kygirl402
I am not sure how I made it through the holidays but I did. The last couple of years have been hard for me then January 22. 2015 I lost my Jake to a massive heart attaack. It was traumatic, unexpected and happened right in front of me. Luckily he did not suffer because it was so quick but I am not sure I will ever recover. The connection him and I shared was like no other. I have had other pets that I loved with all my heart that have passed on and I mourned them. I missed them but as time passed it became easier. I still cry for my buddy. I have heard that this is not abnormal thankfully but will this last forever? As the 1st anniversary of hours passing is coming up I have found myself becoming more sad and down. I know he is ok and I will see him again and that helps but why did he have to go so soon?
Quote 0 0
camunki
hi, you do know that he is ok and you will see him again, please keep replaying that in your mind...the good things.....how old was your Jake?? 

And yes, i am sure it was very traumatic to see him have a heart attack right in front of your eyes, that is an awful thought.

It ok to still cry about your Jake, you miss him........I cried for 8 months straight when i lost my baby back in Jan 2nd 2015, my Daizy, and her anniversary is coming up 2morrow, which i know will be a sad date.

The grieving process has no rules or how to grieve, each person is different and we all grieve in different ways....maybe take the time to remember the good memories of your Jake, you know he wants to see you happy.

Wishing you strength & support thru this difficult time.

Cam

Cam

Quote 0 0
kygirl402
Jake was 11 years old. Thank you for your message and kind words. There are many people that just do not understand the strong connection he and I had. I dont really blame them because I know I would have never understood if I had not experienced it first hand.
I am so sorry to hear about your loss also. I will be thinking of you today. Jake passed on January 22,2015 and as the day approaches the grieving is worse.
Quote 0 0