peke_bb Show full post »
Einstein
I'm so sorry for the loss and for you to go through the pain... We know the feeling since we had 16 dogs over the years. (and 3 cats)

Over the years I helped to prepare my mom with the passing of her dogs by adopting adult dogs (all our dogs were pure or mixed chihuahuas) and although she grieved each time...she still have 3 dogs that love her to death and vice versa. We are going to adopt another dog soon since the oldest chihuahua will soon be 13 years old. 

About 3.5 weeks ago my cat, Deysi, passed away after almost 14 years together (she was about one year old when I got her), I grieved for so many days. My  mom's dogs and cats have helped me cope with the loss... I know Deysi is looking down and is happy that I have the other pets to comfort me. 

I hope you find the strength and courage to give yourself permission to get another dog soon.  

“When we adopt a dog or any pet, we know it is going to end with us having to say goodbye, but we still do it. And we do it for a very good reason: They bring so much joy and optimism and happiness. They attack every moment of every day with that attitude.” – Bruce Cameron

Take care,
Einstein

Quote 1 0
Mimismom23
it was really hard for me yesterday as well. My father suffers from alcoholism and I received a late night phone call from him where he left a voice mail, very clearly drunk. This will be the first time in 10 years that my Mimi isn't here with me to just lay with me while I process my dads issues. I miss her desperately 
Jaymee Moore
Quote 1 0
Angelbaby
Mimismom23 wrote:
it was really hard for me yesterday as well. My father suffers from alcoholism and I received a late night phone call from him where he left a voice mail, very clearly drunk. This will be the first time in 10 years that my Mimi isn't here with me to just lay with me while I process my dads issues. I miss her desperately 

I am so sorry for what you are going through.  Both my parents have passed away both struggled with addictions so I know what you are going through. I think that is why pets are so important they give us that unconditional love and acceptance and are always there when we need them.  I had my sweet boy for 17 years and he was a big part of healing my heart.  I have other furbabies and am grateful for that.  He was the oldest.  Hang in there one day at a time. 
Quote 1 0
peke_bb
Mimismom23 wrote:

Hi, I'm so sorry about Mimi and sorry about what's going on with your family. I understand completely. I also have stressful family members. My life was all kinds of ups and downs. My dog was there throughout it all. Every time I was really stressed, being with my dog was complete therapy. It was like he took the stress and pains of life away. I still have people around, but nothing comes close to being with my dog. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here. Hugs and prayers for you.
Quote 0 0