Benji123
My beautiful boy Benji a cavalier was suddenly taken from us on April 2nd. Just over eleven he was was my best friend, I hated leaving him in the morning but the greeting when I returned home from work was worth waiting for. Like ye all I had a special relationship with my beloved Benj, he followed me everywhere and my life has changed so much in the past three weeks. I have such guilt over his passing as he suddenly became ill during the night and died in my arms. I'm a fifty six year old man who has reared four children as md I'm continually breaking down. I'm an emotional mess I miss him so much but I'm so glad I found this forum as reading some of the posts makes me realise I'm not alone, my heart is literally breaking and getting his ashes back yesterday makes it so real. Thanks for reading and stay safe.
Quote 1 0
Monroegirl
So sorry for the loss of your beloved, Benji. I lost my beloved cat, Monroe, of 20 years two weeks ago; I received her ashes back on Tuesday. I've learned that guilt is part of it no matter how their passing on occurs. That, hopefully, eases for us. Take care and God bless.  
Quote 0 0
Molly4always

I’m sorry for your loss of Benji.  I lost my 11 year old cat in January but still miss her.  At first, you’re so devastated and lost.  My grief was overwhelming and I cried for weeks off and on.  My home felt so lonely without my kitty; there wasn’t a room where her memory wasn’t there.

May I offer my deepest sympathies on your loss of your precious boy. Hope your heart heals in time.

Quote 0 0
Pecan_mom

@Benji123
I am so sorry for your loss.  I feel your pain.My sweet 9 year old Cockapoo passed away suddenly last month. She was fine all day.  Got sick and passed away in 8 hours and as soon as we rushed her to emergency.  I was a complete mess for the first 3 weeks and felt guilty and blamed myself for not taking her in sooner.  So many what ifs and I should haves and more.  The guilt comes back somedays, I had a rough day today.. but I know I have done everything for her and loved her so much.  I treated her like my own daughters.  God knows how much I miss her and I never ever imagined her going so soon.  It’s painful but it will get easier.  I’m praying for you🙏🏼

Sp
Quote 0 0
Benji123
Thank you all for your kind words and commiserations on all your losses. There is a lot going on in the world at the moment but I'm so glad I posted on this forum. Everyone has a story and it great that I'm not alone in dealing with this incredible grief, cried myself asleep last night and woke up crying, time is a healer they say but at the moment life is difficult. I cannot thank you all enough for caring and I pray that each and every one of you find peace of mind soon. 
Quote 0 0
The5ofus
I am so sorry for your loss. We lost our 14 year old Pug a week ago Saturday. We took him in for a check up and the vet came back and told us we would have to put him to sleep due to a mass on his spleen. Like you said, our dog was with us all the time and everything in life is different without him now. We got his ashes back today and you are right, that makes what seemed just not possible final. There is a lot of anger and hate in today's world, and dogs counteract that by providing us a beacon of unconditional love that cant be replicated.
Quote 1 0
Benji123
So sorry to hear about your loss life is very difficult at the moment all we really can do is to try and soldier on. I still cannot believe what happened seemingly healthy one day and gone the next. I think my biggest issue is that to me my Benji was still young I was hoping that if his health held up I could get him to at least 14 instead fate intervened and I'm left devastated by his loss, however life is full of challenges and change and hopefully some day I will go to bed without crying and start the day without crying. 
Quote 0 0