mistybmanes
I lost my 13 year old Yorkie Annabelle yesterday. She was my baby and my life. I am at a loss of what to do and how to make it though the day without her. She had heart failure and was on medication for a year or so and doing well. Then a couple of months ago she developed pulmonary edema and heart failure had gotten worse. She had to be put on another heart medicine and Ladin at this point and it seemed to help for a while. Then the day after Memorial Day she stopped eating and having diarrhea. By Friday she was not acting herself and started vomiting so I took her to the vet. She got meds and went home thinking it would get better. It only got worse, she got so weak she couldn’t stand and wasn’t able to potty. I message the vet on Sunday and she met me at the clinic to give her fluid to see if that would help. I took her back for two more days to get IV fluid hoping for the best but she was only getting weaker. I know they did everything they could to save her but she was tired and her kidneys had shut down. I read other’s stories before I posted mine and cried for y’alls babies too. I know she is in a better place and not suffering but it hurts so bad right now without her.
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
She’s so beautiful💙 I’m so sorry you lost her. It’s so hard to go through this alone I’m glad you’ve come. We grieve togather, we don’t have the answered but we can offer kindness and support in this horribly painful time. I know 13 doesn’t seem long enough and it’s not, we don’t want them ever to go and it’s the most painful thing to realize they aren’t just on the other side of that door waiting, like always. Unfortunately heart issues are a common thread here. My Yorkie, Boggie, died in March of 2014 of heart failure. I didn’t know about this forum back than, wish I had. I’m here because I lost another one Jan 3rd, this year, of kidney failure. Your grief will be incredibly strong, as is your love for her, the tears will seem never ending, let them fall. You did everything you could for her, but it never feels like enough. Try to wrap yourself up in every cherished memory and let them hold you tightly. Your love will never dim, just as she will always love you, it will just be expressed in a new way, but it’s just as strong and real as it ever was. Please come, write, visit the other posts. We lean on each other and sometimes we crawl, but we are here. Take care of you
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
JennyTeddy
Your baby Annabelle is beautiful! 💕 I’m so deeply sorry for the pain you’re enduring due to the loss of your sweet Annabelle to heart failure. I lost my baby to Heart failure 1 month ago and it still feels like yesterday. It’s incredable hard and beyond heart breaking. My heart goes out to you. Everyday hurts not having him. Sending hugs your way. I feel posting/talking as much as you can about your baby helps a lot. Writing about her, posting pictures of her, sharing quotes, lyrics, memories, anything. I have only been on here almost a full day. And it took me a month to find the strength to write about Teddy. But since I have it gives me somewhere to write where I know people who care and understand are listening.
If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Quote 0 0
dachsiemom
I am so very sorry about the loss of your beautiful Annabelle.  Taking care of a much loved, very sick pet is so stressful; I know this from personal experience.  It will take you some tine to recover from the trauma of her death, and also to recover from the stress of what you went through in her last months.  Let yourself cry as much as you need to, and don't worry too much if you can't eat or sleep.  This is normal.  The first days and weeks will be difficult, but I hope this forum can help you as it did me when my beloved dachshund died in March. I loved Brandon so much, and had spent the last year dreading losing him as I took care of him.  When he died my grief was intense, as I knew it would be.  At first I could not enjoy any of the things that usually made me happy.  But 2 months later I find that I am able to enjoy life again, although I still think about Brandon every day.  --Dachsiemom
Moira - remembering Brandon
"Better lo'ed ye canna be. Will ye no' come back again?"
Quote 0 0
mistybmanes
Thank you Ms Lynn, Jenny, and Ms Moira for your kind words and thoughts.  Today is my second day without my love and it is still so hard.  I feel like I am just going through the motions of living.  I want her here with me so bad it hurts.  I still sleep with her blanket at night because it smells like her.  I wonder if she misses me as much as I do her and thinks about me as much as I do her.  I am taking it day by day for now.
Quote 0 0
JennyTeddy
I understand what you mean by going through the motions of living because I feel that way as well. I feel like I’m on auto pilot. I sleep with Teddy’s blanket too and his sweater he wears. I haven’t even washed them. I know your baby thinks about you and misses you. I truly believe she doesn’t have to miss you because she is always next you in spirit. I think she may miss physcially being there with you and miss you being happy. It’s is so painful to wake up and fall asleep without them. I’m so sorry you’re going through this. Today has been hard and I can imagin how you’re feeling. Sending hugs your way. 💛

Quote 0 0
mistybmanes
JennyTeddy you asked me a few days ago what some of Annabelle's favorite things to do were.  She loved being outdoors.  She loved going on walks (aka strolls); she loved to sniff the air; she loved to ride and go with me everywhere I could take her.  She loved food too...she knew what drive thru windows were and usually got some chicken nuggles (nuggets)...she would give me a look if had an evening snack like "where is mine" so I would ask her if she wanted a snack too and she would lick her lips. It was really cute  We had way of communicating that no one else would understand whether is was an action, bark, or look, I could always tell what she wanted.  She loved naps on the weekend and could grab a toy or her bone and usually beat me to the bedroom.  I haven't been able to take a weekend nap since she is gone.  It doesn't feel right without her there.  She thought she was bigger that she really was... my cousin has chickens and she would get out of the car and chase them even though they are bigger.  It was funny watching her run after them.  I have many more things about her that I love and miss but those were just of few.

Its only been a week but it seems like yesterday that I lost you.  The time when I am home and your not here seems to go by so slowly.  Its a loss that not many understand. We had a bond that no one and nothing will ever replace.  I love you my sweet girl.  I wish you were still here snuggled up sleeping beside me.  I miss the way you would lay lengthwise against my pillow by morning and I only had the edge of the bed and pillow for myself.  I would give anything to have you back. 
Quote 0 0
JennyTeddy
mistybmanes wrote:
JennyTeddy you asked me a few days ago what some of Annabelle's favorite things to do were.  She loved being outdoors.  She loved going on walks (aka strolls); she loved to sniff the air; she loved to ride and go with me everywhere I could take her.  She loved food too...she knew what drive thru windows were and usually got some chicken nuggles (nuggets)...she would give me a look if had an evening snack like "where is mine" so I would ask her if she wanted a snack too and she would lick her lips. It was really cute  We had way of communicating that no one else would understand whether is was an action, bark, or look, I could always tell what she wanted.  She loved naps on the weekend and could grab a toy or her bone and usually beat me to the bedroom.  I haven't been able to take a weekend nap since she is gone.  It doesn't feel right without her there.  She thought she was bigger that she really was... my cousin has chickens and she would get out of the car and chase them even though they are bigger.  It was funny watching her run after them.  I have many more things about her that I love and miss but those were just of few.

Its only been a week but it seems like yesterday that I lost you.  The time when I am home and your not here seems to go by so slowly.  Its a loss that not many understand. We had a bond that no one and nothing will ever replace.  I love you my sweet girl.  I wish you were still here snuggled up sleeping beside me.  I miss the way you would lay lengthwise against my pillow by morning and I only had the edge of the bed and pillow for myself.  I would give anything to have you back. 

Misty,

I have been having a really tough couple of days and this message made me smile reading about Annabelle’s favorite things to do. I smiled the entire way through. Thank you for sharing about Annabelle. I love reading the cute stories others share of their babies. It’s heart warming. I laughed when you mentioned she loved food and knew what a drive through was. Teddy was the same. Such a foodie. And I can totally relate when you talk about yours & Annabelle’s communication, teddy and I were the same, I could understand what everything meant. And also on the naps I felt for you reading that made me sad because I feel the same way, I avoid laying in my bed we’re Teddy & I would relax and nap during the day. Knowing the pain I experience with losing Teddy, not waking up to him, not having him here to cuddle with, share my day with, the heart breaking pain knowing you’re enduring that pain as well makes me sad, I’m so sorry you’re going through this not having your baby Annabelle. 😞 just know I’m here if you need someone to talk to and have listen. Sending you hugs and love your way. You’re in my thoughts. 💕 continue to share memories of your baby 💕

Quote 0 0
mistybmanes
Annabelle, 

Today has been the same as every day since you've been gone. I feel lost and alone without you. Its like my happiness and everything good left with you and I don't   know what to do.  I miss having you greet me and bark at me when I come home from work.  I try to fake it through my day but my world is empty.  I have had many tell me or ask me if I have gotten another dog yet but you are irreplaceable.  Yes I miss the companionship and company a dog would bring but as I always told you, you were my #1.  I just wish you were here but I know you can't be.  I love you Annabelle.  Always and forever

Quote 0 0
JennyTeddy
Sweet Misty,

Sending you warm hugs, I know you’re enduring the same painful heartbreak. You have been in my thoughts and my heart continues to go out you 💛

Quote 0 0
msweet13
Dearest Misty - I am so very sorry about the loss of your beloved Annabelle. She is a beauty. I just wanted to stop by to say that you are not alone and I am still grieving for my beloved Brutus and it will be 14 weeks tomorrow. Grief is a time thief and there is no rhyme or reason to the roller coaster ride ahead. The one constant I have found through this whole nightmare is this forum, and the special members of this forum, who are always there with kind words of comfort, support, guidance, and friendship. I wish you warm hugs and blessings of comfort.
Denise (Brutus' Mom)
Brutus von Dolce
06/19/2006 - 03/16/2018
RIP my sweet beautiful boy
Quote 0 0
mistybmanes
My sweet Annabelle, 
 Today its been a month since you left me.  I miss you so much still.  I received a beautiful photo of you and a paw print ornament of your itty bitty paw print today from the vet. It made me tear up when I saw these things. It will be something I cherish forever.  
I am sorry I am thinking of getting another puppy to have a companion so soon.  I miss you so much and you taught me what its like to have that pure unconditional love and I miss that. I miss having someone to come home to, to great me at the door, to comfort me when I am sad or stressed.  I wish so much that it could be you.  I hope you don't hate me for wanting another to share my life with.  I know I tried to get you a friend when you were younger and you didn't like that but I hope now you understand that its not a replacement.  Nothing and no one will or could ever replace you. I hope to see you again one day and never be separated again.  I love you with all my heart sweet girl.
Quote 0 0