katporlas
Didn't sleep. Laid next to Mr. Gordy knowing it was going to be the last time. Not looking forward to that awful moment. But, knowing Maxie will no longer be alone and be so happy to see his brother and knowing Mr. Gordy will be happy seeing Maxie and feeling healthy again helps me to get through this.

Momie loves her boys
Maxie Momie's Best Friend, now missing Mr. Gordy Maxie's brother.
Quote 0 0
partangel
I am so sorry! I keep thinking about how it may have helped if I had been prepared, been able to lay next to my boy one more time. I don't know if it would have or not but having to make the decision quickly without time to think or anything, especially when it is completely unexpected, leave you second-guessing yourself all the way! The devastation is real either way. I am thankful I have 2 other fur babies still to hold onto but my Goliath was my baby. It's comforting but not the same. Hearing his brother grieve is heart-wrenching. I wish life was longer for our precious fur babies! (((hugs)))
Missing my baby boy Goliath....A little heartbeat by my feet
Quote 0 0
katporlas
Hugs back at ya Partangel. Mr. Gordy went quickly he was so tired and I felt so bad. He not once cried in pain or whimpered the whole time he was sick, just like Maxie so brave and innocent. Now their together again.
Quote 1 0
katporlas
Dear Mr. Gordy,

Momie can't stop crying.

I'm holding you oh so close right now.

I love and miss you so....
Quote 0 0
katporlas
To think that only yesterday
I was cheerful, bright and gay
Looking forward to who wouldn't do
The role I was about to play ?
But as if to knock me down
Reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch
Cut me into little pieces
Leaving me to doubt
Talk about God in His mercy
Who if He really does exist
Why did He desert me ?
In my hour of need
I truly am indeed
Alone again, naturally

It seems to me that there are more hearts
Broken in the world that can't be mended
Left unattended
What do we do? What do we do?

Alone again, naturally
Quote 0 0
katporlas
Dear Max and Gordy,

I remember when the 3 of us used to walk everyday!!! Max used to chase ducks and run in the water and Mr. Gordy would just watch. It wasn't until after Maxie passed that you, Mr. Gordy, ran in the water during one of our walks. I was so surprised!!!! You were always full of surprises Mr. Gordy.

Big kisses and hugs to my baby boys. Momie loves and misses you both😢😢
Quote 0 0
partangel
Oh, precious little guy! I feel your pain! I truly do. This is such a heart-wrenching and unfair choice we have to make. I am still second guessing myself and the guilt is so unbearable at times. I have to hold onto the fact that God sees us all, in our pain, and promises he will not withhold anything good. 
For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly. Psalms 84:11. This verse makes me believe that our pets will be in heaven waiting for us! I made a promise to my Goliath that I would do my best to live upright. I know I am going to heaven and want to make sure my baby boy is there waiting for me! Keep sharing your feelings and talk about your guy as much as you can! It seems to help. (((Hugs))))
Quote 0 0
katporlas
Partangel, thank you so much for being here and the touching Psalm from the Bible.
A friend told me she was not crazy, but people who died and came back said animals have a voice in Heaven.
But, just looking at their faces we know, but if I could hear them both say were ok and happy and healthy that would awesome!
Quote 0 0
partangel
I couldn't agree with you more! Oh, how I wish God would allow that! I would feel so much better. I am glad your friend shared that. The bible clearly talks about animals being in heaven. Even though it doesn't directly say our pets go there if we already know animals are there AND God promises not to withhold anything good, as well as, the fact he loves us more than we love our own children, leads me to believe they have to be there! I NEED to see him again! I know you feel the same. 
Quote 0 0
katporlas
My death is riding on the fact that I will see Max and Mr. Gordy first and I will feel their breath again and their licks on my face and to hold them and not ever let go again.
Quote 0 0
katporlas
Dear Mr. Gordy,

How is the journey, have you said all your good byes and have you reached your brother yet?

Give Maxie a big kiss and hug from his momie.

Eat all the chocolate you want and smell all the flowers you can!!!!

Momie loves and misses you and Max. Please hold me in your heart and wait for me.

Quote 0 0
katporlas
Happy Valentine's Day momies baby boys!!!!

Lots of chocolates for you Mr Gordy!
Quote 0 0
katporlas
Dear Mr. Gordy,

Momie gets to pick you up tomorrow and bring you home!

They said a week , but it only took a day and I was hoping you would be here for your services Monday.

I can hardly wait!

Momie loves her boys.

Quote 0 0
katporlas
Dear Mr. Gordy,

Momie went to pick you up today. I was so happy. Then they brought out the blanket I carried you in, your paw print plaque and your ashes.

That day came back to me the memory of the last time I held you heard you breathing and watched you take your last breath.

I couldn't get back to the car fast enough as the tears wouldn't stop!

I cried all the way home.

Oh how I miss my precious boy.
Quote 0 0
sjw292
Years ago, I had to make the big decision for my 16-year old beloved Sam. His best friend "Max" had died a year earlier, and Sam went downhill after that. I never mentioned Max's name because Sam would have gone all over the house looking for him. Sam had kidney problems and had been at the vet for a couple of days. They brought him into the room, so I could sit with him. I was still unsure of whether to let him go. I looked into his eyes and asked, "Do you want to go and be with Maxie?" And Sam relaxed and started purring loudly. There was my answer.
Quote 1 0