Shefowl
It's been a month Lord and you know I still miss him so much! I thank you for allowing Rebel to be a part of our lives for so many years , we love him so very,very much...he was 15 years old when you called him home.He saw many grandchildren born and grow into teenagers! You know how he loved those grandchildren!How many times did he and I sit on the porch while he listened to me cry over events that had taken place in our family? Lord you gave him eyes that could look into our souls as though he understood every word spoken. Only thing he asked for in return was a good belly rub and maybe a bite of his favorite treat! Please let him know that though we can't see him with our eyes , we still very much feel his presence all around us! Our love for him will forever stay alive in our hearts !
Quote 0 0
EM
God bless you and Rebel from Buster and me.
Quote 0 0
LUCYLULU
Shefowl~I am so sorry to read about Rebel. You are so right. I can relate to 'eyes that could look into our souls as though he understood every word spoken'. We were all so fortunate to have shared our lives with soulmates who listened & seemed to understand better than some people.  Maybe that explains why we all are here...with patient, understanding like minded folks who can truly empathize. We had soul connections and always will. Rebel was and will always be a most important part, a huge loving piece in the fabric of your life. Again I am very sorry. Hugs, KC
Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
Just want to add my sympathies to those already expressed.  Please KNOW that everyone here knows how you feel and we ALL can relate to what you are going through.  My Molly was 14 and I know we can't expect longer than that, but still it is WAY too short.

Take care of yourself.  It is a tough road to be on even with company.
janice
Quote 0 0
Shefowl
Thank you everyone for your kind words...I hope the same for each of you! " Is it worth it ? Having a pet and one day have to say good bye? " My answer to that question is a profound YES ! My husband and I feel the same way about our babies, that is , to give them the best life we possibly can , love them with all of our hearts and when their time comes to leave , allow them to do so without suffering. 
Quote 0 0