorrow but you. As a grieving fur mother myself, I know that the words of others don't comfort as much as you wish they did.

When my sweet Kota died on 12/16/17, my husband and I had to make a quick decision on where she should be laid to rest. Cremation was an option, but I couldn't breathe imagining strange people she didn't know taking her to a strange place and handling her sweet snuggly body. So in the frigid winter weather, my husband and I dug her a burial plot behind our house. We wrapped her in her favorite blankets with her favorite stuffed animal and laid her the rest at her home. It was the hardest thing I've ever done, but knowing she was cared for by us until the very end helped bring me peace.

Grieving is a process. But love for our departed is undying. And the best I can tell you is...that's okay. So deep breaths, and keep smiling when you can, because Pumba loves you and wants to keep seeing you smile. And as your companion in grief, so do I.
Quote 0 0