Alicia_krypto
I gave krypto back to the universe 9 days ago. As the days go by I don’t seem to cry as much during the but at night time I have to cry myself to sleep.

Yesterday I received a phone call from the office manager from the animal hospital with some bad news regarding the “package” I requested 9 days ago. I requested cremation and right front paw. Specifically, I wanted the front right paw because krypto has a extra digit on that side which made him more special. It’s sort of funny. I had him for years before I even knew about it. One day I was messaging his paws and there it was.

Anyways, the woman from the pet office said that the company who does the cremation services called her saying that they didn’t read the instruction card until after he already cremated my baby!! They did the left paw. As soon as she told me that I broke down crying. I said “how could they do this?? What’s the point on having an instruction card if you don’t read it!!! This is their business and they thought it would be ok to not read the instructions??” The woman felt so bad for me she agreed that this work was unacceptable especially since there is no way to fix it. I am still heart broken about this. I was planning on getting that paw print as a tattoo. This company too something very important from me and Now I can never get that back. After getting off the phone with the office manager, she called them to see what they could do to try to make things right. She called me back maybe 20 minuets later saying that she got them to wave all the fees including cremation since that was the least they could do. She also had it expedited since I wasn’t expected to have krypto for 6 weeks. Thay are also including 3d paw prints (which I’m not sure what the difference is from the regular paw print). I told her I appreciate the gesture from them but that still doesn’t make up for what they took from me.

Long story short, I got a call this morning saying that krypto is at the animal hospital and that I can pick him up. As soon as I got out of class I drove straight over to bring my baby home. I did get the refund but honestly the money never mattered, I just wanted krypto back. Now he is home with me and as of now I placed his box on my bed (his favorite place).

I miss my baby boy so much. I would give anything to have him laying next to me in my bed.

I miss you handsome
Quote 0 0
Sooz
OMG, Alicia, my heart is breaking after reading this!  

You're right, the money refunded isn't important!  

They had a responsibility to do things right, to make sure everything is just so and perfect, for a grieving owner who has the expectation that info will be read and understood!  I am so sorry this happened to you!!!!!!!

Krypto is now home with you again. I love his photo--his little happy smile and his bright eyes, what a handsome little fella!

I'm waiting to get Luigi's ashes. I told the vet office that I specifically did NOT want him cremated with others pets, and said that I wanted him cremated separately.  I can only hope they aren't incompetent neanderthal boobs at the crematorium. I want my boy home with me again. He left a week ago today. It time for his ashes to come back home.  
Heaven is the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you.
Quote 0 0
Alicia_krypto
Sooz,
Oh yes! I requested a private cremation as well! I’m so sorry for your loss. This pain in unbearable. Thank you for understanding my pain. I know at the end of the day I still have my krypto home with me and i still have the paw prints but my heart is still broken. The ashes are put into a plastic zip lock and then placed in the box or even that you requested. I unscrewed the box so I could hold him. Once I saw the ashes, I broke down crying saying I’m sorry out loud. I don’t know why but I felt bad for turning his body into ashes. I think I’m just overly sensitive right now. I mean how else was I suppose to have him home with me?

Once you have your Luigi, you will feel so much better knowing he is home where he belongs
Quote 0 0
Sooz
(((((Alicia)))))
Ashes from cremation was my choice, too -- taxidermy is out, and burial isn't very portable if you move, and burial at a pet cemetery isn't close enough to the home where my little dog lived with me. I need Luigi to be home with his momma!
Heaven is the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you.
Quote 0 0
Alicia_krypto
Exactly. Ashes seem to be the best option. I just don’t think I was prepared to see my baby in powder form. Last night I slept with him in my bed. I wrapped the box up in his blanket and let him sleep with me. It may sound weird but it made me feel better
Quote 0 0