Newf_Love
Last night I lost my 10 year old Newfoundland. I found her in tough shape at a shelter when she was 5 and immediately knew she was family. Over the last 6 months she started having heart problems. They became increasingly worse and medication only seemed to be delaying the inevitable. Yesterday she lost her battle against an old heart while I was by her side.

I'm completely broken. She was my best friend. She was so warm and gentle for being a big dog. Everything just happened so quick over the last 6 months. It's not fair that she only had 10 years of life. I can't even begin to comprehend moving forward from here. She meant the world to me.
Quote 0 0
Ana

Hi, I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am over the loss of your dog. I lost my 14 Boston Terrior Leo 6 days ago. I had just been told the day before that his heart was enlarged and that he had congestive heart failure. He was put on heart meds but the Vet thinks one of the heart valves ruptured. Just like you I cant believe he is gone. It feels lake part of my heart has been ripped out. The idea of having to be separated from him for the rest of my life seems unbarable. The things that have helped me are looking at videos and pictures of him on my phone. Just looking at his funny little face is some comfort to me. Talking to other people who knew him and remind me of some of the funny things he did also helps for a little while. I have started to make a memorial for him on my porch. I have candles and flowers and am starting to write him little notes. Eventually this is where I will place his ashes. I am just feeling my way along but I feel I know some of what you are going through. I can tell how much you loved your dog. s/he was lucky to have such a wonderful mother as you. I am sorry for your pain and I will hold you in my heart during these coming days. ~ Larchana

Larchana Behrends
Quote 0 0
CB
I am so sorry for your loss. It is very hard to feel you have been cheated out of time.You gave her a wonderful 5 years taking her from the shelter and making her part of your family. Those 5 years will have been worth 20 to her.
Love you forever and ever and I will be there for you xx
Quote 0 0