bernieboy
It has been a month since I lost my beloved Bernie of 14 years.  He was my best friend and I never loved anyone or anything more than him.  He was such a good dog.  He always waited for me at the door when I came home.  He would twirl around in excitement and I would get down on the floor with hm and we'd give each other kisses.  I miss our walks to the park and around the block.  It hurts to walk the same path we use to since it was our path where he would sniff and leave his mark.  I spoiled him with treats and especially at dinner when he would be under the table waiting for his portion of food.  The house is so empty and its hard at night and in the morning when I wake and he is by my side scratching the bed for me to get up.  I have never felt this much grief and it still hurts every day.  I'm hoping it will get better but I don't know.  I had him cremated and he sits on the mantle over the fireplace. I had hoped that this would bring me comfort, but every time I look at him, It just brings back the pain of having to put him down.  He was such a brave at the end, I spent time with, telling him how much I loved him and thanks him for all the great memories that we shared with each other.  I go out at night and look at the stars wishing that he know that I look for him every night and hope that one day that we will be together. That would be heaven for me.  Goodbye my boy, Daddy will always love you. 
Ernie A Arevalos
Quote 0 0
roseblue1
I lost my darling boy Monty (Maine Coon Cat) coming up for eight week and the loss was the most heart breaking I have ever had to deal with and still have a tear every day as I loved him very much along with my daughter. You miss everything they did like Monty would always scratch his face on the side of the coffee table as he walked pass or give a long good stretch...I still see him doing that and would do anything to kiss his head and tell him how much I love him.

I have his ashes as well and I talk to him throughout the day...we did find some comfort from them being returned to us.

The pain will get less in time and your wonderful memories you shared together will overtake the sorrow you feel...Bernie would have not wanted you to feel sad as he loved you very much and you him.

Bernie is still with you inside your heart and he will never leave you he loved you to much.

Come on here whenever you want as there are so many people who will help you through your sad time and will like to hear the tales of you and Bernie.

Take care my thoughts are with you.

Ellen X
Ellen Hague
Quote 0 0
Mdmoore
Bernieboy, I can relate to everything you said about your best friend Bernie from coming home and he waited for you at the door, to spoiling him with treats and taking him on walks and how certain places and things remind you of him and it makes you miss him even more.  My baby girl Ruby passed away a few months ago and the grief is overwhelming.  Today I looked at her  leash and made me cry because I miss her so much.  She lived to be 14 years old and I treasure all the memories with her but it doesn’t take away the pain.  Just like you, I hope with time the pain will lessen, although it’s hard to believe that right now.  Take care, Mel
M moore
Quote 0 0
bernieboy
Thanks to all that responded to my email.  I know we all feel so sad and lonely.  It's now been 6 weeks since I lost my beloved boy and today is a very bad emotional day for me.  Went walking and the memories of us both walking down the streets was overwhelming.  I always take tissues with me since I know I'm going to break down along the way.  I miss his excitement when I would come home and he would run out to meet me. He was a very jealous boy and would come between me and my wife when she would hug and kiss me tonight.  I miss him not being next to me on my side of the bed.  cannot believe what a hole he has left in my heart.  My mother recently passed and I feel guilty since I did not have this much emotion on her loss.  I guess it because we have our parents much longer than our pets.  Some days are better than others, but I don't want the pain to go away.  I feel if I do, then I will forget my beloved boy and lose sight of our memories.  I have his ashes and pictures to remind me of what a lovely little guy he was.  I go out every night and look at the stars and speak to him.  I just want a sign that he is OK.  Seams silly, but that's how I feel.  I look forward to the day that we will reunite and be one again.  I hope my boy is running and playing at Rainbow bridge with Tippy and all the other wonderful dogs.  Daddy misses you.
Ernie A Arevalos
Quote 0 0