JakesMom
I lost my believed baby Jake early yesterday morning. He was a 16+ year old orange tabby with a zest for love. Jake was the child my husband and I could never have. I am devastated by his unexpected loss. A chunk of my heart seems to have died with him. He left us too soon as a lifetime would never have been enough.

Jake first night with us was spent sleeping on my chest, listening to my heart beat. He grew into a loving member of our family. He would cuddle with me every night. The cuddle ended up with me holding him like you would a small child. We both loved it. It put us closer to exchange "kisses" at night.

Jake's life brought much light into our family. He was there the first night I miscarried. He knew mom was hurting. He stayed with me offering unconditional love and support through the years and miscarriages that followed.

The pain is that of losing a child, which I we did. It is the one of the few times I saw my husband cry. He is being cremated and the urn is on its way. His little sister Josie will join him in time.

We are all trying to get through the next minute of each day. It has been 31 hours since his death. The days and nights will be long. I have my husband and Jake's little sister Josie to help ease the pain of loss. I will never forget you Jake. Mommy will always hold you close to her heart.

Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Words cannot express the depth of my sorrow for you now.  I am currently nursing our 16 & 1/2 year-old (today!) Bengal Cat, T.J., who was recently diagnosed with Chronic Renal Failure.  It's so hard to say goodbye to our best friends. They are such a huge part of our lives and they teach us so much about love and compassion.

Jake is your special angel now, and he will never be more than a whisper away from you.  He will watch over you and your husband forever.

I hope to be able to come back soon to offer you more comfort when I'm able to.  Until then, remember that I'm keeping you, your husband, and your sweet Angel Jake in my thoughts and prayers.

My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Quote 0 0
caseysmom
My sweet golden retriever Casey recently died and I am devastated.  He was 14 years old.  One evening he had a seizure and then another so I took him to the emergency vet clinic.  He stayed overnight and the next day the Dr. called telling me they found tumors throughout his body and there was nothing they could do for him.  I was with my beloved companion when they administered the lethal shot.  It was a heart wrenching, tramatic experience. I have been through many death experiences in my lifetime, both human and animal but his death has left me feeling so lost, empty, like a part of me died too.  I can't seem to stop crying. I raised him from puppyhood and now he is gone from my life and this world.  I still can't believe this really happened.  I wasn't ready yet for him to leave me.  His ashes are in a decorative tin on my dresser and I can't comprehend that is all I have left of my sweet, 100lb. dog. 
CaseysMom
Quote 0 0
JakesMom
Thank you for the kinds words. Kind words form a stranger are more soothing than a quick "sorry" from people I know.

I cried less today then yesterday. In making it to 2 days and 14.5 hours, the pain is no less than when he first left us. I pretend to hold him in my arms and exchange "kisses" when the pain is too great.

I know my baby is in a better place, but I will miss him no less as each day passes. I hope in talking about the joy he brought to our lives it will ease the pain.

I am sorry to hear of your T.J.'s diagnosis. T.J. and his family are in our thoughts and hope for a miracle.
Quote 0 0
JakesMom
Cassy's Mom - I share your recent grief and loss. It hurts to think about not being able to hold and touch your loved one again.

You were brave to spend those last precious moments with Casey. You saved him from lingering in pain. It is hard to imagine that life will get better, but it will in small increments.

I too got a beautiful urn. It will hold Jake when he comes home, and his baby sister when she joins him. It will not be the same as holding their warm furry bodies in my arms, but until I pass it will have to do.

I grieve for your loss even as I continue to grieve for the loss of my baby Jake. Hold on and take each minute of each day with a slow and calming breath. Know that Casey shared your love and will be waiting for you.

Quote 0 0
hopeful

Jakesmom,  I too have been through the pain of miscarriages and now losing my furbaby.  I think they become extra special to those of us who don't have human children, and that makes it that much harder.  Just wanted you to know that you are not alone.  May we find peace at the end of our pain.

Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Jake's Mom ~

You just keep holding Jake in your arms and giving him kisses. He is there with you, and he feels your love.  I did that with Buddy Guy, our Bengal Cat who led me to this site when he left for the Bridge in 2004.  He was T.J.'s nephew.  I would talk to him, pat him the way I always did when he jumped on my lap (we called them "but 'mackin's - lol), and go through all the little forms of affection that only buddy and I shared.  There were times when I could actually feel his presence so strongly, I knew he was here with me, letting me know that only his body was gone, and that he would live forever.  It will be the same for you and Jake.

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and prayers for T.J.  For you to reach out to me when your own sorrow is so fresh really touches my heart.  Teege is so special to me, and I will do everything within my power to keep him comfortable and happy for as long as possible.  I know that a time will come when I will have to lean on my friends here for my own comfort.  I hope that time is still a long way off in the distance, but it's nice to know that whenever it arrives, I know where I can find the strength I will need to carry on.  I'm so glad you have found your way to this wonderful site.

My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Quote 0 0
jen_075
Dear Jake's mom,

Oh, I know how you feel and I am so sorry for your sudden loss!

I too had a Jakey, also an Orange tabby- they are so special!

Please know that you are in my thoughts, I know just how painful this is.

Sending you hugs...

Jen

Quote 0 0