winstonsmom12
Winston  Everyday, since your passing, the weather has been cold, cloudy and mostly raining.  Which is fine with me. It suits my mood.  I don't want the sun to come out, or be warm. I took extra care of you when it was Summer and it was very hot.  I never walked you in the day, I kept the A/C on all day for you.  I would only let you in the yard for 5 minutes at a time so you could relieve yourself. I always made sure you had plenty of cold water in your bowl, and when you came in I'd give u a ton of ice cubes to munch. You liked that. Bulldogs cannot tolerate the heat and i was very much aware of that. Winston, Mommy did her best with you and I hope you knew that. 

I miss you Baby. Forgive me for being so blind to your suffering in the end. You are at peace now My Baby.  I LOVE YOU
Susan
Quote 0 0
Georgiapeaches
Beautiful bulldog. Thank you for understanding and taking such great care of him. I love Bulldogs and Boxers. The silly pudgy cheek dogs, ❤️ It takes a really empathetic person to raise a bulldog
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi Susan,
I know exactly what you mean about the weather. After Bailey died in November it turned cold here and I was happy. Exactly as you said, it suited my mood.
You were such a wonderful mom to Winston! He must have loved you so much in return.
I hope Peanut is doing well. :)
Hugs,
MJ
Quote 0 0
CK1991
I do understand what you and Bailey15 said about the weather. I thought it was just me feeling this way but it helps to know others can relate.
Hugs to you,
Ck
Quote 0 0
Eddiesmom
So agree, when the sun did come out after Eddie died I was so upset because he loved laying in the sun so much.  So did Henry.  The rotten weather does suit our mood better, luckily I live in Ohio and we mostly have crappy weather;)

You all are wonderful pet parents.  
Sue E
Quote 0 0
Robin2003
Hi Sue,
I just wanted to say hi and thank you for writing to me on another thread. The puppy photo of Winston is adorable. How did he come into your life?
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Robin   I was in a bad car accident on 8/29/03 traveling from MA to GA with my boyfriend and daughter.  We were in Virginia, when my daughter lost control of the car.  I went through the windshield. I spent a momth in a VA hospital.  When I went back to georgia to recover, after a while my boyfriend thought it would be a good idea if we got a  "guard dog" to be with me, because I was home alone all day recovering while he worked. 

He decided on a Bulldog.  We found a private breeder in GA not far from where we lived.  The mother Daisy, had a litter of 2.  We picked Winston, the all white one.  He was a very hyper, active puppy.  About 7 months after we got him, my boyfriend passed away suddenly.  I stayed in Georgia for 5 more months.  In the meantime we went back to MA to get my Mini Schnauzer Max. 

I decided to leave GA to go back gome.  It was me, Max and Winston in my Van, with a U-Haul attached to the back.  We drove 23 hours straight back to MA.  Max passed away tragically about 1 month later from old age.  My daughter Thank God was alright!!.  I had my Winston until 2016.  Sue-
Susan
Quote 0 0
Robin2003
Sue, what an incredible story! Winston was part of all that. You were a very brave lady to do all of that traveling, especially after the traumatic accident. Winston and Max were your Guardian Angels! BTW, I grew up in MA and lived there until I was in my late 20's.
Quote 0 0