Darleen
I am writing this to ask if anyone on this forum has used the new flea product Bravecto.  I administered this drug to my chihuahua, Sambucca in Jan. 2017 and again in April 2017.  He had contracted a case of mites and my Vet said this was being used "off-label" for curing a mite problem.  One pill lasts for 3 months.  My Vet suggested a second dose  to make sure Sambucca was fully cured.  Shortly after that Sambucca lost his appetite and was becoming very finicky with food.  We just thought he was getting spoiled and wanted our food.  Finally in December after his appetite was really starting to decrease we took him for some tests.  His kidney function came back extremely diminished.  We tried everything from a special kidney diet to sub-q hydration and even syringe feeding when he wouldn't eat.  He finally spent his last 4 days in a veterinary hosp getting IV fluids to try to rid his little body of the toxins his kidneys couldn't filter out.  The Vet had no answer as to why a 5 yr young dog would go into kidney failure.  He also would not acknowledge that this could have been the result of Bravecto.  I have seen many stories on-line with people writing how horrible this drug is.   I am so heartbroken to think I may have poisoned my dog who was so healthy and used to prance around my yard and chase squirrels.  He was so active and lively and loved being outdoors.  My older son is gathering data to write to the FDA to get this drug off the market.  There is a petition in Canada to get this drug off their market.  I am beyond sick to think that my beautiful precious Sambucca may have been poisoned by this product.  Just alerting everyone to protect our furbabies.

Darleen
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi Darleen,
I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby, Sambucca! Thank you for posting this important information. It seems that many times we don't hear about these things until it is too late. It's so kind of you to think of others in your time of grief. Good luck with your research and I hope you are able to get some answers - and especially some closure. Take Care.
Hugs, MJ
Quote 0 0
nosunshine
Thank you Darleen for being willing to share this with all of us even at this sad time.
I'm sorry for you loss!
Blessings,
Sharon
Quote 0 0