KadyMcGann
I feel so angry. It's been over two months since I lost Gretal, and although I don't cry as much it still hasn't gotten any easier. I miss her so much, her presence. I thought I was going to have her for so much longer, and I know I'm lucky to have had the time that I had with her, but I always thought she'd last past 13 years since so many of my friends and family have cats that are 17+. The vet always told me she was so healthy, what the heck happened? Why did my sweet girl have to go like that? I envy my friends with their cats even though I know its wrong, I just miss Gretal so much. I was prepared to have her for longer... I wasn't ready to say good bye at 13. It makes me so so angry. Why Gretal? She was the most calming factor I had in my life, she was literally my best friend. We were attached at the hip. Why didn't she make it to her senior years? Why did her heart fail like that? Why???????????? I feel so much that she should still be here. I was so excited to be graduating college and moving back home because I was going to finally be able to spend my time with my Gretal. The one good thing about quarantine was that it forced me to have to leave school in March instead of June, and so I got those final months with Gretal before she passed in June that I might not have gotten. For that, I am thankful. But, I still feel a gut punch whenever I think about the fact that Gretal is really, really gone. I am so mad. When I see other cats it makes me want to cry. I can't believe this is reality. I can't make peace with the fact that she left so early and so suddenly. I try, but I can't. 
Quote 2 0
KadyMcGann
I always tried to take good care of her, always getting her vet check ups and shots and always hearing "what a healthy girl" only to see her die of heart failure a few months later... I can't help but feel like I didn't take good enough care of her and it tears me up inside. How do so many cats live to be like 20 and Gretal only 13? It wasn't fair, I feel like I could scream at the top of my lungs 
Quote 2 0
KadyMcGann
FC3083C8-5822-4F59-9512-F803DF852E6A.jpeg my sweet girl
Quote 2 0
Zooey
I am SO sorry that you ate going through this . I feel your pain. My cat who was also my best friend died a month ago and it all happened very quickly. I've never felt pain like this before so I totally understand how you feel. That picture of your cat is adorable. Like you i am having a very difficult time with this. I keep looking around my home and just can't believe she is just not here anymore.  I hope it helps you  bit to know you are not alone. What I do know is that our cats knew how much we loved them. There is no doubt about that. Hang in there and know there are people out here who understand 🌹
Zooey 
Quote 0 0
tabatha
My kitty Chloe went to heaven six months ago she almost made it to twelve years old. My life will never be the same again without her. I also am angry that she didn't live to be eighteen or older. Keep seeing over and over people talking about how their cat is still alive at twenty. I just pray that someday we will be together again. Love the picture of your beloved cat. 
Quote 0 0
Darnell
I lost my tuxedo cat Beau at eight years old exactly two months ago. It just seems so unfair. He should have loved so much longer. I am under so much stress, and he always helped me feel better. It is just so hard to understand. 
Quote 0 0
Molly4always

I’m so sorry for your loss of Gretal.  I understand your feelings; I lost my sweet Molly who was just 11 years old.  I wanted many more years with her.  Cancer took her away from me so fast that sometimes it doesn’t seem real.  Never in my wildest dreams did I think I’d lose her so soon.  I was so heartbroken and I mourned all the time we lost.  I started looking at her pictures and realized she did have a wonderful life and that has helped.  But I wanted to give her so much more.  

That picture tells me she was a sweet girl and so pretty.  I, too, hope I’ll see her again.  Sometimes I imagine how I’ll hold her and feel her purring.

Barbara

Quote 0 0
Michelemh
She is adorable. My dog passed away last year and I am still really upset and miss her. Like you said she was my calming factor and best friend. Life is not the same. So sorry for you.

Michele
Quote 0 0
ShadowDad
Hello Katy, 
I am so very sorry for your loss of Gretal.  It's ok to be angry.  The truth is that even if Gretal would have been sick, or if she had lived to be 17 or more, it would not be any easier without her.  We are never ready for our soul mates to leave us no matter what the cause or no matter their age.  My Shadow was two weeks from her 15th birthday when I lost her.  She had been sick off and on for two years before she passed.  So knowing this, I should have been prepared to lose her, right?  I was not, and never could have been prepared.  Losing her ripped my world apart.  I went through deep depression, denial, anger, anxiety, and more depression.  I talked with 3 counselors trying to survive it.  It has been 9 months today and it still feels like yesterday.  I wish you peace and comfort.

Quote 0 0
KadyMcGann
I have been having such a difficult time lately. I can't get Gretal out of my mind, my heart aches every day. I feel so guilty, I feel like I didn't take good enough care of her. If I had fed her better quality food or something, I don't know, I just feel like since I was her caregiver I was the one who failed her. I am so jealous of my friends with cats that live until 19-20. I needed Gretal, she was my soul animal, she gave me so much comfort. I feel so devastated, and even though its been over 3 months it still doesn't really feel real. I just stayed at my boyfriends house for a week and on the car ride home I let it sink in that Gretal wasn't going to be there to greet me, to keep me company while I stayed up in bed, usually falling asleep in my lap. I miss her warmth and feeling her little heart beat on my legs. This is so, so painful. I cannot believe how much of a terrible, painful experience this has been. I feel sick. 
Quote 0 0