Broken752016
Ohno is gone and we are all "broken" seems to be the only word that can describe how I feel. On July 5th we kept the promise we made to an 8 week old puppy we named Ohno. A clumsy oversized English Mastiff that was an astounding 230lbs in his prime and still not big enough for his heart.

We promised to always take care of him and never allow him to suffer, thirst, or hunger for food, love water or attention. We reluctantly kept an almost 12 year old promise to him when we saw his life was taken gently at home with everyone of us hugging and kissing him telling him how much we love you.

We miss him so much. I cant seem to come up with the words for a memorial for him that would do him justice... 

Robert
Quote 0 0
NormaT
I am so sorry you have lost your precious Ohno. What an unusual name. Was it because of his clumsiness?

The promise you kept - As sad as it must have been you have done the right thing for him. We suffer their loss to set them free from pain and distress. And boy does our suffering hurt real bad at times. It does get easier but it takes time to heal and for acceptance to begin. In the meantime there's loads of support here, wherever you are on the grieving path. 

Norma
Norma 
Quote 0 0
GunnersMama
I'm so sorry for your loss of your Ohno. I know it doesn't mean much right now but you did right by him. You have him a good life and did not let him suffer. It still doesn't help with the broken heart that feels like it's in a million pieces. I know how you feel. Our Gunner and our Squiggy transitioned 5 months and 1 day apart from each other. Just be kind to yourself. When you have his memorial just speak from the heart. You can never go wrong with that. I wish your heart peace. Sending hugs and prayers.
Quote 0 0
Eddiesmom
I'm so sorry.  Your love for ohno shows in your words.  he was a lucky dog....and so were you.  
Sue E
Quote 0 0
Foreverfranksmom
I am so sorry about your loss.  It is unbearable pain.  We lost our 3 year old bulldog in March.  This guy was with me when my husband deployed several times.   It hurts everyday (we lost him to a freak pacifier incident).  And your loss is so new and I know how awful it is and the pain....

On My Franks memorial I put "Forever and a day" because thats how long my love for him will last.
Quote 0 0