ForeverMyMew
Mew came to me at a time when I needed her just as much as she needed me - she was the perfect cat in every way. That was 2000. I could not have loved her more, she was my soulmate. The mailman ran her over today while she was napping in the driveway. Almost 20 years together - and now she’s suddenly just...
I can’t get the image out of my head. He ran over her head. It’s not fair. I loved her SO much. I put her inside before I left. The kids let her out. I came back to her dead.
I will never not hurt and ache for her. She was my first baby, she was my mother in her old age, she was my everything. I will miss her everyday I live. I will feel a litttle empty everytime I am filled with joy and I’ll wonder why and know it’s because she’s gone. I will pray that her spirit comes to me. She is not with me now. I hurt so bad I cannot breathe sometimes.
Somehow I have to figure out how I’m going to have the strength to take her out of the freezer and take care of the next steps, so make it through her memorial service. I just don’t really know how. I thought I was going to snap when I found her, I shook and couldn’t see...my husband had to hold me up. I beat his chest and screamed. I knew she was old, I knew it would be in the next couple years, but besides being deaf she was healthy enough to make it more time. She was stolen from me too soon and I hurt so bad and just want to wake up :(
Thank you for this outlet. Please pray for my healing if you read this.
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
Oh my God I am so sorry, what an awful thing to happen. I pray for you and hope that posting here helps you get through the awful pain that I know you are going through. I can only imagine it all seems like a bad dream and you wish you could wake up from it. My Bailey died after a dog attack so I know the shock from losing them so suddenly without them going through an illness is sometimes too much to bear. Sending you healing hugs and prayers.
Quote 0 0
Molly_Beagle_Mom_4ever
ForeverMyMew, I am so so sorry for the tragic loss of your soulmate Mew. Words can never describe the pain of such a loss. Our best little friends are such a huge part of our lives, every moment of everyday. Their unconditional love gets us through so many things. Please remember that Mew will always be with you, and your connection to her will strengthen. She will send you signs showing you she’s right with you, always giving you that precious love and guidance she is so good at providing for you.

Be kind to yourself. Grief is very powerful, but Mew’s love will overpower and soften the pain. She will give you the strength you need to make it through. Sending you wishes for peace and healing in the coming days and weeks, with many signs from Mew that she’s right by your side.

Molly’s Mom...Dawn
Love you infinitely our little Molly. Forever and ever XOXO
Quote 0 0
ForeverMyMew
Thank you so very much for your kind words! They bring me comfort and a knowing that I’m not alone. Still so hard. So tired today. I’ll be back tomorrow. Comforting prayers for you as well! Molly’s Mom & Bailey’s Mom <3
Quote 0 0
Millie18
ForeverMyMew,

Oh my gosh, I'm just horrified imagining you finding your best friend this way. I am so, so sorry. I've witnessed a deaf stray dog being backed over by a truck. He was also napping in the driveway in the sun and that was just an awful experience for me.

It's just a horrible situation. I'm sorry you are having to suffer twice, the fact that she was run over and the fact that you are left without your kitty after almost 20 years together. I'm very sorry for your loss.

It will be a difficult road ahead. As Dawn also wrote, be kind and gentle with yourself. Come here to help you grieve. It's an up and down process with no rhyme or reason as to why we cry and sob some days and seem to be getting through the day ok on other days. There are so many wonderful people here to help you get through it. Marlen was one the 1st people who wrote to me and comforted me.
We all struggle together.

Marlen has the experience of having had her pup taken away suddenly and very tragically as well. I had a little more forewarning, but I was still very angry about my loss. The anger has subsided to be replaced by sadness as well as happy memories. Just know that you aren't alone...
Diana

Mom to Millie, Roman, Snoopy & step sister to O'Boy
Quote 0 0
Sil
ForeverMyMew,

I am truly sorry for the loss of Mew. This is so tragic, and sad.  

Mew is forever in your heart, there she will be secured.  My prayers are with you.
Quote 0 0
PeppermintPatty
This is so sad.
My heart goes out to you.
I wish you peace during your time of mourning. 
Quote 0 0