ricemanstm
Well...tomorrow Delenn will have been gone a week.  The tears still haven't stopped, they're just not as often now.  I think I'm coming to terms with the fact that she's no longer with us.  However...mornings...SUCK.  I miss hearing her.  I miss her claws getting stuck in the carpet.  I miss getting yelled at.  I especially miss her next to me when I take a nap in the afternoon.  I can still feel her presence in our bedroom.  I recently cleaned up her litter boxes.  They still had her paw prints in them from the last time she tried to use it.  That really killed me.

I take solace in the fact that I will be reunited with her someday.  I found some pictures of her from when we were in living in California.  It seems like yesterday.  

Tomorrow will be hard and I'm bracing myself for it.  I'm dreading and looking forward to having her ashes.  At least her body will be home.  I miss my Delenn, like everyone else misses their fur babies.  I'm glad I found this place.
Stephen "Riceman" Myers
"The greatest tribute one can give a loved one is to share their life and stories with others."

Quote 0 0
Sasha
It's hard collecting the ashes but it does bring some comfort. I have my cat Ollie on the window sill in my bedroom where he slept and it was hard at first but now it helps, i touch his ashes and say good morning and good night every day, sometimes I still cry but not as much as the first few weeks, he's gone 6 weeks now. Like you I miss the sounds of Ollie, Its hard to believe how much noise a cat can make. Wishing you well for tomorrow x
Annette
Quote 0 0
ricemanstm
Thank you Annette. My friends don't get it...even my wife doesn't quite understand.  If it wasn't for this site...this journey would be a lot harder to be on.  Thank you for your words.
Stephen "Riceman" Myers
"The greatest tribute one can give a loved one is to share their life and stories with others."

Quote 0 0
NormaT
Dear Riceman,

I agree, most friends (and some family) just don't get it.
We've been on holiday, just back tonight. The silence and the emptiness of the house is just awful. But the worst is when I keep realising we won't be calling to pick Spike up from our friends tomorrow - as was our usual post holiday routine. Spike was our 13 year old golden retriever. We made the decision to have him pts on 18th Feb. My life changed forever that day. I am more of a person for having had him in my life but that person is no more. I miss him so much the pain is worse than any physical pain I have known. I find myself trying to hide my tears from a husband who tells me I will just have to get over it and move on. If only it were that simple then none of us would be here at this forum.

Norma
Norma 
Quote 0 0
Sadiesmom061308
Tomorrow will be hard for you collecting the ashes. It is so emotional. I hope you feel better having her ashes for comfort. Although I know nothing really takes the pain away. We just have to keep reminding ourselves we will see them one day.
Wishing you healing and peace.
Tammy
Quote 0 0
ricemanstm
There's a part of me that's afraid of tomorrow event though there's nothing I can do to stop it.  I miss her so much.  I hear her in my heart and see her in my mind.  I have to keep reminding myself that, physically, she's not here any more.  I know we'll be reunited someday but until then there will be a hole in my heart and soul.

I love you Delenn.  Thank you for picking me...thank you for your friendship...thank you for your companionship.  You saved me more times and in more ways than you know...
Stephen "Riceman" Myers

Quote 0 0