brknhrtd
5 1/2 years ago, I lost my German Shepherd Cheli.  She was 10 years old at the time.  2 1/2 years ago, I accepted a 9 year old German Shepherd, Tracy, into my home as her retirement home.  Suddenly and unexpectantly, she got sick.  She died Oct 1.  She became my shadow.  Everywhere I went, she was there.  So much I bumped into her many times.  I miss my shadow.  I miss my Tracy.
Quote 0 0
JRsMom
I am so sorry for your loss. How wonderful that you opened your heart and home for Tracy. You have a lot of compassion to provide for an older pet who needs a good home filled with love. Tracy was so blessed to share her life with you.

Three weeks ago I lost my sweet, beautiful Arabian horse JR. He was the last of my "geriatric set." Over the last seven years, my old horses have passed, at ages 26, 34, 34, and 26. I knew they would not live forever but that didn't make it any easier to say goodbye. Sometimes when I wake up or when I come home from work, I forget that JR isn't here. I miss him more than words can say. My heart aches.

We are all here to help each other get through our grief and to share that deeper level of understanding that our pets are truly members of our family. I hope you will find comfort and peace with time. I hope you will always feel Cheli and Tracy's love for you.

Thinking of you and your shadow Tracy.

JR's Mom

Brooke
Quote 0 0
Shadowhoffen
God Bless you for giving Tracy a loving, warm and comfortable home for her senior yrs.  I know how much losing your beloved furry hurts.  You r amazing for opening your heart and home to another.   I think it shows honor to our lost loves when we are able to love again. 

We have lost 4 GSD's .... 3 in 2011 .... mom Tala 12, dad Baron almost 14 and son Rex, 9 .......... after each loss God brought another into our lives.  funny how it all worked...we currently have 3...Bruno 7, and two rescue girls Sheba 5 and Crystal 2 ... both girls were literally minutes from the needle .....

I know how it feels to lose your shadow and my heart hurts for you ... God bless you on your journey to healing and moving ahead.  Just never forget they will be with us forever and we will see them again one day and what a joyous reunion it will be.

Hugs and prayers

Norma and the Shadowhoffen Shepherds ~~ Rebel and Rex together forever
Remembering Rebel.. 8-21-01 ~~ 01-15-06
Remembering Rex ... 8-21-01 ~~ 01-22-11
Remembering Tala ... 9/17/2000 ~~ 8/30/11
Remembering Baron ... 3/12/98 ~~ 11/23/11
http://www.premiereshepherds.org/blog ... for Rebels memorial blog and soon to be Rex's as well

http://www.premiereshepherds.org
Quote 0 0