Boomboom
Vet called yesterday & told me Boomers ashes were ready. I was glad cus I wanted him back home in some way shape or form. I knew it would be hard to compose myself once I got there. But I had to wait so long , just standing there waiting, watching other ppl w their dogs, smiles on their faces. It was so HARD. A man gave me the bill & said sorry for your loss & the tears started coming. I tried so hard not to but I couldn't help it. Then ppl started to notice & everything went quiet. Like there was a spotlight on me. Finally they brought me his box & I just left. & when I got outside I just let the tears flow. A man that was inside earlier saw me & said sorry man. I jus nodded. So I got home , sat on his fav spot of the couch & cried. Crying cus I missed him & cus he was back home. He used to always sleep up against the wall in the corner of the bed so that's where I put him. Before I went to sleep I prayed to God to please give me a sign that Boomer wasn't mad at me & He's doing ok. Even tho he kissed me 3x before he went I still felt guilty for not getting him outa there Like so many x before. About 5 years ago I took a friend of mine to where Boomer was born because his parents had some more pups. Full blood to Boomer and Cotton. Even tho Boomer was about 5 yrs old at the time. We walked in the garage and there were three 7 week old pups in a little kiddie pool. And I could see Boomer very curious and very interested. He sniffed them all and played for a second. So last night I had a dream about Boomer and in the dream he was just laying there looking at me with Three Little Pups just jumping up and down on him like he was just being a big brother. Well I don't know what that means but I'm hoping that it meant he was doing okay and that he's not mad at me. & He's saying " dad, sleep in peace, no worries, i love you forever & always. So to be honest even tho my heart jus aches so bad for him I have somewhat of a calm peaceful easing feeling. I know the pain will continue to be unbearable at times but I have a feeling he's doing just fine. Come to find out, my buddy who cotton belonged to , his cousins mother-in-law bred them & they actually had a full sister of boomer & cottons, she was actually an albino white boxer& she was deaf. Het name was daisy. They also jus had to put her down. So what are the odds of all 3 going pretty much at the same time. I hope all 3 are happy. & so happy he's not alone. That gives my heart some comfort.
Quote 0 0
MyBella
Dear Jeffrey,

I am so, so sorry for the loss of your handsome Boomer, it is never easy losing such a loved, valued member of our family.
I hope by having Boomer's ashes home will bring a bit of peace for you. I felt a sense of relief once I had my little girl's ashes home, I hope you get the same feeling as I did.
How nice of that stranger to acknowledge you and your pain, sometimes simple words as "I'm sorry" from a complete stranger can help your heart.

Sending our most positive healing thoughts your way, may the love and light that is your precious Boomer always be felt so deeply in your heart, bringing with his love, the peace and healing you so deserve.

I am so sorry for your loss.
Sincerely, Don & Vera
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi Jeffrey,
I just read your pm and this post. It made me so sad thinking of you picking up Boomer's ashes. I know how difficult that must have been. Everyone there likely has pets and could empathize with how you were feeling. I hope, as Don said, that it will give you some comfort having Boomer's ashes at home with you. It's not the same at all though, I know. I also felt better having Bailey's ashes at home with us. It had turned cold after he died and so it helped to see his little urn inside - safe and warm at home again.
I think it was a nice idea to place Boomer's ashes where he liked to sleep - close to you - that's where he would like to be!
Your dream was very interesting. Given that you had asked God for a sign before you went to sleep I'm sure it was significant. I am wondering about the 3 puppies in your dream. He gave you 3 kisses before he left - but also Boomer, Cotton and Daisy are all together again and all likely young and healthy and happy - just like the puppies in your dream. I think it's a safe bet to assume Boomer is not angry with you but is very grateful for all of the love and good times he shared with you - sadly so many dogs never get that.
I'm glad to hear that your heart feels a little lighter. Boomer will be so happy to see his dad having some peace - even though you still miss your boy so very much.
Sending hugs,
MJ
Beautiful pictures!!
Quote 0 0
camunki
I am glad you have your Boomers ashes back home now. I am sure you are going thru a whirlwind of emotions..this is all fresh new and raw and the grieving path is a hard one.

I know that was a sign from your Boomer saying he is ok in his new heavenly home, on his new journey, always being your guardian angel. Glad he was with your sweet Cotton and Daisy all together having fun.

Wishing you a peaceful day and my heart goes out to you with your Boomer.

Cam

Quote 0 0
Boomboom
Thank you all sooooooo much. I actually went to a pet grieving support group this past Wednesday. There was about 8 of us in there & its amazing how good it felt being w them. I thought twice about walking in , let alone even talking & I ended up talking about boomer for half the time. It felt like I was releasing so much tension & anxiety. As much I my heart aches for him it also aches for all if you all to. I hope everyone on here finds a little bit of piece within them. & mj thanks for pointing out all the 3s, that's really AMAZING!!!!! Also they all went 3 wks apart.Makes me feel good
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi Jeffrey,
So glad the support group was able to help! I remember checking in our area after Bailey died, but unfortunately they didn't have any at the time. I think it's good that you shared with people, who would totally understand, about your loss and how special Boomer was to you.
I didn't realize that Boomer, Cotton and Daisy went 3 weeks apart as well - all the 3s!! Wow! I think there is definitely a message there for you!
Thinking of you and your handsome boy Boomer!
MJ
Quote 0 0
Boomboom
Thank you mj...I know he's gone but it just don't seem real. He was supposed to live forever. My heart just aches & aches & aches for him. I feel so incomplete. Usually about this time we are laying in bed or in the couch watching tv.
Quote 0 0