nelsondonna001
I thought I was over the worst but find that I am still having days when I just don't know how I can bear it without my Shadow.  The good weather is here and that is making me miss him even more.  Oh how he loved being outside.  My burning bushes are full now and he loved hiding in the shade under them, chasing chippies in the yard and visiting the neighbors.   His "garden" is really looking nice now with flowers and a newly planted rose bush, a bird feeder (the finches come every morning) and a little solar night light next to his headstone.  I was blessed to  have Shadow contact me through a medium two months after he passed.  It was awesome and gave me great comfort knowing he is still alive - just in a different place.  He is reunited with my brother now and that comforts me too but none of it takes away the longing to pat him and hold him again.  Every night I look at his picture and say "good night, sweetie boy" and every morning when I pull up the bedroom shade I look out at his beautiful garden.    I miss you so much my beautiful Shadow.   You were the best friend I will ever have.
Donna Nelson
Quote 0 0
Lizzy
Donna
It sounds like Shadow is very much with you.  It is our memories, our pain, our secret messages to them that pull us through!  You mentioned a Medium, there is a book you may enjoy called A Dogs Purpose .  It doesn't have to be a dog...it talks about pets being reincarnated and coming back in the next life with the gifts and wisdom of the previous life.  This book brings a dog full circle back to his owner who held him while he passed.  The dog came back to be with him while he passed.  Its an amazing book!!  I found comfort within its pages. Sending hugs and hope!

Lizzy
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
Dear Donna, what you do sounds so very much like me! I know my Misty still lives, but still miss her and the things we used to do. I miss her physical presence. Sometimes I catch a scent of her! It lasts only a second, but how it connects me to her very suddenly!
I go every morning to what I also call her "garden", check on it. I have a sparkly butterfly, lots of plants, and a little solar light.
Every morning I say "Good morning darling" in that bright happy way like I always used to. And every night I say "Go to sleep love, it's alright now, good girl sleep now." (like I said to her every night we lived here, and like I said as she was being put to sleep.)
Once quite recently I woke up in bed with the feeling that the bed had just moved. It was so real. Exactly like when she used to get out of bed in the night. I can't explain how ordinary and real that was. Then next minute I actually HEARD her shaking herself out next to my pillow! All happened in the dark, in seconds -and then gone. But I know it was a communication from her.
I often sense her love. She returns frequently.
I hate it when she's far away and seems to be gone. But I know she isn't so far away, and will come back when she's ready. I am getting used to it. And I always thank her for such blessings and compassion.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
nelsondonna001
thanks Lizzie, I have been reading a lot lately and will add that book to my list.     And thank you MistysMama - I too have had times when I swear I felt my Shadow jump onto the bed or heard him scratching at the door to come in.  I haven't had any "visits" lately and wonder if he's just so happy being reunited with my brother that he won't come around any more.  His garden brings me a lot of comfort and he so loved our yard that I hope he will come and visit now and then.  My husband built him a two story house that we will still keep on our deck.  It has his name on it and he would often take a nap in there on a sunny day.  This will always be his second home if he wants to come around now and then.  My house was built on a piece of property that my Grandmother lived on when I grew up and it is a beautiful spot next to a river.  It's my little piece of heaven on earth.   Lots of happy memories here and I feel all those I have lost around me.
Donna Nelson
Quote 0 0