Lisa_1967
Hi I am new. My beloved baby cat Frodo passed four years ago. I still miss him even though I have another cat whom I love as well. Is it normal to still grieve? Lisa
Lisa1967
Quote 0 0
Jimbo106
Hi Lisa;  Yes, that is normal. Jamie left May 3 2011, and I adopted two young kitten sisters in June of the same year. I love them to pieces, but I still miss Jamie. Each one is unique and the bond they form with us is as well.

Sorry about Frodo's passing.

Jim
Quote 0 0
For_Bubby
Lisa_1967 wrote:
Hi I am new. My beloved baby cat Frodo passed four years ago. I still miss him even though I have another cat whom I love as well. Is it normal to still grieve? Lisa

Each one is a special little life, a unique spirit and personality that can never be replaced, only remembered and cherished.

We can go on to love others, but each one digs their own place in our hearts to nestle in. And only time can ease the emptiness of that place when they leave us. But nothing ever fills it. We just let new ones stake their own claim.

I've had, and lost do to age and illness, many cats over my life, and each one has their own special place in my being. There is always a slight ache where each lived in my heart. But in time that ache just becomes one of gentle regret and warm, loving remembrance. And that ache reminds you more of love and less of pain.

That's what I'm trying to encourage in my heart with the loss of my dear, wonderful Bubby.
In loving memory of Bubble - 4/25/15

Daddy will never stop loving you my baby.

-Bryan
Quote 0 0