Domina
It's been six weeks since my beloved Sheba left me. I really didn't know how I was going to get through it, but I managed it with strength found here.

I just want to share a feeling. As you are all aware, the process of this grief is rocky. Some days doable, others not so good. Today was OK. I was doing laundry. I simply took the warm towels out of the dryer and threw them on my bed.

My Sheba could be in a deep sleep, in another room, but if warm towels were on the bed, she was on/in them. How she loved to find the perfect little spot to sleep in. She would work at fixing it just to her satisfaction. Ah, my baby. Anyway, I just took the towels out and tossed them on the bed. I'm remembering my girl and my hearts breaks again. It did make me smile to have such special little remembrances of my baby, but how my heart is hurting.

I shall miss her every day for the rest of my life.

To everyone here......stay strong and be well!
Maria

Quote 0 0
Lullyloo

Ahhh... thanks for sharing.  I can relate to this.  I am sending love your way and hoping you are peaceful today.  It's still so fresh for me (two days) that it hurts to exist.  Thanks for being here and offering hope, and sharing your experience.

We may not be together in the way we used to be, but we are still connected by a cord no eye can see.
Quote 0 0
Loving_Ayesha
Maria:

So sorry for the departure of your little Sheba. Is your avatar her picture? She looks very special, sweet and innocent. I said goodbye to my little Ayesha last month.
Your remembrances bring back Ayesha's lying on my chest while I would be reading a book or at lights out. She would gently "chirp" if I dozed and stopped petting her; she would give me little reminders like that to continue our bonding and lovefests.
Your poignant description of Sheba really hits home.
Our furry ones bring with them unconditional love - and little pieces of Heaven every moment they are with us. They are the essence of innocence. I think that is just one reason we miss them so when they go to the Bridge...
I'm sure on some very special level, she is still warming herself on the fresh towels. Her spirit will always be with you.
Please share more about her.
"A performing artist she; she purred with the mastery of an accomplished musician."
Quote 0 0
MyBelovedMaci
Domina...my heart and soul goes out to you. Along with everyone else on the board, I completely understand. This past Wednesday was a month since my Maci passed away in my arms...she was 18. My Maci would do the same thing that Sheba did...make the laundry her bed of choice for the moment. (Maci really liked socks).

I posted something on the board this past Wednesday in honor of my girl at the exact time she passed away. If you would like to, please read it because I am struggling with the same feelings...day by day.

This website has been a source of comfort for me. Also, check out this book when you have time..."Saying Goodbye to your Angel Animals" Finding Comfort After Losing Your Pet by Allen and Linda Anderson. The book is AWESOME!!!!

Hang in there...we are all trying to hang on ourselves.
Quote 0 0
Woodypatty
I couldn't open a can of mixed nuts no matter how quiet I tried to be. Raven could be sound asleep and I would try to ease the lid off. It never failed. She came running. I don't think I'll ever have another nut without thinking of her. Instead of tears ( they still are triggered sometimes) this memory now brings a sweet sadness. Spring is bringing on a lot of memories and sometimes tears  and it has been over 4 months for me.It gets better as time goes by but triggers happen. I totally understand.                                                                             Patty
Quote 0 0