Tabitha
Yesterday I lost my beautiful border collie Megan after nearly 16 long sweet years. The house now seems so empty without her, I keep expecting her to bound up to welcome me when I come through the door but it's just so quiet. I just cannot envisage being without her after all this time. Any words of avice would be really appreciated.

Thanks 
Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Dear Tabitha,

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and your loneliness.  We all understand, and we will do all we can to help you through these lonely early days.

Bless you for giving Megan such a long, happy life with you.  She was so blessed to have found her way to such a wonderful dogmom!  I hope that as the happy emories return, you will come here and share them with us.  It will help you to write about those days, and we all love getting to know all the Bridge Kids through the wonderful stories their special people tell.

Megan will live forever and always in spirit and in your heart.  She's your special angel, and she will never be more than a whisper away from you. Talk to her and she will hear your words of love.  Reach out to pet her, and she will feel your touch.  It's so hard to adjust to not having them with us physically, but she is a part of your heart as long as you live.

You and your Angel Megan are in my thoughts and prayers.

My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Quote 0 0
Boogie
Today is three months to the day I lost my beloved Boogie, a 12 3/4 year-old labrador. I remember the first days and weeks only as a haze of shock and pain.

It may be hard to believe, but your pet is still with you, just in a different way. I was too distraught in the beginning to feel it. But if only you leave yourself open to it....and it is just a question of being open and non-judgmental....then you will feel Megan's presence.

And if that connection is open, then, after you have grieved and shed most of your tears, try to turn every time Megan comes into your mind into an opportunity to send her a good and loving thought and a kiss. She'll be able to feel it. Sometimes I connect directly with Boogie that way...it's like both of us happening to look at each other at the same time. Often I don't connect with her, but she feels my touch anyway. Sometimes, when I send her the good and loving thought after she's popped into my mind during the day, I immediately get a picture of her doing stuff at what I think must be Rainbow Bridge. But the one constant is that I send her love and that she receives it. I'm still her loving mom, we're just separated physically at the moment.

The physical thing, the loss of her being around me....that's endlessly tough. It is the void of her not being here. Is there anything in life that is more sad than that? It is a long stretch that we have to go through. There was a price to pay for our great love for our pet, and now we're paying it. As heartbreaking as it is, it is also a testament to the great gift we enjoyed for so long. And the price we have to pay is so small in comparison to our reward, the experience of a deep and meaningful relationship of true love in our life.

You will meet again. Until then, be open to Megan. Just open, no demands. Then she can be with you in a different way until you can both have the same form and be of the same state of being.

Hugs to you...this is probably one of the hardest things in life. It's a journey to go through it and come to understand it. But I bet that your Megan was worth it, your having to go through this for her now. And she's with you through it all....just in a way that is a bit different than before.

My Boogie died on 3/25/2010. She was the best dog anybody could ask for. I will be with her again when my time comes.

A drawing of Pax by Heather Spears. She specializes in bereavement and is wonderful to work with, she understands how we feel. She can be reached at spears.heather@gmail.com
Quote 0 0
dallypup
so sorry for your loss.  my heart goes out to you!
Quote 0 0
jan

So sorry for the loss of your Megan, Im sure time will slowly heal for you as it did with us after losing our Retriever Winston 13, its been a year now and its helped so much coming here where we all understand how we feel at this time, Of course we never forget them, but in time you will think of all the happy times you had with Megan and not be so sad.  We said we would never have another dog, but a year later we have just taken on a border collie rescue 5 months old also called Megan, Take care,

J catt
Quote 0 0
jan

So sorry for the loss of your Megan, Im sure time will slowly heal for you as it did with us after losing our Retriever Winston 13, its been a year now and its helped so much coming here where we all understand how we feel at this time, Of course we never forget them, but in time you will think of all the happy times you had with Megan and not be so sad.  We said we would never have another dog, but a year later we have just taken on a border collie rescue 5 months old also called Megan, Take care,

J catt
Quote 0 0
Tricia
Dear Tabitha,

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Megan. Your loss is so very fresh and new and only time and talking to many here who understand the loss of a precious fur baby will help get you through the very difficult times.No matter how much time goes by, we always miss our babies that have left for the Bridge, they are our children, a part of our family and they will never be forgotten. I promise you that as each day goes by it will get just a bit better, it will just take one day at a time. Megan will forever live in your heart and soul, surrounding you with her love. The loving memories will never die and you will remember her with smiles and yes some tears too.

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hugs,

Tricia

Tricia, Burton&Ozzie's Mom

"Good night sweet prince:And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"
William Shakespere's Hamlet
Quote 0 0
Becky

I'm so sorry.  My loss of Bert is still very fresh, but I have 2 other cats to share my grief with.  When we had to put our 17-year old Tiger to sleep, I borrowed my future daughter-in-law's cat for a week until I got another cat of my own.  It helped ease the pain of an empty feeling & my bed partner.  My prayers are with you.

Quote 0 0