Judicoltrain Show full post »
Achilly
Judi in early December Chance hind legs got real weak and he would fall, then he stopped eating. The vets thought is was his heart because he had a heart condition. It got so bad, we went to the emergency and spent 6 hours there. They were very kind. We found out he had high calcium which could have only been rat positioning which that was not a option. Addison's disease which he tested negative for so the last option was cancer. Giving his age and heart issues we did not want to put him through Kemo. So we took him mom and waited to talk to our vet the following monday. She said she would not do the kemo and just make him comfortable and we could try presnisone to put the cancer in remission. We had to wait a few days untill the rymadal was out of his system. It was awful watching him not eat. I tried everything. He was on 5 different meds 4 rimes a day, and never complained. The prednisone worked for a few weeks he was eating and walking we even made it to the park. I was so happy and started to think he had months left. Sunday we wouldn't eat his food so lucky i had another few cans and he ate them. His legs were also getting wobbly again. Monday was my husbands first day to return to work. He was lucky enough to be off for a month to be with Chance. Chance had a horrible seizure in front of him and he thought he died. He came back but was in distress for some time. We called to have his vet come to our house but she was on vacation. So we called mn paws the put him to rest after that. We could stand the thought of that happening again or when he was alone.
Quote 0 0
Judicoltrain
I'm so sorry archilly. I think Bret had more going on also than kidney failure. Bout 6 months ago he would just be sitting on the floor n get a dazed look in eyes n just have these tremors but as soon i would say his name he came out of it. I told the vet I want his calcium n potassium checked cause with all his urinating and his kidney issues something might be low. And that's what I should have told them at pet emergency. But at the vets his calcium n potassium came back ok. I will never know and this will haunt me rest if my life. Then he came down with this reverse sneezing episodes n I had to clean his nose constantly cause it was crusted over in some spots. He hasn't been well for awhile but he was still happy in his own little way. His teeth were awful n they couldn't do dental cause if his kidneys n anesthetic. He loved his carrots n treats but was getting where he turned his head he didn't want them.. He would still eat them but had to cooked the carrots n then lost interest his treats were kidney health treats n couldn't eat them unless I put them in my mouth to get moist n break in small pieces then he didn't want them most of time. Couldn't put him on prednisone cause of kidneys. I don't think this pain will ever go away. I hope we will be ok but for me it's not looking good at moment. I'm glad your husband is by your side so you don't have to go though this alone.
Judi coltrain
Quote 0 0
Achilly
Oh Judi i wish i could help you feel better. This pain is just so deep and at times i feel like I'm having a anxiety attack. So i empathize with you.
Quote 0 0
Achilly
Sounds like you did everything you could and I'm sure your baby knew how much He was loved 💙 hugs
Quote 0 0
Judicoltrain
Thank you he knew he was loved n i was definitely loved back.
Judi coltrain
Quote 0 0