Alicia_krypto
As I sit here, all I can do is think about krypto. I miss him so much! It’s been 2 weeks today since I gave him back to the universe. I really can’t believe he is gone. My house feels so empty. My other dog seems to be getting along just fine and it makes me a little mad at her. I know she probably doesn’t understand completely but still. I have Krypto’s ashes in a box and I wrap his blanket around it and I sleep with him. I know it sounds weird but I don’t care, that what I’m doing. Krypto’s favorite spot was on my bed and it was my favorite place to have him all cuddled up and comfy.
I am constantly replaying that day over and over again in my head. I can’t believe that we actually took him to the vet to end his life. I couldn’t even make the appointment myself! I didn’t have the heart to. I ask my mom to do it for me because just thinking about it was making me cry.

I miss you so much sunshine. Mama is always thinking about you baby.
Quote 0 0
Sooz
You did the only thing you could do, as a Guardian and Momma of your sweet Krypto, to ease him into "that which follows" where he is free of pain and restored (and that's what I believe!  I'm gonna be soon p*ssed off if I'm wrong!)

We take on the pain of loss, and the guilt of being the one to say "it's time" so our babies won't have to live with unrelenting pain, joints that rub together bone on bone, pain that is not relieved by medication or acupuncture or Chinese herbs, or special food, or massage therapy, etc.  

"I wrap his blanket around it and I sleep with him. I know it sounds weird but I don’t care, that what I’m doing. Krypto’s favorite spot was on my bed and it was my favorite place to have him all cuddled up and comfy."  
^^^^^ OMG, it's as if I wrote 
this myself! I have his soft terrycloth towel ready, along with his favorite squeaky toy (An aside: it was heartbreaking when he stopped playing with it because he could no longer hear it squeak. He could only hear loud and low noises from then on). I fully intend to have him sleep in my bed, as usual, every night of his life. 

I called the vet's office today and asked when Luigi's *remains* would be ready for me to pick up--I couldn't even get more than three words out before I started crying on the phone. She checked and said she thinks he'll be there tomorrow but she'd call to let me know when he's there--it might not be tomorrow.  The depth of my pain is reflective of the depth of my love, and often, I can barely hold it together in public without doing the ugly cry.  I feel for you, my heart breaks for you, and for us all.
Heaven is the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you.
Quote 0 0
Alicia_krypto
Sooz, please keep me updated when you finally get Luigi back home. My heart also breaks for you. Last night I couldn’t sleep because I was crying too hard. I ended up crying myself to sleep. I still can’t believe he is gone. I just remember how we used to lay down together and cuddle and how he used to wag his tail for me. He really was my soulmate just like Luigi is yours. I feel a lot better now that I have krypto home with me. I just wish it were him. You know, in the original form. Him breathing. Him licking me. Wanting treats, and so on.
Quote 0 0
Ginger4256
I want to be with my Boo as well.  I can't cope with this grief at work.  It's driving me insane.  I miss him so much.  Even if we just stayed home all day, he was happy as long as he could see me.  Such a good boy.  
Boo' s mommy
Quote 0 0
ChronicallyAce
I'm so sorry about Krypto. I don't think it's weird for you to sleep like that if it comforts you. The pain of not having him is still too fresh.

I also struggle with guilt over choosing to end my Dante's life. My head is full of "what if it was wrong" and "what if he could have gotten better" but I know he wasn't going to get better. I know I did the right thing. None of us would make that choice lightly for our babies, and it's all we can do to save them from more pain when they can no longer enjoy the things they used to.

I wish none of us ever had to feel this, but I look forward to the day when the hurt has dulled enough that I can enjoy the wonderful memories I have of my little guy.
Dante
3/19/2013 - 5/4/2018
You are gone, my special boy, but I will love you forever. R.I.P.
Quote 0 0
Puppyluv
I am so sorry for your loss. Our situations are very similar, my boy passed 4/21/18. I felt that it was the right think to do then after... after i hated myself. Then my cousin recommended the loss of a pet by Wallace Sife (amazon). I highly recommend it, it absolutely helped me to see beyond my grief, understand our bond and cope. The best advice I was given and I will share with you is grieve.... grieve as much and as long as you need to. Just be sure your grief has a job to do. I used my grief to search for hours and days for a beautiful urn, and urn necklace, to make and donate blankets to a shelter, to write stories and share pictures of Brady, feeding the birds... etc. I hope that one or any of these things will bring you a little comfort during your difficult time. Sending Thoughts, prayers and hugs ❤

(Here's my baby with his hockey puck , he would have been 5 next month)
Quote 0 0
Sooz
Alicia, I did get my little boy back today. I made a new thread about it, called "My little boy Luigi is home: He is perfectly healthy" and that thread can be found here:
https://forums.rainbowsbridge.com/post/my-little-boy-luigi-is-home-he-is-perfectly-healthy-now-9734703?pid=1304156769

"I feel a lot better now that I have krypto home with me. I just wish it were him. You know, in the original form. Him breathing. Him licking me. Wanting treats, and so on."
^^^^^^ Alicia, I totally understand...

Heaven is the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you.
Quote 0 0