Hutchysmom
I went to the vet tonight to pick up Hutchy’s ashes and paw print. It was so hard to go back there. It’s been a week tomorrow. As I parked I sat and thought of him when I brought him in.... slowly sniffing the grass. I fell apart all over again. I think at least he’s home with us where he belongs.

I keep looking in the family room, imaging him laying there with Shadow. The room seems so empty without him. I miss him terribly.
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Amy,

I am sorry for what you are feeling and coping with. All of this is so, so hard to endure and overcome. But all of us are going to make it. 

As I wrote on another recent post, just remember that stars in the Universe, are partially made up of carbon, as we are. We are made of stardust. 4.5 billion year old stars. And ashes also contain carbon. So your Hutchy was made of stardust, and so are his ashes. Stardust. They are sacred and they are Holy. I am glad he is back home with you now.

Hugs,
James
Quote 0 0
CK1991
Hi Amy, It’s still such a very short time. Allow yourself to feel the loss. It’s so hard, I know. I read your last post and I think you did everything a loving pet parent would do for Hutchy. He was a handsome boy and it’s nice to see the pictures of him with Shadow. This forum is a safe place to let out all of your sad feelings. We’re all here because we loved our pets so very much. I’m so sorry for your loss. Hugs to you!
CK
Quote 0 0
pannklaus

I understand the feelings that go with that trip back to the vet to get the ashes and paw print.  I didn't want to go back to the vets office again so my husband picked up my Lenny baby's ashes. I was glad that the final trip to the vet was over because I was dreading it.  

I am sorry that you are going through that early miserable deep grief over the loss of your beloved Hutchy. I know how much you must miss him. Having his ashes with you is "him" but it is not the same as having your beloved baby when he was alive and active. Ashes can't fill an empty house or make that empty place in your heart go away.  All I can say is that you are with people who understand your feelings and that I am very sorry for your loss.

Patsy
Quote 0 0