Beejay

How does anyone handle the pain in their heart and the anxiety that won’t go away., I told myself today that I had to accept the fact that my baby is gone and I am not gonna see him again, I have to be strong and move forward, but I can’t get this awful feeling in my gut and I have anxiety all the time., I don’t know what to do!! 

Sylvia Sanchez
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
Beejay:

Your anxiety will lessen over time. In the meantime, please come to this Forum often and post your thoughts and feelings. We all understand and care.

Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
Olgita256
I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost my boy 2 years ago. I had anxiety. I think it was from knowing that there was absolutely nothing I could do about the loss. I couldn’t bargain or beg or anything to brin him back or change the way he died... we are so used to making decisions.. changes... fixing things but with death it’s final and it makes us anxious knowing we are helpless.. hopeless...it took time and just surrendering... acceptance... but it all comes with time ...
Quote 0 0
LXB77
Me too. I feel like I’m on the verge of a panic attack at all times. I keep fighting them back. Just lost my boy a few hours ago. It’s hard to breathe. You’re not alone.
Quote 0 0
DogMom86
The first week after Mija and London died I pretty much had an emotional breakdown of crying and anxiety attacks. I had to take extra anxiety meds and luckily I had my husband to lean on as well as my other dogs. I realized that Mija and London would not want me to break down and not take care of myself. I tried to focus on little things at time and keep myself busy. It got easier once I went back to work (I am a teacher and was on Christmas break). What works for me might not work for you, bu here are some suggestions. I am a Christian so I get a lot of my strength and hope from prayer. I found reading quotes on God's love for animals to be helpful as well as reading on how animals have souls. I have a good feeling that when my time on Earth ends I will be able to see my beloved babies again.

Talking is really helpful. Do you have any sort of support group offline? I talked to my Mom a lot and other friends. When I went back to work, I let my co-workers know what had happened so they understood I was in mourning. My husband has been a great support system. My other dogs have been wonderful at comforting me and helping me get out of my funk. The routines I have for them help keep me grounded and I recently started walking them again which has helped with my anxiety and being able to sleep. If you do not have an offline support system you can use social media sites like Facebook and join a group on pet loss. They tend to be very kind and understanding. You can always post here as well.

Mija, Chihuahua: 2004-2019
16 years
London, Golden Retriever: 2005-2020
15 years

Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, Kawaii and Pepita the Chihuahua

Quote 0 0