Forum

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Annesmimi

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi reaching out, I lost my sweet girl Anne on Monday and I’m having a really hard time adjusting.
I miss her so much the pain is almost unbearable.
BorderCollieLover

Reply with quote  #2 
Annesmimi:

So sorry to hear about your loss. I know this is very tough on you. This Forum can help. Sharing your feelings can be cathartic. Please post here often as we all want to hear from you. You have a lot of support here. Stay strong.

Jim

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you so much! Today is a really hard day for some reason. I see her in every room of my house.
ALS79

Reply with quote  #4 
Annesmimi,

So sorry for your loss, tell us more about her and post pics, believe me, it helps... we are all going through the same <3
Stealthcat

Reply with quote  #5 
Annesmimi, I am so sorry!  I know I kept seeing my baby that passed away all around the house, and everything is a reminder so it can be so difficult.  We can understand your grief here, you aren't alone. Please share more about Anne with us when you're ready. 
Annesmimi

Reply with quote  #6 
Anne was a beautiful little black lab that my sister found in 2006 walking along the road. She took her in and gave her a good home until I got a home of my own and took her with me. Anne was sweet, scared to death of storms but loved all people. She was the favorite of anyone that came by to visit. She loved going for walks and would stop and sniff everything she could. There is a path we used to walk on that she just loved and I wish that I could have taken here there more often. She was a finicky eater so I usually had to put a little something on her food to get her to eat. She loved fresh strawberries, which I discovered later in her life, and carrots. She enjoyed her car rides too. As she got older our walks were less frequent, which I regret tremendously, but when we would we would walk to the sign at the end of our street. Since she passed I’ve been watching for signs of her, particularly red birds. This morning has been particularly difficult for me so when I was walking, I wear her collar on my wrist, I told myself to walk to the sign for Anne and I did. When I got there and turned as we always did the first thing I saw was a huge red bird house hanging in a tree in a neighbors back yard. Initially it brought me comfort but I haven’t been able to stop crying since.
Annesmimi

Reply with quote  #7 
Thank you and I’m so sorry for your loss!!!
Annesmimi

Reply with quote  #8 
My girl Anne

Attached Images
jpeg 68A8E4CF-18CF-4D84-8C22-EF39351F695A.jpeg (291.93 KB, 6 views)
jpeg 569612F8-AA59-4433-A86A-E338293FD0CE.jpeg (294.13 KB, 6 views)

Annesmimi

Reply with quote  #9 
Top pic is her with her baby sister, Greer. The 2nd is her visiting me at my desk when I worked.
Stealthcat

Reply with quote  #10 
Aw Annesmimi, what a beautiful girl!  She sounds like she was a sweetheart, and I can certainly understand how much you must be missing her. It sounds like you gave her a wonderful life and that she brought a lot of joy to yours as well. I know I keep telling myself that it wouldn't hurt so much if we didn't know we had something truly special. Adjusting to a life without them after so much time they've had to capture our hearts and integrate into our home will take some time. My hope is that we can all turn our triggers into beautiful reminders and smile thinking about our sweet furry companions. 
Annesmimi

Reply with quote  #11 
Beautifully said, thank you all so much as this is helping a lot. A friend referred me to this site as it was helpful to her during her loss. I knew losing Anne would be big but didn’t realize the magnitude.
ALS79

Reply with quote  #12 
Annesmimi
What a beautiful and sweet girl! Thank you for sharing. I lost mine yesterday and being on this forum for a couple of hours, sharing and reading other people's stories and interacting, has helped me a lot... Thank you again, I dont think I'm still ready to walk to the spots we used to walk with Kharma, but when I am, I'm gonna wear her collar in my wrist to feel her near me. Thank you <3
Annesmimi

Reply with quote  #13 
Loved your story of your sweet baby!! I’m glad you’ve found this forum helpful as have I. It will all take time you will know when you are ready. Having her collar on my wrist has helped me a lot during my walks. I talk to her and my other dogs, who have also helped me through this time.
Annesmimi

Reply with quote  #14 
ALS79- wanted to check in to see how you are doing today?
ALS79

Reply with quote  #15 
Annesmimi,
Thank you for reaching out... I'm doing ok, still crying out of the blue but trying to keep it together. Still lost and trying to understand or adapt. Went back to work, I had to, thank God or I would spend the entire day pacing through this house and also worked out like a maniac. I was planning on updating my story, maybe someone might find it useful. How are you?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.