adr37983
My beautiful boy crossed the rainbow bridge on Feb 26, 2017 after being with me for almost 13 years. My cat slept with me every night, in my arms, underneath the covers. I made the decision to let him pass away, also in my arms, after a short battle with intestinal lymphoma. I relive that day over and over in my head. And I relive me leaving his beautiful body at the crematorium. And I relive me picking up his little box with his paw print and name. There's days where I can't help but cry myself to sleep. Most people just don't understand. They think loosing a pet isn't as big a deal as loosing a human being. That's what makes it hard. That some people can't understand that there's a huge cat shaped chunk missing in my heart and there's nothing in my arms at night. I'm completely broken. Almost 5 months, forever to go.

“The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not ‘get over’ the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will heal and you will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same nor would you want to.” PLUFFY 02-26-17

Quote 0 0
William
adr
It's an awful empty feeling in your heart. You are right that there are not a lot of people who are understanding of this.
I'm going on two months of losing my boy, William. In the two months I've had one day that I haven't cried. The people that don't understand and can't support me have been put on the " back burner" of my life so to speak. If they have no supportive words I am not putting myself in the situation to listen to them.
Have you done any memorial type displays out of toys or blankets that your baby loved?
Looking at pictures helps me. Although I cry I have the memory of each picture. I took a walk yesterday through a little vacation town we are in. I went over the list of every store I carried my boy in and pointed out everyone that asked us to leave.. lol.. it was a great memory.

Try to bring the happy times in with the sadness. It's helped me a lot.
Take the time you need and take care of yourself, don't worry about what others think
Kim
Quote 0 0