nina555
Hello..thank you for being here.    I lost my boy tragically 5 days ago.....I lived alone in a little country town with him....as my partner and I broke up a year ago.    We had started seeing each other again and were sharing lovely times...he loved Cody too.....and when this happened he had just spent two lovely days with me...and so was there with me at the vets and then when he passed.    He was so caring and offerred to let me stay as long as I needed to with him (he lives in another town)....I was so relieved as I couldnt face going back to my home.  He was lovely but then seemed to change....becoming a little indifferent and cold.   He has mental health issues...so i gave him space and tried to offload my gried in other places as I knew it would be too much for him.   He told me yesterday he would prefer it if I werent here.   I am shocked and a new level of pain....I trusted him and he has done this.  He has basically said he thinks it best if we never see each other again..even tho he said he would come with me and spread Codys' ashes.    I am so bad today ...I am still here in his house...as I feel I cannot go home even though people are telling me the town is sad for me and I need to go back...they want to help.   I dread going in and seeing the house set up as though Cody is still there....I dread it....and the cafe around the corner where he was mauled.    Sorry for long post.
Quote 0 0
Bellarosa
Be strong and remember with love
Jan
Quote 0 0
jmrlily
Hi nina555, I lost my Lily one month ago today. The day after, I didn't think I could handle being at home for a while, didn't want to be where she wasn't ever going to be again. I had no understanding or support at home from my husband. I think he thought I had lost my mind when I told him I was going away for a few days. So I left, and went out of town. I knew I would have to return in a few days, but I couldn't think that far ahead at the time. I was just trying to make it from one minute to the next, and running away seemed like the only way I could deal with the pain and loneliness. But then I had to return, one of the longest trips I've ever taken in my life, but necessary so I could work through my grief (I say that in hindsight).  I fell apart that night back at home, after I was alone. I think it maybe did help a little bit to remove myself from "reality" for a while, so that I face what was coming. I hope it has helped you as well, when you have to return. It sounds like you have some good support from some kind people, I'm sure that will be a help to you too.

You are not alone, I'll be thinking of you today, and praying for strength for you to face this what seems like unbearable pain. Hugs to you.

Jane
Quote 0 0
kayeen
I understand what you feel, and for she's happy to have you in her life. 
Quote 0 0
nina555
Thank you for your kind words jmrlily....hugs to you too
Quote 0 0
JoyAlane
I'm so sorry for your grief. Grief is even harder when there isn't emotional support. I lost my little sunshine, Rowdy, on Aug. 6,2016. He was my love. He would have been 18 years old in November. We were together constantly. He slept by my head on a pillow. Rowdy "got me". He understood. I went into a depression and I found 2 books that helped me greatly. "Biblical Proof Animals Go To Heaven" by Steven Woodward and Pet Loss Is Heaven's Gain" by Niki Shanahan. Perhaps you would want to read them and would find comfort too. I'm also sorry for your grief of your relationship. I pray you find peace and healing. God Bless you.
Quote 0 0