Forum

Author   Comment   Page 62 of 63     «   Prev   59   60   61   62   63   Next
normsmom

Reply with quote  #916 
Hi Jackie,

Just stopping by and catching up with everyone and so happy to see my favourite smiling Jim photo! No wonder he's smiling - he found himself an easter egg! How wonderful of your dad to become the purveyor of fine doggy chocolates to satisfy Jim's sweet tooth! Norm was also able to de-squeak any toy in a matter of minutes. Even the "indestructible" ones or the ones that had multiple squeakers in them. He loved the challenge. 

I've missed the Jim stories and photos. It was so lovely to catch up on your thread and get reacquainted. I can't believe it's been 3.5 years almost. The bond between you has clearly only become stronger. I love reading your letters to your handsome boy.

I hope you are doing well and summer is bringing many happy memories of your guy. 
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #917 
Hi Heather!  Its so lovely to hear from you - and its wonderful to hear that Norm was as adept as Jim in removing those pesky squeaks from their toys!  We still have a few of Jim`s toys - all squeak free of course - as a happy reminder of how canny he was in his younger days, although the rest we took to the very same rescue shelter that we adopted him from all those years ago....        Yes, it is very hard to believe it will be 3.5 years in June that Jim passed, and I know you will agree that sometimes it feels like yesterday that our boys were here with us, and yet other times it can seem an eternity since we saw them last...  time can certainly pull some tricks with our memories...

Big hugs to you,     Jackie x

Reply with quote  #918 
hi Jackie 

just stopped by to get a Hollywood handsome jim fix as a picture of him hamming it up will always bring a smile and a warm thought ,and sorry for not coming sooner but I knew today that looking at him would bring a smile as he just loved to be photographed,hugs to jim and yourself 

littleguys mom

Reply with quote  #919 
Hello my special little Jim, we hope you are having such a wonderful time over the Bridge with all your new friends!  Well Jim, tomorrow will be exactly 3 years and 6 months since we had to say goodbye to you - and while it is a long time, not a day (or even hour) passes without a thought of you.  We shared our lives with you for 17 years, having adopted you as a very shy and scared young pup just 4 months old, but how you blossomed into a confident and wonderful friend to all of us!!   It was so good to see you start to enjoy everything that life has to offer  - endless walks, playing with other dogs, rides in the car, and most of all, becoming our little soul mate...   I loved coming home from work each day to pick you up from Mum and Dads as the welcome you gave me was just awesome - it was as if you had not seen me for days instead of a few hours!  And then of course, poor Dad would miss you just as much until he came to get you the very next day!   Its strange looking back to those days as although it was only a few years ago, it almost feels like a lifetime - and possibly I took it for granted that it would always be like this...     We have so many memories of you Jim, how you loved the sun and would sit out in it when it was obviously too warm - we would put the parasol over you in an attempt to keep you cool, but you would just move back into the full glare of the sun - you were named so well by the rescue centre as your full adoption name was Sunny Jim!  How you loved running full of energy up the stairs and hurl yourself on our bed, where you could easily laze away the afternoon - only coming down when you would hear me start cooking in the kitchen, then you would sit and turn those big brown eye`s on me hoping to get yourself a treat, which of course you always got...    But I think the best times were when Brian and I would be sat on the sofa in the evenings with you stretched right out in between us, just content to be with us, sometimes chewing away on a toy or treat, or falling into such a deep sleep that those gentle doggy snores would start!    Brian, Mum and I say that they were the very best of times, all those years when you and Dad were with us - you kept us all laughing Jim!   As I say, you came to us as a very small, very scared little ball of tan fur, but just what you brought into all our lives is beyond words...and we are just so thankful that we were the lucky one`s who got to be able to call you "Our dog, Jim"...   
  We love you forever Jim - and we will see you again one day... P1290040300x260.jpg  PC180261240x310.jpg  Scan0001300x200.jpg  Scan0004200x300.jpg  Scan0001300x220.jpg  Scan0001280x180.jpg 

Reply with quote  #920 
Awww Jackie...where has time gone?? 3 years and 6 months?? Thanks for the pics of the Hollywood Handsome Jim, he is loved by you and Brian daily along with alot of other folks here on the forum. Yes, Jim loved his Sun, the warmth, the sleep, the peace that the warm sun can bring. And yes I am sure as you were cooking, Jim gave the puppy dog eyes hoping you'd give him a treat of what you were cooking. I sometimes wonder if our pets loved food more than us...lol....and glad Jim would sprawl out between you and Brian on the sofa, a true loyal boy he was.

Wishing you peace on this day and yes, our babies are always on our minds and loved more than they can know. Giving hugs to you and your Hollywood Handsome Jim!! xo

Cam

Molly_Beagle_Mom_4ever

Reply with quote  #921 
Hi Jackie, I always love seeing the photos of your Hollywood Handsome Jim. He looks so comfy in all of his favorite spots, and his smile always shows his love for you. Somehow our little best friends find their way to us and change our lives...we’re so fortunate to have them with us forever in our hearts. And you’re so right, we will see them again. Until then, they’re having such fun in between their visits with us. I love that your Mum is just as attached to Jim as you and Brian. So many lives enriched by your Disney dog.

Sending you big hugs and best wishes for a beautiful summer.

Dawn and Molly xxx

Reply with quote  #922 
Hi Cam and Dawn, thank you so much for your lovely words.  These marker days are very tough, so many memories to reflect on, but I always try to remember that Jim had a very happy life, filled with lots of love and kindness, and that is all our babies ever wanted.   And although we miss them so much, they have all left a little piece of themselves forever within our hearts..  

Big hugs, Jackie x

Reply with quote  #923 
Oh Jackie, how I always love seeing the great photos of your Hollywood Handsome Jim, but the puppy one is absolutely fantastic, look at Jim, his face is so innocent, his eyes are so adorable, and those ears....oh my goodness, I can see how easy it would be to fall in love with your Sunny Jim from the first sight. The people at the rescue center sure gave Jim the perfect nickname in Sunny Jim, with how Jim loves laying and sunning in the sunshine to his love of wearing sunglasses, it is so wonderful to read how loved Jim is, truly beautiful.

I always love reading about the relationship between Jim and his Grandpa (your Dad). I bet your Dad couldn't wait to come over the next day to pick up Jim, your Dad probably dreamed the previous night of all the thing he and Jim would do for that day, Jim kept your Dad young, and I'm sure kept him on his toes as well, especially when it came to hiding chocolates....."where can I hide these chocolates so Jim doesn't find them???".......
With Jim's love for chocolate, it only made sense that your Jim has opened the best candy store, one where all his friends love to gather while sharing stories and snacking on great treats.

Image result for sunny jim's candy

Your Dad has the most important job, he is in charge of keeping track of the inventory, and keeping his eye on Jim so he doesn't eat all the profits. I think Jim did a great job in naming his store and it's no surprise that the two best selling candy bars are......

Image result for jim candy bars    Image result for jim candy bars

Sending my warmest wishes to you, Brian and your Mum for peace and healing on this day, 3 1/2 years since your sweet Jim had to leave. May your heart always feel the sunshine that your handsome Jim continues to send your way.

Your Friend Always, Don
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #924 
Hi Don, thank you for your lovely words - and once again you have us laughing!!   Jim`s Candy Store sounds fantastic - although I would dread to see the statement from the bank as I`m certain it would be the biggest loss earner on their books...!   Between Jim, my Dad and all their Bridge friends I think every time a new delivery of  "Jim and Mr Jim" chocolate bars being delivered would see them all eaten within a few hours!!       

You are so right in that Jim really did keep my Dad young, he was 68 when we adopted Jim, and I think he thought his "dog days" were behind him - but Jim arrived and that put paid to that thought!   Dad used to pick Jim up each morning and looked after him while Brian and I were in work - and what fun they had together! They spent hours walking together in the countryside around were we live. In fact, they spent that much time together that when my Dad passed away, a lot of people thought that Jim was Dads and I had taken Jim in to look after!!    It was such a wonderful bond that they shared, and I dread to think how my Dad would have coped had Jim passed away first...   and at least I know the two "best buddies" are back together again...

Big hugs, your friends Jackie & Brian xx  

Reply with quote  #925 
Jackie,
I am so sorry for being so late in acknowledging a 'marker day' for you - three and a half years...where does the time go? - as Cam asked - It always seems like just yesterday and then again simultaneously so so long ago.    Time, it moves onward and leaves us often contemplating far far too many changes that seem to come around the corner just when we least expect them all...I think I have begun to learn that time doesn't 'heal the grief' but only allows the grief and depth of the loss to 'morph' into a different entity that is one that is no less painful - it takes on a bittersweet 'taste' - so many smiles become so intermingled with the warm tears of loss and sorrow and that inexplicable bond of love and trust that has been forged over the years together.   And those years together with that special fur one are always too brief, too fleeting - You are so right in saying we take those days for granted...somehow without even thinking of it we carry on as if those days will last for always - the 'best of the best years' - somehow we don't see the greying hairs, the slowing step, the increased 'snoozes' in the warmth of the sunshine for each time we look at that fur one's face we see those sparkling eyes, that steadfast loyalty, the forever companionship and that love for life each day - Age sneaks up on them and then upon each of us as well...Somehow we always felt that someway we would just grow old together, be together and 'leave together'...Those not-special everyday hours spent together become the 'stuff' of cherished memories and wished for again moments...if we could just see them one more time...but it would never be enough would it?  Instead it is those memories of deep doggie snoozes, of spur of the moment hugs and licks, of begging for that dinner-prep treat that become the 'stand-ins' for those moments.  The same things can be said a million times over but somehow that bond with that special fur one remains indescribable, inexplicable and a mystery as to the impact 4 paws, fur and those eyes can have upon us.

Sunny Jim, Hollywood Handsome Jim - so appropriate as your special fur boy has brought so many smiles to so many Jackie - His exploits are shared through your great stories of times with Jim and of course live up to that 'secret agent' side of his personality...His stealthy moves onto your Dad's lap, and the 'great chocolate find' - all moves worthy of a confident, and so secure dog that came from that shy, scared young pup who was recused by your love, your care and that instant recognition that the three of you were meant to be...Jim knew he had found his forever home - And knew even as that 'shy' pup with the rocky start in life he had found his 'purpose' - He is your 'heart dog' forever Jackie.  

One can see your Jim, lazing in the warm sunshine, wearing his 'shades' and panting like crazy all the while thinking 'there has to be chocolate somewhere nearby' and 'after that snack it is off to find the stinkiest thing to roll in and then off to find my mom for fur angels never smell!'  Don always finds the most appropriate and smile provoking images and ideas!  Too perfect, "Sunny Jim's Homemade Candy Store"  - there will be line-ups galore for the new inventory taste test!

May your heart take some ease as the two 'best buddies' "hang together" plotting out new walks and meandering over familiar trails...Stopping now and again to have a bite of chocolate and contemplate the beauty of the earthly angels they look over.
Many hugs for you Jackie...

littleguy

Reply with quote  #926 
as always jim is just so Hollywood handsome and can bring a smile.

littleguys mom

Reply with quote  #927 
Hey Jackie, thank you for the birthday wishes for China and the beautiful picture you painted with words on what they may have been doing up beyond the rainbow bridge. It brought smiles to my heart. I had a peaceful day, and a little sign from her in our favorite outside place. She is always letting me know, 'I'm still here daddy, always will be'. Thank you.

I've always wanted to ask you if Jim liked those sunglasses, he seems to be perfectly at ease wearing them, lol. I never tried any on Nicky or China, wish I had, so cute. Did he like having them on a sunny day? He looks so cool with them on, so handsome.

Thank you for your kind post, so nice.

Your friends, Charlie and Deborah

Reply with quote  #928 
Hi Jackie,
I’m sorry I am just seeing your post for Jim’s 3 years and 6 months at the bridge! Your post is beautiful and I can only imagine the scared and shy young pup who had such a difficult start to life being lucky enough to become a part of your loving family and then blossoming into such a beautiful boy who returned all the love and happiness that you and you family gave him.
You had an amazing 17 years with Jim and you packed in so many fun times and so much love and joy as evidenced in the beautiful pictures you’ve shared with us of Jim. Hollywood handsome, Sunny Jim, ... it’s so easy to give him sweet nicknames when we look in to his warm brown eyes that always seem to have a twinkle behind them and all of the expressions on his face ... just so entertaining!!
I can also imagine the bond between Jim and your father and how lucky they were to have each other all because you and Brian gave your home and then your hearts to this scared little puppy. It’s an amazing story! Thank you for sharing your Jim with us!!
Big hugs from your Canadian Sis and from Charlie too of course!! 🤗🐶
And Jackie I agree: We will see them again!!! 🌟
MJ ❤️xxxx
Bailey15

Reply with quote  #929 
Aww.. Jackie, I love the way you described our boys; Jim and Bailey as being “sprawled out on the most comfortable lounger ( while wearing their trendy sunglasses of course!), with the occasional dip in the pool, and treats aplenty!” I sooo wish we could catch a glimpse of them too!!!
I hope that Brian is enjoying his birthday celebrations! 🎉 Please pass along my best wishes!!
Charlie says to send hugs back to his English Auntie! 🤗🐶
Chat soon! ❤️xxx
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #930 
Hi MJ!   I`ve only just caught up with your post above - as you know we have both been away for a few days celebrating Brian`s 60th and I never take my lap top with us, just my phone - but for whatever reason your post never appeared on my phone!!    I passed your best wishes to the "old man" (!), and he sends his thanks - and thank you Charlie for my hugs!    We had a lovely encounter while away - we visited a little medieval village in Somerset, and decided to visit the old castle. It was a very hot day, so we sat in the courtyard for a much needed cool drink when to our utter amazement in walked a dog the absolute image of Jim - we have encountered a few dogs before who were similar to him to this one was almost identical.  Of course, I had to go over to investigate, and found out that Jim`s double was a lovely girl named Lottie - she had the most beautiful nature that so reminded us of Jim, she was wearing a bandana with the words "I am very friendly" printed on it, and she was just the sweetest girl!   She let us make a big fuss of her, and strangely she tried to follow Brian as we walked away - I even said to Brian that it was almost like Jim had come back to say hello for his birthday......   Whatever, it was a beautiful reminder of our handsome little man, and a nice memory to look back on - it really made our day!  

Sending more hugs to sweet little Charlie and you too MJ!        Jackie xx

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.