Suzi17
Hello everyone......I wanted to come and see how you all are doing....I posted that I lost my precious Bora on 7/16/17 - it was devastating....and this group helped me so much. I sort of disappeared but thought of you all often.
I was going through a major depression....losing my baby Bora was hard enough. But shortly after that my youngest son....who just became a new father of a beautiful son...was in an accident and his neck was broken. He has a C2 break...but by the grace of God only...my son is able to walk and will recover fully. But its been a scary road.

Well this past Saturday I was at my sister's...as I was getting ready to leave...I was looking out her kitchen window into her backyard.....she has 3 dogs out there. I noticed a cute white one....looking just like my Bora but white....so I ask, who's white dog is that? She said, that's Zoe, she's mine.
I go outside and all 3 dogs come to me....but Zoe was persistent squeezing through the other dogs....she puts her paws on my legs and just looks at me.....we almost instantly feel in love....and kinda bonded. I started petting her behind her ears and she just stared at me....I was in love.
I go inside, and my sister said, do you want her? I'm trying to find her a home......
So though I wasn't looking, didn't think I was ready. I'm excited that I'll be picking up my new best friend Saturday...I'm so excited..its bittersweet because I wish I had Bora. But Zoe picked me....I'm hoping this will be the beginning of a long relationship.

My heart still aches for my baby...I don't talk about him much because it hurts too much....but I'm getting by ....I'm getting by.

Like that song...Broken halos -
"don't go looking for the reasons, dont go asking jesus why.....we're not meant to know the answers, they belong to the by and by"

I can stay stuck in why...forever but it'll kill me mentally....

I want you guys to know I think of you all often.

Much love Suzi

This is my Bora
Quote 0 0
LisaAndy
Bora was adorable. It is a great story how your new dog picked you! I know you will have a wonderful bond and hope it helps to ease some of your sadness over Bora. Did you name your new dog yet?
Lisa
Quote 0 0
Suzi17
LisaAndy wrote:
Bora was adorable. It is a great story how your new dog picked you! I know you will have a wonderful bond and hope it helps to ease some of your sadness over Bora. Did you name your new dog yet?
Lisa

Lisa,

Thank you....as of right now her name will stay Zoe...until I pick a name for her. I'm really super excited. Losing Bora after 9 yrs was hard. So this is a new chapter for me. I still have my moments....but I think this is going to be a positive thing.
Quote 0 0
Bullymom
Hi Suzie, how nice to hear that you are doing so much better!! Sorry to hear about your son, thank God he’ll be fine! I’m happy for you and your new furbaby! I’m sure your Bora has been watching over you and sent you this new love!
I’m still not ready. I am doing a lotbetter, bonding with Maya and trying to go back to my life, but I still miss my Diego everyday and have to hide my tears. I’ve been to a shelter close by and seen the dogs, even played with some, but I’m definetely not ready for another one. I cry everytime I see one that reminds me of Diego, everytime I see his pictures, or when I’m playing with Maya. I just miss him so much.
I hope I’ll get over this and feel ready to love another one someday. I love Maya, but is not nearly the same bond I had with Diego. I’m happy for you!
Wish you the best,
Chris
Quote 0 0
Suzi17
Bullymom,

I honestly didn't think I was ready for another furbaby. But it happened when I least expected it. I never thought that maybe Bora has something to do with this....I hope so. She's so much like him...her laid back way.

Of course my heart still hurts for my baby. Its hard for me to talk about him with anyone....I start crying. But one day I may not. I love looking at his videos....my baby :)

Bobbiesmum,

Thank you so much...Zoe is such a blessing...I can't wait until Saturday when I go pick her up.
Quote 0 0
Suzi17
So I have Zoe with me now. We are both adjusting...she's 3 yrs old so she needs to learn to trust me
I have a question for anyone who has decided to get a new fur baby after the loss of one.
Did you feel guilty? I find myself crying because I keep thinking this should be Bora with me....I love Zoe don't get me wrong...she's my baby...but I cry more for Bora now. I keep thinking he should be here laying next to me....Is this normal? I just miss him so much.

This is Zoe....she's getting use to me.
Quote 0 0
LisaAndy
Hi Suzi,

I got my new dog only yesterday and so far so good. But I find myself wondering if it IS going to help me get over my grief for Andy, who was really the love of my life.  She is a real dear and I did not bond to Andy right away, I liked him but it took some time for me to absolutely love him. I can't be bonded to this dog in one day yet. When I pet her I think, is this how it was petting Andy? well not really but a little bit. Last night she cuddled up to me, it was nice, but not the same.

I also tell myself it's a new phase of my life, the phase where I had Andy is over and this is the next phase. I need to realize this and life marches on. It stinks I know!

I did get her cause I hate to sleep without a dog but I'm not sure if I'll get the same feeling from her sleeping with me,,he was just so mushy and cuddly. I also cry too because it almost makes me think about him more!

so to answer your question I think it is normal that you are still major grieving for Bora. You lost Bora only about a week before I lost Andy- he died on July 23rd.
I was telling the rescue lady yesterday the story of how he got sick and died and I just burst into tears, I didnt want to cry in front of her, I didnt mean for it to happen. 

But I think it is totally normal that we are both still grieving for such a life's love less than 3 months later. I think the new furbaby IS a comfort. I think they will help us but they won't push our grief away. They won't cover up our grief. I got this dog because i have been such a total mess I thought perhaps this will help because I was sitting here wallowing. I felt I needed to do something to try to help me feel better, so I am hoping this little dog does help me to feel better.

sorry you are still feeling so sad but I totally get it, cause me too.
Quote 0 0
Suzi17
LisaAndy wrote:
Hi Suzi,

I got my new dog only yesterday and so far so good. But I find myself wondering if it IS going to help me get over my grief for Andy, who was really the love of my life.  She is a real dear and I did not bond to Andy right away, I liked him but it took some time for me to absolutely love him. I can't be bonded to this dog in one day yet. When I pet her I think, is this how it was petting Andy? well not really but a little bit. Last night she cuddled up to me, it was nice, but not the same.

I also tell myself it's a new phase of my life, the phase where I had Andy is over and this is the next phase. I need to realize this and life marches on. It stinks I know!

I did get her cause I hate to sleep without a dog but I'm not sure if I'll get the same feeling from her sleeping with me,,he was just so mushy and cuddly. I also cry too because it almost makes me think about him more!

so to answer your question I think it is normal that you are still major grieving for Bora. You lost Bora only about a week before I lost Andy- he died on July 23rd.
I was telling the rescue lady yesterday the story of how he got sick and died and I just burst into tears, I didnt want to cry in front of her, I didnt mean for it to happen. 

But I think it is totally normal that we are both still grieving for such a life's love less than 3 months later. I think the new furbaby IS a comfort. I think they will help us but they won't push our grief away. They won't cover up our grief. I got this dog because i have been such a total mess I thought perhaps this will help because I was sitting here wallowing. I felt I needed to do something to try to help me feel better, so I am hoping this little dog does help me to feel better.

sorry you are still feeling so sad but I totally get it, cause me too.

Good morning LisaAndy,

Yes I feel I thunk of him more with Zoe around. And just cried my heart out last night....Bora was also the live of my life...the way he would look at me - I miss that...I miss him...he knew me, I knew him.
And like you, I can barely talk about him to anyone, I'll still start crying.
I have to learn that Zoe is not Bora....I cannot expect her to act like him....so I'm taking my time getting to know her...
Thank you for sharing....helps me Not feel so bad.

Quote 0 0
LisaAndy
I'm glad it helped. I think after awhile you will learn the true personality of Zoe and get a special bond with her. You have not had her long enough to learn her cute quirks. I think living with a pet over a long time, only their owner knows their true personality and it takes awhile. if people meet my poodle Skippy, they don't know his true personality like me and my sons do. He is funny how when he is relaxed he will hold your hand in his paws and start licking your fingers with this cute look on his face. My sons always smile when he does that- and I know when he is gone (he is already 14 12/) they will remember these special intimate things about him. I think you and I having our new furbabies for a short time so far, have not discovered all of their personalities and have not totally bonded. I had Andy ten years,  How many years did you have Bora? It is a long time to have them in your life, year after year, you build up a close connection.
I think we need to give it time, and learn to love our new dogs, and hope some of the pain for our loss decreases, although of course we will never forget their sweet souls.
Quote 0 0
Suzi17
I had my Bora for 9 yrs..we did everything together....it was just me and him fur the last 4 yrs...
Road trips
Hiking
The beach
I'd sing to him
Dance with him
Talk to him when I got home from work..
Cry to him when I was sad...
He was my everything....
He was killed by a pit :( He was with a sitter....My guilt for not having him with me that day was eating me inside.
Zoe n I will be great....thank you so much...it helps a lot
Quote 0 0