BeagleMama
This Saturday, April 9, will be the exact 1 month anniversary of when I helped my Angel Shiloh cross the Rainbow Bridge.  I'm sure that if his health had been better, that would not have happened but when he looked at me the night before, in pain and his diseased body attacking his spirit, I felt I had no choice but to promise him that he would not have to endure another 24 hours like that. 

(You know how you want to add a picture and the stupid allowance here won't let you - never had a problem before but I am now and it just kind of ruins the rest of whatever it was I might have typed.  That's ok tho - after typing that first paragraph, not in any real shape or state of mind to continue.  So I'm gone for now - not sure when I will be bak.)

Kim
my blog -  http://beagle-home.blogspot.com/ 
               (Team Beaglebratz with Lady Shasta)

Quote 0 0
JCC25
I'm truly sorry for your loss. I kissed my sweet little pal goodbye 34 hours ago. Getting through today was tough. I can only imagine what lies ahead in the days, weeks and months to come. I share in your sorrow and wish peace for you. Ease your mind in knowing that you will be reunited some day.
Quote 0 0
camunki
my heart goes out to you, and its still fresh and new only being one month....Your Shiloh is now your guardian angel above, still with you, still loving you........just waiting for the day to be reunited. 

I am going on over 4 months, and still cry daily, I journal daily and that helps alot. I guess the "missing" our babies is the hardest, missing their unconditional love.

Cam

Cam

Quote 0 0
Eddiesmom
I'm so sorry.  My beloved Eddie died 1 month ago today after surgery.  It was a shock.  I cannot sleep, eat...such a hole in our hearts.  I want you to know though that if he gave you "that look", you did the most loving unselfish thing.  I have lost many dogs and grieved but my Louie gave me that look 6 years ago and I too made the appointment.  After awhile I seemed to have come to peace faster than I had with other beloved dogs who died unexpectedly and I think the reason is because I knew I did the right thing for him.  Not for me but for him and that is exactly what you did for Shiloh.  It was a loving gift, I hope you will feel that way soon.  Hugs.
Sue E
Quote 0 0
BeagleMama
Eddiesmom - thank you so much for your kind words.  I am so sorry you lost your Eddie in such a sudden manner - I am sure I would be more of a mess than I am now if it were me.  I remembered today that I had made a promise to Shiloh when his illness first began that I would do everything to heal him and make him feel better - I didn't realize at that time just how that healing would end up happening.  I've been down this road before with a dog and since I  insist on having more dogs, there is a good chance I will be there again.  And I know I did the right thing - I know Shiloh is happy now and is once  again healthy and feeling good - that is what matters.  I gave him the chance to be whole again.  I hope someday you can feel the peace within you that I am beginning to feel.

camunki - thank you for your kind words and reminding me that Shiloh is now my guardian angel.  That is comforting and I can feel his presence surround me.  Before I lost Shiloh, there was Oreo - he went to the Rainbow Bridge in 2007.  Oreo was my little YorkiPoo that I had for over 16 years when I helped him cross the Rainbow Bridge.  Angel Shiloh grew up with his "big" little brother Angel Oreo by his side - they became best buds and now they are together again.   Angel Shiloh as a pup with Angel OreoAngelOreo_ShilohPup_ChekHose.jpg 

Kim

Quote 0 0
BeagleMama
JCC25 - Thank you for your kindness.  I am so sorry you are going through such a loss, I think you show great courage to be talking about it already.  It was 3 weeks after Shiloh's passing before I ever registered here.  I pray we all find the same peace you wished me and yes, we all will be reunited with our furry family members one day - it is not goodbye rather see you later.
Kim

Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
Your pictures struck me hard since I lost my little Beagle last Thanksgiving.  It still hurts like it was just happening.  These funny little doggies are such a joy and their loss is so enormous that it is impossible to even find words.  My Molly was my heart and soul and with me every hour of every day. 

I know you are hurting horribly and wish I could tell you it will go away quickly, but we are all here to help you no matter what you need at the moment.

It was 6 weeks before I could even stop crying enough to make a post here about my Molly.  Take care and know that we all understand how hard this is.
Birthday photo.JPG 
janice
Quote 0 0
jonancy
I am so sorry for your loss and sorry I missed writing on the month anniversary. I know how hard these markers can be. You know you did everything you could for Shiloh. He is happy at the bridge, running with all the other furbabies. I have to believe this in order to get through the grief. How did Shiloh get his name? (It's a beautiful name). Hope you have many happy memories of Shiloh.

Take care,
Jonancy... Scooter's Mama
Quote 0 0