Shortnsassy87
Beowulf came home yesterday. We had him cremated and it’s a big comfort having them near me to cling to. I really want to have a charm created from or to hold his ashes engraved with “I’ll meet you at Rainbow Bridge”. It’s been only 3 days since I put him to sleep, but it feels like a lifetime without him. I don’t think words could ever express just how much anguish is inside of me due to his loss. My baby is gone, and he took part of my soul with him. How do I cope with the loss of my baby? Its not fair that I only had 6 years with him. I hurt so bad that it makes me physically ill, but it still doesn’t feel real. I wish this was only a nightmare. I hate that some people can’t understand and believe he was only a dog. I loved him like my child, and it’s a completely devastating experience to lose him.
Quote 0 0
kjdotson
I’m so sorry for your loss. I had to have my 11 yo Yorkie put to sleep yesterday. I am so heartbroken and lost without him...I can hardly stand it. He was my child, my first child and I loved him with my whole heart. I am having him creamated and ordered a personalized keychain to put some of his ashes in. I just joined this website to try to find help getting through this awful time.
Yogi (my angel at the rainbow bridge), Opie, Abby, & Brady’s Mommy ~ Kim
Quote 0 0
Shortnsassy87
Me too. I don’t feel like I can express the full depth of my dispair in real life. I tried to google an actual pet loss support group that meets up locally, but I didn’t see any (didn’t look all that hard though). Most of my friends love their animals just as much as I do Beowulf, but they aren’t currently suffering from a loss so I feel I don’t have anyone to turn to since they aren’t grieving and can’t share my pain. I don’t even think my husband can understand the grief I feel. I have a 6 month old son, and honestly, the love I have for my dog is the same love I have for my human child. I had planned to never have kids so my fur babies have all been treated as my children. Beowulf might have been dog but he was my baby also. How do I move on? There are some times during the day that I just want to scream because I feel torn apart inside. It was sudden, and I feel cheated because we should have had more years together. I don’t feel like I have closure because I never had the chance to prepare myself. I want to wail about how unfair it is. I wish I’d taken one more day to say goodbye to my baby and show him how much I love him.
Quote 1 0
peachesdad
I am sorry for your loss. You are at the right place as we've all lost a loved one. I lost the love of my life Peaches, a beautiful little chihuahua, January 16. She passed away in my arms. 
I have her ashes in a nice wooden urn with her picture on it and some of her toys in there with her. I talk to her when I get up in the mornings and before going to bed. 

It will get better as time goes on but we'll carry them with us forever.

I found this pendent and am going to going to get it soon.

https://www.inthelighturns.com//color-photo-pendant-heart-urn.html?dfw_tracker=31637-5095

Another good place to look is etsy.com. That's where I got her urn. Good people to deal with.

I also had a sculpture made of Peaches. Debra did a fantastic job.Here's her link  http://www.custom-pet-sculpture.com/small-dogs.html

Hang in there. Come back often, post and read how others are doing. We're all in this togeather.

tim
Quote 0 0
Shortnsassy87
Etsy does have some really wonderful stuff. I’ve been browsing cremation jewelry on there, but haven’t come across anything that just jumps out at me or makes me think “that’s perfect!” I’m leaning towards getting a charm bracelet because I have 2 other animals, and I’m sure I’ll have even more throughout my life. I can add each of them to my bracelet as they pass so every single one of them will be with me everywhere I go.
Quote 0 0
Shortnsassy87
The glass creations with their ashes are just amazing, and something I’m considering also, but the last picture of the bead is more of what I’m envisioning. I want something that will represent the rainbow and can add a silver charm with it that says “I’ll met you at the rainbow bridge”
Quote 0 0
Shortnsassy87
http://www.lifegems.com will turn their ashes into diamonds, but they are so incredibly expensive.
Quote 0 0
peachesdad
Yes, you'll find that perfect charm one day. When I was told last April Peaches had days to weeks to live ( she proved them wrong ) I started looking for that perfect
urn for her and am very pleased in the one I chose. 
tim
Quote 0 0
kjdotson
We don’t have any kids (well my husband has 3 grown) I don’t have any so he was my child for sure. I know what you mean...I know my husband is sad but I don’t think he fully understands what I’m feeling and going through right now either. it is so incredible hard. I feel ok as soon as I wake up but as soon as I go downstairs and hes not there to do our normal routine the tears start. moving on right now is so hard and I don’t know where to start or how to move on either. Prayers for you and you will find that perfect piece of jewelry. xoxo
Yogi (my angel at the rainbow bridge), Opie, Abby, & Brady’s Mommy ~ Kim
Quote 0 0