Forum

Author   Comment   Page 6 of 62     «   Prev   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   Next   »
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #76 
Hello my old boy, I really hope you are enjoying yourself over the Bridge with my dad, and all the little friends you have got to meet from this lovely forum.  We`ve been on your favourite walk today, all the little places you loved to stop and sniff, and we also met up with some of your doggy friends. Its still so very hard not having you with us, but we know you had such a lovely life here, and WE will see you again. Thank you for the wonderful 17 years we shared together, you were are best little friend and soul-mate we could ever have had.  P7190358240x340.jpg 

Reply with quote  #77 
Two days ago my amazing boy died in my arms. I am swinging from tears to utter panic. My shadow for 14 years - how do you get through it

Reply with quote  #78 
Forest,
I am so sorry for your pain. I know it is excruciating. We are all going through much grief for our babies. Start your own thread and all the lovely people on this forum will see it and reply. You are not alone. Sending you hugs.
Tammy
Sadiesmom061308

Reply with quote  #79 
Hi Jackie, another great picture. He is so sweet looking. I know what a wonderful life you had with Jim , as I did with Sadie. They know how much we love and miss them. I hope all our babies have found each other as we all have on this forum.
Sending hugs
Tammy
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #80 
Mary, I am so very sorry for your loss. The first few days are unbearable, but you will find so much comfort here, everyone understands exactly how you feel right now.   As Tammy say`s, start a thread of your own, maybe post a photo of your boy which everyone can see. Never think you are alone.
                                                      Hugs, Jackie.

Reply with quote  #81 
Thanks Tammy,  hope you`re okay.  I really think all our little friends have found each other - I had a dream a few nights ago, and I was walking through a field full of dogs running about. Even though  I couldn`t see Jim, I had a feeling that I knew all these dogs somehow.     Strange little dream, but it kind of cheered me up a little. 

Reply with quote  #82 
Wow.......i thought i was the only one who very rarely went out, while my Winston was well and here with me.  When I did go out, I was always nervous and tense, waiting to rush home to him! My family and friends didn't understand this. I'd always tell Winston I had to go out, where I was going, and tell him I'd be home soon. 

I'd rush home.........kiss, hug  him tell him I was sorry for being gone too long (which was maybe an hour) amd immediately tend to his needs.  The last 5 days of his life, I did'nt leave the house, or his side.  I'd have my daughter do my errands.  He was getting worse as far as symptoms go.  I knew it was time.  He passed on 3/2/16 at the age of 12. Before he left the vet said she had Never seen a 12 yr old Bulldog in her practice EVER. 

She said "you must have taken very good care of him"  Of Course I did, he was my LIFE.  I accept I did the right thing for my Baby.  He was weary and ready to go. That doesn't stop my guilt or grieving. R.I.P. my Beautiful Boy XOXOXO

Reply with quote  #83 
Hi Susan, I love hearing about how much everyone on this site absolutely loved their animals, Winston was truly blessed to have you as his mum.  My dad used to look after Jim for me when we were at work, and when we went on holiday. When dad died 7 years ago, that was it - no more holidays. Mum looked after him during the day, but it would have been too much for her to have him 24/7, as she was in her late 70`s , and no way would we even consider putting him in boarding kennels.  My husband started working from home to be with Jim, as he got quite frail in his last few months. I know a lot of family and friends thought we were mad to give so much up for what a lot of them considered as `just a dog`, but to us he was our baby, our lives totally revolved around him. 
 Twelve years old is a great age for a Bulldog, your vet was so right, he must have had a wonderful life with you.  I just wish we could have them all back with us, but I know we will be reunited with them one day - the bond we share with them is way too strong. 
                                                              Jackie.

Reply with quote  #84 
I too love hearing how everybody loved their animals and what they did for them . I never liked leaving Sadie ever. When she got sick my husband and I tried never to leave her. One of us would stay home or my son would watch her. I worked from home as much as I could. She would lay on the window seat beside me while I was on the computer. She would stretch out so comfortable. Then if she got bored she would stand up for me to kiss her and then rub her belly for 10 minutes! It was such a nice break. So hard to work from home now. I still do it but my brain has a much harder time concentrating.
Peace to all.
Sadiesmom061308

Reply with quote  #85 
Jackie.
The dream sounds wonderful. It makes me feel like all our babies are together loving their time together. I hope they know somehow that we have all bonded over them. I would love to have another dream. I wish we could all meet. It sounds like we are scattered all over the world. Amazing isn't it!
Take care
Tammy
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #86 
It really is amazing how all the really genuine animal lovers just `get ` each other when it comes down to how we feel about our little ones.  Once I discover that people I know don`t really like animals, it somehow puts me off them.  I used to always take my laptop to this particular man when it needed fixing. Until the day he told me he didn`t like dogs - I found someone else pretty quick!!  It may sound illogical, but what`s not to love about animals?       
   I think we are all scattered around the world  -  I`m in Liverpool, England,  although this is an American site ( I think ! )
                                                                   Jackie. 

Reply with quote  #87 
Hi Jim, we were just remembering when you had that operation to remove those lumps that appeared in 2009. It was a risk to put you through the op, as your liver enzymes were very high, but thankfully, you made a great recovery for an 11 year old dog. You were so very brave, and I think you were the talking point of our neighbours for a few days ! P8230970250x330.jpg 

Reply with quote  #88 
Hi Jackie,
Jim is such a beautiful boy. He does look so brave. He recovered so well because you took such good care of him! We miss them every minute of every day.
Hugs
Tammy
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #89 
Hi Tammy, thanks for your kind words. We will love our babies forever, they`ll always be in our hearts and minds. I`m sure that they are watching over us, doing their very best to help us through these dark days.  Sadie and Jim, along with all these other beautiful little souls will be running free and healthy, just waiting until we are reunited again. 
                                                      Take Care, Jackie.x

Reply with quote  #90 
Just a little over 16 weeks ago, we lost our little old Once in a Lifetime dog.  I`ll never get used to not having him here by my side - Jim was my little shadow, who couldn`t settle unless we were in the same room. Car journeys, walks, even going to my mums are just not the same anymore, and while I realise the grief is not as intense as those first awful weeks, I cannot go more than what seems a few minutes without thinking of him.
 I know it`s still early days - after all , we were lucky to have had him for over 17 years, yet it`s so hard knowing that we`ll never see him again in this life, although I am certain we will be reunited one day.    Hope you`re still playing happily over the Bridge, Jim, love and miss you so much. xxx

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.