Breezy2013
My Parrot Brutus died back in june.  I am feeling some regrets like II could have done more when she was still here.  I also have thoughts that if I took her to the vets earlier maybe the outcome could have been different.  I need to be together for my other Parrot Breezy and my other animals, so I cant afford to be like this.  Parrots are complicated to care for.  They need fresh fruits and veggies and cooked Grain Bake, cooked Beans  and grains every day.
If love could have saved you you never would have died.
Quote 0 0
Almita
Hello Breezy 2013, I am sorry for your loss. I had several budgies so I know the attachment you can have to a bird also. Birds are also very good at disguising their health problems. Mine did. They don't want to show as the weak part of a flock...he must have been a lovely chap your parrot. I understand the feelings of guilt I am going through the same. My dog Alma was pts on the 31st of July and I am full of guilt wondering what I should have seen better. She was 17 and 10 months and I didn't want to torture her with invasive medical treatments. I wanted to weigh her quality of life against the stress of being at the clinic. It was a difficult choice to make. I am still not sure it was good and it it very difficult to live with this doubts. I had to trust my feelings and they were telling me she was suffering. 
I hope you feel better soon all the best x

Alma, the light of my life in my darkest hours....you will be missed forever...
Quote 0 0
Breezy2013
Yes, birds do hide their illnesses.  They are prey animals.  Brutus was a great girl, she could talk and it was kind of different from losing my dogs and cats.  She was  a Blue and Gold Macaw, so there was also the fact that she was beautiful.  Something that beautiful it just seems wrong for it to die.  She along with my African Grey were basically pretty much my best friends.  I feel something has gone out of my life, a lights gone out and I have lost a  good friend.  The house is too quiet, I have been playing the stereo  so my Grey Parrot gets singing along and it is filling the void some.
Quote 0 0
Almita
Hello againBreezy 2013, birds can be very entertaining. I love birds even my garden birds make me happy. My budgie could say hello, darling and i love you and his name Paulino ....he managed to escape from his cage when the door wasn't properly shut...I was very sad... what was wrong with Brutus? I am sorry I thought Brutus was a boys name.
He is now in birds heaven higher than he ever flew before I am so sorry about your loss.
Alma, the light of my life in my darkest hours....you will be missed forever...
Quote 0 0
Breezy2013
Budgies and Cockatiels can be some of the best talkers.  I had a Grey English Budgie growing up, great talker.  We had basically someone who I call an  idiot now knock on our door.  He stood there stupidly watching as my boy flew out the door, never to be seen again.  He could see him flying, I will never know why he didnt just close the door :(  We think Brutus had Liver problems.  The big parrots the sexes look identical, couldnt tell so gave her a boys name, then she started  laying eggs when old enough.  By then she knew and said her name.
Quote 0 0