Tinksmomma143
Hi everyone new to this forum and could really used some advice/suggestions. I lost the love of my life, my reason for everything on December 2, 2019 (my b-day is 12/1 she held on to make sure she had one more birthday with me), and with her birthday quickly approaching I am finding myself even more emotional about this terrible loss.  

My sweet baby girls 16th birthday is in just a few weeks and every year I throw her a party and make the day all about her and this year I do not want it to be any different any ideas or suggestions on how to celebrate her life with out me completely breaking down the entire day?

Thank you all in advance and I am so sorry for you loss!!

Tinksmomma <3 
Quote 1 0
agirlnamedraquel

Hi everyone new to this forum and could really used some advice/suggestions. I lost the love of my life, my reason for everything on December 2, 2019 (my b-day is 12/1 she held on to make sure she had one more birthday with me), and with her birthday quickly approaching I am finding myself even more emotional about this terrible loss.  

My sweet baby girls 16th birthday is in just a few weeks and every year I throw her a party and make the day all about her and this year I do not want it to be any different any ideas or suggestions on how to celebrate her life with out me completely breaking down the entire day?

Thank you all in advance and I am so sorry for you loss!!

Tinksmomma <3 

I’m really sorry for your loss. I lost my sweet girl six weeks ago and what would have been her 15th birthday just passed on the 4th of July. We also would throw her a party every year and celebrate with all her favorite things. I felt so very sad the whole day, but we had a small ice cream cake in memory of her and spent some time reminiscing and trying to focus on happy memories of our time with her. I won’t lie, it was difficult. I broke down a few times. I cried a lot. It hurt. But, it was also nice to share something that she really loved, in her honor. I like to believe she was present in spirit enjoying her special day with us. 

Quote 0 0
Tinksmomma143
Thank you so much for your response it means so much at such a hard time. I am so sorry for your loss, they are family they are children to us and losing them is just so difficult. I like the idea of having a little ice cream cake in memory, she would go crazy for that :) I am having all my family write little notes to her and reading at the end of her party that is going to be soooo hard. My husband swears she will be there with us to celebrate, she never missed a party that was all about her why would she start now? That has given me hope that I will feel her spirit that day! 

Again thank you for your response. I am here if you ever need someone to vent to, cry to, anything!! 
Quote 1 0
agirlnamedraquel

Thank you so much for your response it means so much at such a hard time. I am so sorry for your loss, they are family they are children to us and losing them is just so difficult. I like the idea of having a little ice cream cake in memory, she would go crazy for that :) I am having all my family write little notes to her and reading at the end of her party that is going to be soooo hard. My husband swears she will be there with us to celebrate, she never missed a party that was all about her why would she start now? That has given me hope that I will feel her spirit that day! 

Again thank you for your response. I am here if you ever need someone to vent to, cry to, anything!! 

You’re most welcome! They really are family and the loss is tremendous. I love your idea of reading little notes to her. That is so incredibly lovely. It will be difficult but I also think it’s a memory that you’ll be happy to have someday. In my heart, I believe that your husband is right and she will be by your side to share in the festivities.  I hope you will feel her presence and love as you celebrate her special day. I know, I feel my Reyna’s spirit around me often and it does bring me some comfort. I believe she is looking out for me just as she always did in life. 

Thank you so much for your kindness.  I’m here too for whatever you may need. It’s never a bad thing to have a shoulder to cry on or a new friend =) 

I wish you lots of healing and peace. Be well <3

Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
Tinksmomma143:

Every year I used to celebrate my baby's birthday with a small cake and all the trimmings. The cake and baked goods would be consumed by people (not by my dog) and I used to cook her a big birthday spread with her favorite foods: steak, sweet potatoes, hummus, collard greens, etc. I am NOT suggesting that you go to all the trouble of preparing a banquet in honor of your baby, but maybe just getting a small cupcake with a single candle on top and placing it in a spot where your beloved pet used to sleep. Also, it sounds like you have relatives and friends that might want to join in on that day, possibly by reading a small passage on their most cherished memory of your furry friend. And yes, I think your husband is right, she will be there in spirit that day joining in on the festivities. In addition, if Tink had a favorite toy, you may want to place it by the cupcake as a lasting tribute to your unwavering love for her. Regardless of how you acknowledge that day, it speaks volumes on your character that you want to celebrate her life. Bless you and your husband.

Warmest regards,
Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 1 0