Forum

Author   Comment   Page 59 of 64     «   Prev   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   Next   »
MyBella

Reply with quote  #871 
Oh Jackie,

This beautiful message to Jim on his three years warmed my heart and made me smile while a tear (or two or more) rolled down my cheek.
We are the lucky ones aren't we, some think that these Angels in fur are lucky to be given a home with us, but we truly are the lucky ones to have them grace our homes and lives, they provide more for us than we realize or understand, it truly touched my heart that you know how much Jim gave you, how he truly was and is that special once in a lifetime loved companion of your life.
I am always so touched with how proudly your Mum talks about Jim and how she proudly shares his photos with her friends, that truly say a lot of who Jim is, and the huge impact he had on his loving family, Jim's legacy will forever be remembered by how he is shared, and that is so beautiful Jackie.

The photos you posted, I don't even know where to begin. Jim patiently waiting for that snowman to throw that stick makes me smile, then Jim sitting in the snow, well....I have a feeling Jim is thinking naughty things and that makes me smile even more. The photo of Jim as a puppy, how sweet and adorable is that cute face, that was the face that popped out of the guy's jacket when you first met Jim, you didn't even know Jim was there until his little face peeked out and stole your heart that instance. Jim snoozing in the sun with his sunglasses on, this photo screams Hollywood Handsome Jim, and Jim lives up to that nickname every time I see his photos. But the photo with Jim looking directly into the camera and in the back ground is that heart on the wall, the similarities of the shape and colour of Jim's head and the heart really melts my own heart, whenever I see this photo it really makes me think of how loved Jim is, how much he is your heart and how he always will be.
Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful and beautiful photos of your handsome Jim, I always love seeing your handsome secret agent in action.
Please give my best to Brian, be sure to tell him that the tradition is one beer for each year, so today, (tonight) I expect him to raise three in honour of Jim, of course I won't let him do that alone, I will be sure to raise many to your handsome boy.
Thank you for your beautiful message, having someone who truly understands helps, thank you Jackie.
Sending my warmest wishes along with big hugs for your heart to always feel the soft, beautiful love and light that is your beautiful Jim, may his love always bring peace and healing.

Your friend always, Don

Image result for hearts candles
Bailey15

Reply with quote  #872 
Hi Jackie,
Thinking of you and Brian ~ and your Hollywood handsome boy, Jim. 🌟 It was such good fortune that you found each other and he became your “Sunny Jim” as he learned that most people are kind and that he had a wonderful new mom and dad who would love him forever and give him an amazing life. The photos you have posted show a happy puppy/dog who lived life to the fullest and enjoyed many adventures; thanks to you and Brian sharing your lives with him and making him such an important part of yours.

I love that you rescued Jim and he deserved all of the kindness and love you both gave him after such a sad start to his life. I just read that chicken and rice was Jim’s lifelong favourite food. I never knew that! After trying many things, we finally found that Bailey loved it as well and it also became his main meal.

It really is hard to believe it’s been three years but when our dogs are such an important part of our families, it really isn’t a very long time. I agree that it’s been wonderful being able to connect with, and form such wonderful friendships on this RB forum where we can all understand and empathize. These anniversaries are so difficult because the memories of having to say good bye are very painful but you are right Jackie when you say that we can look back with gratitude because despite the sorrow, and terrible sense of loss we felt, it was worth it all to have such loyal friendship and selfless love for so many years.

It’s hard to choose a favourite picture but I love the last one you posted because you look so happy and Jim looks so content in your arms: he had found his forever home!

I do think that you and Brian heard Jim’s footsteps. He will always be with you both, and at times maybe even close than you could imagine.

Sending you many hugs and a wish for peace; especially today. ❤️

Your Canadian Sis, MJ xxx
CKMP

Reply with quote  #873 
Jackie,
It has taken me a bit of time to compose a message for you and Jim after reading your beautiful and tear bringing message to him and about him.  While the tears came also came a smile - especially thinking of how your Jim could find anything odorous to roll about in and present himself to you with that characteristic Hollywood Handsome look...a new 'fragrance' - "Eau de Jim" - no 'secret-agent pup' moves while wearing that!  Your angel with fur touched and touches so many lives - they are indeed amazing creatures!  The love your Mum has for Jim has created those cherished and fond memories she carries with her today...and you just know Jim and your Dad are up to mischief some days as they enjoy endless moments together...
These 'marker days' are double edged swords - full of the heartache and longing but as you have said also the gratitude and the smiles as the reminiscences of those days together come flooding in - like a rain storm, dark, gloomy, cold and then the clouds break and the sun shines through...And speaking of sun - who else could pull off his very own sunshades?  Indeed a 'handsome fellow'! From his puppy photo you can just see what a character Jim had - so darn cute - that is the face that 'stole your hearts' and made them his forever! 
Forever will those pads 'dog' each of your steps Jackie - you and Brian will hear forever the sound of your 'guardian angel' and know that always he is nearby - our fur ones seem to be able to 'weave magic' from near and far...And are definitely 'wise' in ways and realms we can never be...You are again correct in saying they teach so much without a word - 'lessons' that are so tough for us to accept at times...
The bonds formed with the RB forum people are perhaps also due to the 'magic' of our fur ones -knowing how much we need them, and pushing us to find others who are struggling and living with the idea that our pups are off on new adventures for a while without us...'Angelic paws manipulating hearts and souls still maybe?  Thank you Jackie, you and Jim for the support, the kindness and the understanding throughout the years.  It is so hard to believe and accept so much time has gone by - when it seems like just yesterday still...
May your Jim let you know each and everyday he stands with his mum and dad...and when that inexplicable 'whiff of something rotten' crosses your path - you will know without a doubt it is your 'Sunny Jim' smiling from ear to ear as he has found yet another 'attraction' to keep his mum on her toes!
Many, many hugs for you - and Jim too!
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #874 
Hi Cody, and thank you so much for your beautiful post - and how I love that special "new fragrance" of Eau de Jim!  And yes, our little fur one`s do continue to weave their magic - even from as far away as the Rainbow Bridge, and no matter how much time has passed by....     How lucky we were to have shared their lives, and been able to watch them grow from young pups so full of fun, to our best beloved friends and wonderful soul mates, to the older and wiser furry companions we cherish always...    They came and enriched our lives so much, and I think it is only after they have left that we realise just how big the impact they made on us - and still do..     May Jim, Maggee, Kassee and all our other "Bridge family" continue to show us that the bonds we share with them are still growing ever stronger - and may they continue to have endless amounts of fun and games together! 

Big hugs to you Cody  -  your friend, Jackie xx

Reply with quote  #875 
dear Jackie 

just such a beautiful letter to your jim  from the depth of your heart and of course jim knew you were both with him as he crossed the bridge and I know that he watches over you both everyday now just as he did then from that first day he walked into your lives and you are so right they take care  of us so much more then we could ever take care of them as they truly know everything about us so much more then any human ever could as no ones ever going to get as deep into your soul as your furbaby,and of course just such beautiful photos as always of your beautiful boy , hugs to you and your family and most of all jim.

littleguys mom   

Reply with quote  #876 
Hi Pamela, thank you for your lovely post, and yes, our little one`s looked after us more than we ever knew at the time...   I so agree with you too, that they know more about us then anyone - they become so "in tune" to our emotions, and always knew just how we were feeling, whether it be happy or sad.  Jim hated it when I was upset, and would lie quietly next to me with his head resting on my knee or arm - but when I was happy he was ecstatic!   How clever these little furry soul mates were/are! 

Big hugs,   Jackie. xx

Reply with quote  #877 
Jackie 

oh you said it perfectly as they are so in tune to us and know us better then we know our self ,hugs to you and of course Hollywood handsome jim .

littleguys mom 

Reply with quote  #878 
Hello my sweet little Jim - well, Christmas is almost here, the fourth one without you Jim, and we`ll miss you just as much as ever.   You absolutely loved Christmas - it was as if you could sense the excitement in the air, and of course you loved the Christmas tree!   The times we would spot you just staring at it - almost like you were transfixed by the lights, and of course you were such a good little dog, you never once pulled any baubles off it - unlike our cat Ollie who one year climbed up it and sent the whole thing toppling over!     Then there were special presents just for you - doggy selection boxes from my mum and dad and aunty, and toys (especially squeaky one`s which you would demolish within a matter of moments), and maybe a new collar and lead.   We still have all your collars in a special memory box, and the last one you ever wore is on top of your ashes casket, complete with your name and chip tags - how we missed the jingle jangle of your tags as you ran up and down the stairs when you first left for the Bridge...      
   Christmas morning would see you open your presents (they had to be wrapped as you loved ripping the paper off!),  and then the turkey would be cooking and you would sit right in front of the oven willing it to hurry up and be ready so you could sample it first!   We could never have Christmas crackers as you were so scared of the bang they made when pulled  - and even now we won`t have them, just in case you pay us a little visit and you get scared....silly maybe but that`s the way we are.   We still go on one of your favourite walks after the big Christmas lunch, and just sometimes it can seem as if you are still there walking beside us...and who knows?  A little bit of special Christmas magic maybe....? 
  Happy Christmas Jim, and to all the other special fur angels over the Bridge too - may you have a beautiful day filled with lots of fun and games, and hopefully it will snow for you all to roll about in!   We love you so much my little man,  thank you for all those wonderful Christmas`s we shared with you - now go and play, and if we hear the jingle of collar tags, we will know you have called in to say hello... XxXxXx 

PC250875320x260.jpg  PC250877240x320.jpg  Scan0002230x320 (1).jpg  Scan0003280x200.jpg 

Reply with quote  #879 
Hi Jackie, There’s that Hollywood Handsome Jim enjoying all of the delights of Christmas. I love the one of him with the moose on the bed...looking back at the camera as if to say “what is he doing in my spot?”. His expressions are so priceless. He is always a special part of your holidays, from the decorating, to cooking, to enjoying the meals and company of loved ones. I’m sure a little Christmas magic will have him by your side. He knows right where to be for the all the love and fun of your family holiday traditions.

Wishing you, Brian and Jim a very Merry Christmas. May that little collar jingle bring smiles and warmth to you throughout the day.

Your friends, Dawn, Randy and Molly xxx

Reply with quote  #880 
Jackie - I am so sorry I missed your "Jimaversary". Your letter to him had tears streaming down my face, and then I read your Christmas letter to him and oh man, more tears! What a special little man Jim was to everyone who met and loved him. 

I have so enjoyed getting to know Jim over the last year or so and am so glad to have found your friendship here in the forum. It just fills my heart when I read about people who love their animals so much and would do anything for them. Jim was as lucky to find you and Brian as you were to find him. He truly was your "once in a lifetime" dog. 

After all my crying from reading your letters to Jim, I had to go back and revisit this photo:

smiling jim.jpg 

It just makes me smile so widely everytime I see it. I can understand why he had such an effect on people if they got to meet him in person. 

I think it's lovely that you still don't have Christmas crackers. I bet Jim feels quite honoured by that. I'm sure he will take a little break from sneaking on to your Dad's lap for a quick visit with you and Brian this Christmas. 

I wish you a peaceful holiday. Thank you for being such a comfort and kind friend to me this year,
Heather

CKMP

Reply with quote  #881 
Jackie,
Wishing you a Jim filled Christmas...May your holiday be filled with the 'jangle' of dog tags that sound like those silver bells...testimony to the belief that 'each time a bell rings, an angel is near' - Your 'secret agent' Jim - sneaking in to check on you and those wrapped gifts just waiting for the 'great rip off'!  A true, loyal guardian angel is your fur man!  Many hugs for you!
littleguy

Reply with quote  #882 
Jackie 

you Christmas letter to jim is just so beautiful and straight from the heart as it made me think of so many things about my boy and just like yourself with the crackers there are still things I don't do also in case littleguy is near, but just know that your jim walks with you wherever  you go as the closeness that you shared will last forever and im sure he finds his own way of showing you always ,merry Christmas to all of you and of course your Hollywood handsome jim just having a ball at the bridge with all his friends .hugs to you my friend .

littleguys mom 

Reply with quote  #883 
Hi Dawn, Heather, Cody and Pamela - thank you for your wonderful posts here on Jim`s thread, and I sincerely hope you all had a lovely Christmas filled with many little signs from Molly, Norm, Maggee, Kassee and Littleguy.     Christmas is such a special time, and of course we can find ourselves looking back to past times when we had our beautiful babies with us - but I`m sure such wonderful memories can also bring a smile too, as well as tears....     I`ve no doubt our little one`s enjoyed a fun filled Christmas Day over the Bridge - from presents and treats, to a slap up turkey lunch followed by an afternoon nap before an evening full of games and even more treats!   I just wish we could be allowed a "sneaky peek" at them all having such fun...         

Wishing you all a Very Happy New Year,  and may you each continue to feel your fur angels beside you always - they remain our best ever little friends.

Big hugs,   Jackie xx

Reply with quote  #884 
Hi Jackie!
Such a sweet Christmas letter to Jim! I’m sure it made him flash his famous smile. 😁
I always enjoy his pictures but my favorite Christmas picture has to be of Jim sitting on the bed with the large moose and his expression is priceless! It always makes me smile!
Happy New Year to you and Brian! May 2019 bring you many moments of love, laughter and happy memories of your beautiful boy, Jim! 🎉
Your Cdn Sis, MJ
Xxx
PeanutWee

Reply with quote  #885 
Oh gosh Jackie, the look on Jim’s face with the moose in the bed makes me chuckle. What a sweet blessing he was and always will be. I understand about the crackers as there are things I don’t do too in case Peanut is near. There are also things I can’t do and things I must do, but I think that there is understanding here in this beautiful forum. Thank you Jackie.

Wishing you and Brian much peace and more smiles than tears this coming new year. Handsome Jim will always find a way to let you know he is with you.

Hugs,
Peanut’s Mom

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.