Found out this past week that my 15 year old female cat has an inoperable bladder tumor that is likely cancer. She started having trouble passing urine and feces (lots of diarhhea), and licks herself profusely. The vet told me there is some NSAID anti-inflammatory that would basically just prolong the inevitable, but could cause her to vomit and/or have kidney failure...she has already lost a lot of weight.
So I've made the decision to put her to sleep on Monday. But I just hope this is the right thing to do. I keep thinking what if there is a cure? Or what if this is false information? I trust the vet, but what if he is wrong? I don't have the money to spend thousands on tests and scans....and I'd never put her through chemo. I am a breast cancer survivor...I went through chemo....and I would never want my child nor my pets to go through that hell!
My kitty is very uncomfortable, but not in lots and lots of pain yet. I don't want her to get to that point either. Am I making the right decision?