csexton
I lost my sweet baby Friday. Since then I've been totally lost. I need something to fill the void. Although I know NO ONE or ANYTHING will EVER fill his place in my heart, I've decided I need to get another pup. Last night I cried and cried and talked to Bug and bwffes him to send me a sign that he was OK and it was OK for me to do this. So today I looked up rescues with toy Aussies to adopt. I was talking to the lady about one in particular that stood out to me. She was telling me how sweet and well behaves he was, he was dropped off BC he wouldn't mate so the breeder didn't want him anymore. I told her I'd had a toy Aussie before and he was the most perfect dog. She said well he is super sweet and cute as a Bug! (Keep in mind I hadn't told her by sweet boys name) but I took that as Bugs sign. I maybe crazy. But I always wanted to rescue a dog that needed a loving home. And for her to say he was as cute as a bug, I took that as my sign from my sweet Bug. I maybe crazy, but I want to be able to give another sweet baby as loving home like I did Bug.
Quote 0 0
CB
Hi, that doesn't sound crazy at all. It sounds like a sign of approval.
Enjoy the new pup and I hope it eases the pain of losing your Bug.
Love you forever and ever and I will be there for you xx
Quote 0 0
danzey
csexton...........I'm with CB, it doesn't sound crazy to me either.  You asked for a sign(?)  Just ask for one more sign, that if this is the right one; that everything will go smoothly............danzey
Quote 0 0
cakes488
I think it's wonderful you want to open you home and heart to another dog. 

Personally it always helps me to heal when I help another animal in need...I hope it will do the same for you.
Quote 0 0
miss_nibs
You aren't crazy at all! My husband and I have also decided to rescue another animal after losing our amazing cat last week. We are adopting a cat on August 15, and we believe that having a new energy in the house will be good for both us and the dogs. Plus, I know that my sweet girl would want us to give another cat a happy life like we gave her.
Quote 0 0
csexton
Thank you all so Mich for your kind words. I didn't end up getting that particular pup, but I did get another one. He's a cute little guy. Still hard here without my Bug but slowly I'm learning to cope. Its nice to have another dog in the house it was very empty without Bug. And I know in my heart that I am doing a good thing and he would want me to love another like I did him and give them as good a life as he had. Thanks again!
Quote 0 0
MySweetBreck
Your story made me smile. What the woman at the shelter said was not a coincidence - God works in mysterious ways! We lost our one-year-old, Breck, on Saturday and quickly decided we too wanted another puppy to help fill our hearts and ease the pain. I called the breeder we got Breck from (her named is Cyndi) and she currently did not have any puppies. I tried some other breeders in the same area that I found on the internet and reached a woman named Cristy who I soon found out was Cyndi's sister! She has a 3-week-old litter of puppies from Breck's bloodline and we are going to visit her in 2 weeks. We named Breck after our favorite ski town in Colorado, 'Breckenridge' so we are going to name the new puppy 'Ridge' in his memory.

Take care of that new little puppy and keep Bugs close in your heart because God made them both special just for you!
Quote 0 0