Merlynmom
My 19-yr old kitty Merlyn was put down 2 days ago. My boyfriend couldn't hold back from verbally abusing me, so I checked into a hotel so I could grieve for my cat without him yelling and calling me names. Now I'm alone and in indescribable pain over my beautiful Merlyn's passing. It's almost too much.
Quote 0 0
wkcookie
Dear Merlynmom,

I'm so sorry for your loss of Merlyn. I lost my furbaby over 2 months ago. It does get better but the wound is still fresh.  I have memories and pictures to keep me together but I had to make that awful decision too.  I also live my alcoholic husband so I understand, to a degree, how difficult our personal lives can be which made our fur babies even the more important in our lives. Please know that this is a safe warm space and we are all going through the same heartache. You are in the right place. 
Quote 0 0
Merlynmom
Thank you so much. It's nice to have support. So sorry about your furbaby as well :(
Quote 0 0
miztina249
I'm so sorry about Merlyn, and really sorry that your BF is being an @ss instead of supporting you at such a time. I'm glad you got out of there so you can at least grieve in peace. It is so difficult to lose them no matter how old they are. I had my baby boy Polo for almost 14 years and it wasn't nearly enough.

Big hugs to you.
Quote 0 0
Marie123
Oh my gosh! 19 years together with your sweet Merlyn! That's amazing! I lost my sweet black cat Raven just before Easter. I'm so sorry. And doubly so because your bf is being so abusive about it. That's the most horrible thing I've ever heard! You don't need that kind of thing right now, that's for sure. I'm heartbroken for you going through this.
You're not alone here on this site. All of us are here to give support and share stories about our dear fur angels. You may feel like you're going out of your mind but that's only natural. Raven and I were souls intertwined and now I feel completely unraveled without her. Don't beat yourself up over feeling this way. Let yourself grieve however you need to and as long as you need to. Don't let anyone tell you what to do or how to feel. It only makes it worse. Merlyn was clearly loved and that's what's important. My heart goes out to you right now dealing with this.
Blessings from Marie and the crew 🐱
Quote 0 0
MonaGirl
Hugs, I am so sorry. I will pray for you. I lost my sweet kitty in 2015, my abusive roommate for ten years now, still lives with me, I am to poor to live alone. I understand your pain. Big hugs.
Quote 0 0