Faceinyou
Bad morning . The death of my dog from getting killed at age 4 by a car has brought up a lot of emotions. While it’s true it would be easy to just be focusing on the dogs death ....I know come to realize the layers of why I had a dog in the first place. Loving , companionship and a relief from the outside sometimes very crummy world. A safer place in my home and a sanctuary for him and I.
The history of dogs and people go way back. At one point they crossed over with our permission the fire of the cave...we domesticated them and they allowed us. Where we used to be scared of threats and some loneliness we were now less lonely ...less scared. Not completely but less. Enough that some of us made that more of a need than today’s feeling
“Oh I’d like a dog /cat because they are cute cuddly and I love the and they love me...l there’s so much more....when it comes down to it all these reasons for me matter.... including the I feel better about my loving dog who doesn’t judge me....the hey things are bad in the world or I’m not feeling well but I’ve got my best friend ...
There simply is no substitute...no other substitute will do. I miss my dog horribly and I see others here are going through agony ... there’s some support in person but there’s an animal lover /person and then people who’s lives just don’t qualify. They either dint deserve an animal and vice versa....
No wonder I feel horrible ...like more than just my precious baby died ...it’s worse than my parents brother or sisters deaths. They wouldn’t be mad at me saying that because they all loved me . They’d want me to feel love and secure the best I can while I’m still here.
I’m sorry to ramble I’ve had a very difficult morning ...I dream about my little dog. It was an accident that killed him. No blame. I can’t bring him back ...I want to know I’ll see him again. Better believe I’ll try my hardest to find him and he me if possible.

In the healing time I think of the possibility of a new dog. I am getting older. I have limitations to take care of a pet. I don’t know. I think animals /dogs bring your blood pressure down ...I think they help your health. I think dogs do a lot and ask for hardly anything in return . Such loving behavior ...they should be treasured ...I feel a fool for not making my dog more priory than I did. I read this feeling is natural...I miss my dog today. I miss both of them. 2015 and 2020. This sucks. It just does. Thanks for listening ...sorry I hope I didn’t offend anyone...

Toby’s Dad
Quote 0 0
CK1991
I’m so sorry you had a hard morning. This will unfortunately happen as you go through the grief process. Sometimes you’ll feel like you’re doing better and then the grief and loss will come back up and hit you hard.
I love the pictures you posted of your older dog and then your puppy. They’re both beautiful! It’s hard to make sense of a little guy being taken so suddenly and that may be adding to your grief. Losing them both within 5 years is also very hard and you’re right, it sucks! I so agree that there can be no substitute for the love and loyalty and unconditional friendship a dog gives us. I feel sorry for people who haven’t experienced that bond. When you talk about getting another dog I’d suggest giving yourself some time.Six months is what I’ve been told though I think it’s different for us all. When the time is right you may wish to consider an older rescue dog. There are so many unwanted dogs out there! I’ve been helping out at a shelter in spare time and I see so many dogs come in who’ve done nothing wrong. Owners are moving or having a baby and don’t have time for the dog. I feel particularly awful for the ones whose owners have had to go into nursing homes because they were so loved. These dogs are so bewildered and often very afraid but once fostered or adopted you could never find a more grateful or loving pet. These are some things to think about but again I would wait for a bot and be sure you’re ready.
I’m sorry, I know it’s so hard! Hugs to you!
CK
Quote 0 0
Faceinyou
CK1991 wrote:
I’m so sorry you had a hard morning. This will unfortunately happen as you go through the grief process. Sometimes you’ll feel like you’re doing better and then the grief and loss will come back up and hit you hard.
I love the pictures you posted of your older dog and then your puppy. They’re both beautiful! It’s hard to make sense of a little guy being taken so suddenly and that may be adding to your grief. Losing them both within 5 years is also very hard and you’re right, it sucks! I so agree that there can be no substitute for the love and loyalty and unconditional friendship a dog gives us. I feel sorry for people who haven’t experienced that bond. When you talk about getting another dog I’d suggest giving yourself some time.Six months is what I’ve been told though I think it’s different for us all. When the time is right you may wish to consider an older rescue dog. There are so many unwanted dogs out there! I’ve been helping out at a shelter in spare time and I see so many dogs come in who’ve done nothing wrong. Owners are moving or having a baby and don’t have time for the dog. I feel particularly awful for the ones whose owners have had to go into nursing homes because they were so loved. These dogs are so bewildered and often very afraid but once fostered or adopted you could never find a more grateful or loving pet. These are some things to think about but again I would wait for a bot and be sure you’re ready.
I’m sorry, I know it’s so hard! Hugs to you!
CK

Thank you CK....I actually waited about 9 months after jasper passed in 2015 to adopt another dog. I’ve only gotten a dog from a rescue organization and never anywhere else. I think I’m extra hurt because Toby was only 4 and so filled with life. beautiful little dog . He had some peeing in the house issues which were getting to be hard to deal with even though he had a large yard. Some anxiety issues for sure .....
But nothing in this universe prepared me for Tobys horrific and tragic death. We were so bonded at his young age of 4.
I was making major changes with him...and myself the night he passed away. Beyond ironic that we were going to the dog park. I had been talking with a neighbor who had a dog also and suggested it really could help .hisbdog was older and Toby younger . He suggested Toby go to the little dog part of the park and his dog to the larger dog part. We hadn’t met up yet so I know it wasn’t a dog scaring him.
I totally agreed might help and that was either too late on my part /fate or other ...I have tremendous guilt ...I’m trying to work on that ...
I have regrets and blame myself for not acting sooner in his benefit . I am reading alot and I have felt some to little relief knowing that it was an accident . Why I don’t know ...life hasn’t answered many questions but Toby is part of me forever.
Toby’s Dad
Quote 0 0