Ness0703
Haven't been on here lately bc in addition to grieving my Pomeranian Chandler, my dad's (who gave me Chandler as an 18th bday gift) aggressive throat cancer is back after only being remission for 3 months. :( It's still hard & I miss him terribly, but for the most part I can get through a day without crying even though I'm still heartbroken. I also have a toddler & infant so I guess that helps too as far as keeping my mind busy. Had a little set back today, but it wasn't all bad. A family friend posted that her family was going out of town & asked if anyone would be interested in watching their 5 month old puppy Callie. She's a white /blond mix chihuahua/Maltese. Never met her before, but I instantly found myself wanting to say yes. Talked it over with my hubs who was alil reluctant at first, but it was only a wk end & I reasoned that it would be good for all us just to have a little dog to love on for the wk end. We have a cat Phoebe who obviously love, but I craved the energy of a dog. The fact that she looks similar to Chandler was just coincendence. I know I'm not emotionally ready for another dog, but it's been really nice. My husband is totally in love, my kids even as young as they are, we're all smiles as Callie played with/entertained them. I did cry in our first moments alone as I looked into her eyes & pet her, but she's even managed to make me laugh & smile too. As crazy as this sounds... I kinda felt like it was a sign. To remind me that Chandler was now a happy, young & energetic dog like Callie is at the rainbow bridge. Not the old, sick & tired Chandler he was when he left us. This brings me comfort. We will happily return her to her family Sunday, but it is helping somehow with our grief. Puppy sitting is exactly what we needed!

Sorry for the long & rambled post.... Sitting outside on the patio with some vino/watching Callie play in Chandler's yard.
Quote 0 0
Sasha
So sorry for your loss of Chandler and for the bad news about your Dad. I lost my mam to cancer 12 months after diagnosis so I know how you feel. I'm glad you had a good time puppy sitting and you sure do have a lot to keep you busy so you were very kind to do it. Take care of yourself and enjoy the vino
Annette
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Ness   very sorry to hear of your loss of Chandler, and the news about dad.  I am Fostering a little chiuaua.  It is good to have another baby in the house.  He is very energetic and a very good boy.  But he can't replace my Winston.  He keeps me busy also.  I don't know when I will be ready to adopt another baby, but for now I think Fostering is the best way for me to go now   Blessings
Susan
Quote 0 0
Ness0703
Thank you Sasha for the kind words! I'm sorry for your loss too. Cancer really is one of the most dreadful things to watch a loved one go through. Blessings to you!

Winstonsmom12 thank you! I'm glad you're fostering. Good for both of you I'm sure & of course even if you got another dog- no one would replace your Winston! Just giving that love has to be healing. God bless!
Quote 0 0