Forum

Author   Comment   Page 58 of 64     «   Prev   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   Next   »
Molly_Beagle_Mom_4ever

Reply with quote  #856 
Hi Jackie, just love those photos! The one of Jim hanging over the back of the sofa looking out the window is so funny. He’s relaxed but keeping watch out for any excitement that may come his way. And that Disney Dog smile is always one of my favorites. Jim was always ready for the camera with a great pose and a smile on his face.

Molly had a fear of fireworks, too. We tried our best to muffle the noise with her blankets, but she shook like a leaf. The last couple years as her hearing failed were much less fearful of noises, so we said that God took her hearing so she could enjoy some relaxing peace and quiet. We always want them as comfortable as they can be, as they make life so special for us.

Sending you, Brian and Jim lots of hugs along with wishes for many precious Jim signs so you feel him right with you.

Your friends, Dawn, Randy and Molly xxx

Reply with quote  #857 
Hi Don and Dawn,  thank you for your lovely words, as always.   Don, I`m sure Bella will have helped Jim to get over his fear of fireworks - and hopefully he can now sit back and enjoy them with all the "Rainbow babies"!    And I love that you remembered that stinky ride home in the car after he decided to roll in that smelly old goat carcass that had washed up on the beach!  I`ve never smelt anything quite as revolting since....although Brians socks after a hard day in work can be eye watering sometimes...   Even Jim used to turn away when Brian took his work boots off....! 

Dawn, so poor little Molly was scared too, there really is nothing worse than seeing them so frightened and not being able to take that fear away.  It was a blessing when Jim lost his hearing, but he still seemed "aware" that things were happening, and he just wouldn`t settle.  At least Bella will have helped both Molly and Jim to overcome their fear, and hopefully they can now enjoy themselves with all their friends! 

Big hugs,   your friend Jackie xx

Reply with quote  #858 
Hi Jackie,

Thank you for your lovely post on Bailey’s thread. Such warm and comforting words from my English Sis!
My relationship with Bailey was so very similar to yours with Jim. I also can’t imagine what Jim went through as a little puppy, having someone cut off his tail! 😢 I will never understand it either Jackie how anyone can be so cruel to defenceless animals but Jim so deserved all the love and the beautiful life that you and Brian gave him. He ended up being such a lucky and happy dog. Love that nickname: Sunny Jim! Jim always appears to be smiling and his beautiful brown eyes shine with such happiness! He knew he had struck gold when he became a part of your world. It’s right there in every picture!
I agree 100% about fireworks - poor Jim had such a difficult time as did Bailey. They really are dangerous to our 4 legged friends, as they don’t know what is happening, and seeing them so terrified is heartbreaking.

I understand when you say that you were devastated coming to the forum but I think you are right when you say that Jim and Bailey had a paw in bringing their moms together even though we are literally oceans apart. I always enjoy our chats on Messenger - and your sense of humour! I can only imagine how Jim and Bailey enjoy seeing us chatting and laughing! It’s nice to think that something good can some from so much heartbreak. I really value our friendship too Jackie.

Thank you for sharing more pics of your Hollywood handsome boy! Looking at his sunny face makes my heart smile! 💖

Many hugs Jackie!
Charlie sends kisses to his English auntie! 😘
MJ & Charlie (& forever Bailey 🌟)
Bailey15

Reply with quote  #859 
Hi Jackie,
Just popping by to wish you and Brian a wonderful weekend! I know that your handsome boy is never far from your thoughts, and from your heart, so I am wishing for you both some signs from “Sunny Jim” to add more cheer to your weekend. So happy you liked the picture of your Canadian nephew!
Big hugs back to you my English Sis!
Chat soon, MJ 🤗Xxx

littleguy

Reply with quote  #860 
hi Jackie 

thanks for stopping by to say hi to my littleguy and those last photos you posted of jim are once again priceless as he has such a different look in all three ,one of comfort ,one of happiness and one to me almost looks like his mischevious side was going to come out but im sure your boy only ever brought out the sweet side in front of his mom and just know jim is always close to your side and never more then a thought or heartbeat away .hugs to jim and you from myself and littleguy .

littleguys mom  

Reply with quote  #861 
Hi Jackie,
Just wanted to thank you so much for your wonderful words and support on Maggee and Kassee's thread.  And of course to comment on the just absolutely downright great photos of your "Sunny Jim" aka "Hollywood Handsome Jim" aka "Secret Agent Pup".  He is so very photogenic - and his expressions - well, a thousand words could be written - from his 'goofy, loveable' smile that seems to say "Yes, I did it!" to the relaxed but always on the 'watch' pose, to the serene expression of love and contentment, he is truly such a personality.  Rest assured Jackie - fireworks are now only beautiful colours within the sky for our fur ones, no noise now to frighten and terrify.  All memories of rocky beginnings and of hurts by cruel ones are lost as Jim knows only his beautiful mum's and dad's love, care and protection.  He is surrounded by new friends, companionship and busy escapades practising those 'stealthy moves'.  [Lead no doubt by Bella and eagerly taken up by Bailey!]
You and MJ are so right about the depth of grief and sorrow - the hurt that brought us to the forum...a search for something, for someone who would listen, who would be a 'safe' witness to our turmoil.  Through the months, the years we have come to 'know' one another and know our special fur ones - and perhaps indeed those fur ones manipulated, maneuvered and 'pushed' to bring about 'must-be' relationships and new friends.  Within our worst time we found the best of one another...Our special fur ones live within the lives and hearts of so many...Fur angels must be behind this...as only they know how to 'wrangle' a pet, a kind word, attention and then even more attention and how to take care of their mums and dads.

Time seems to move on, and no matter how much time we are without it is those days together that define and shape our memories, that give a touch of 'lightness' to aching hearts and bring 'smiles' within the warmth of tears.  I wish for you days filled with 'Sunny' moments always and may the warmth of the love from your Guardian Angel Jim give that extra strength on those 'colder days' when the tears come.  He is always with you, always listening and always yours.  Many hugs for you Jackie.  And many thanks.
Chinadoll

Reply with quote  #862 
Hi Jackie, just stopping in to wish you happy holidays and hope all is going well. I went back and read some posts that I had missed, you crack me up, which is a good thing, brings smiles and I can love when that happens. So you think Brian's socks smell worse than an old goat carcass, LOL. If you don't mind I would like to use that phrase in the future, I know there will come a time when I could and it is a good one! Blessings to you and Brian, and your handsome fur angel Jim.

Reply with quote  #863 
Charlie, you are most welcome to use that phrase!!  Jim made us laugh in that he thought nothing of rolling around in every rotten old fish he could find on the beach, and that stinky goat carcass...!!   He had another favourite walk along an old disused railway line which goes through some beautiful countryside and farmland, but this particular time we noticed - or rather inhaled  - a very unpleasant smell, and realised the farmer had been "muck - spreading" his fields. Off course by the time we realised, Jim was to be found in raptures, rolling around in said muck, totally ignoring our calls for him to come back to us...    In retrospect, he probably thought Christmas had come early - to him the aroma of fresh muck was akin to Chanel no 5 to me!    I do remember that the smell lingered on him for days, even after numerous baths - but no matter what, he made us smile so much with his quirky little ways - and of course he has left us with so many happy memories - albeit smelly one`s!

Jackie xx  

Reply with quote  #864 
Three years ago tomorrow, we had to say goodbye to our little soul mate and best ever friend Jim.  As many of you here know, we adopted Jim from our local animal sanctuary at the age of 4 months, and we were lucky enough to spend the next 17 years with the kindest and funniest little dog you could wish to meet - but at the very start he was a very shy and timid little pup.  He had been abandoned at a vets along with his mum and sister, and Jim had had most of his tail cut off by some evil "person" - plus he had had intestinal problems, so he found a temporary home with a lovely lady who became his foster mum until he was well enough to be put up for adoption, and we were the lucky one`s chosen to give him a loving forever home!    He came to us still rather thin, and would only eat chicken and rice (which was to become his lifelong favourite - along with whatever we were eating),  but soon began to put on weight, and then his sweet little personality really started to shine through!        He formed a fantastic bond with my Dad, who along with my Mum looked after Jim while I and my husband were at work, and when, 10 years later my Dad suddenly passed away, Jim grieved so much for him - looking for him each day out of the window at the exact time Dad would come to pick him up - it was heartbreaking to see, and proved to us that dogs really mourn when their loved one`s pass away...

We had such a great life with Jim - even though we had had dogs before, there was just that little something else about him...a special bond that we call that "Once in a lifetime" dog, and I suppose with never having had children, he filled that gap in our lives.  I have so many memories of him, and I have posted quite a few of them on here - but the thing both my husband and myself remember is his gentleness, and the way he understood us completely!   I have read so many times about how we thought we were taking care of our dogs - but the reality is they were the ones looking after us.  They teach us so many things, from enjoying the simple pleasures in life such as running through the autumn leaves, to splashing around in the sea - all things that cost nothing other than living in the moment - to just that pure unconditional love....    I think only a dog can look at you with such peace and contentment that you can actually feel your heart swell with love back for them!     

Looking back over the last 3 years I think Jim made me a better person, and I know for certain that those 17 years spent with him were the best years ever.   Every day with him brought smiles unlimited, and not just for me and Brian, but to so many family and friends who also loved him so much - and it goes without saying that the day we lost him was the worse day of our lives, and something I don`t think we`ll ever fully get over...     Of course, time has done its job of making us able to accept and move onwards - and be able to look back with plenty more smiles than tears, and a lot of that comes from finding this forum and connecting with so many lovely people who are always ready to reach out to others coming here for the first time.. and so I would like to say a huge thank you to every one of you, and I hope we always will remain friends. 

Jim, we can`t believe so much time has passed since we held you that last time - I hope you knew we were both right there with you as you crossed the Bridge.   You brought so much love and joy into our lives, and we loved you so, so much  - you brightened every day with your fun loving and quirky little ways!   For months after you left I could " hear you", and even Brian who normally doesn`t hold with anything remotely "unworldly" had to admit that yes, even he had heard your pawsteps running up the stairs more than once.
 You are still talked about by so many - from all our old dog walking friends to our neighbours, but most of all mum, who still misses you so much...   I know we will see you again Jim - that bond we 3 shared is too strong to ever be broken - but until then, enjoy every day over the Bridge with all your little friends both old and new.  Make every day a Happy Jim day, and know that while you are missed so very much, you are loved so much more.    Goodnight my handsome boy, and thank you for all those wonderful years. xxxx

Scan0001300x200.jpg  P1290042300x230.jpg  P7190358240x320.jpg  Scan0001300x220.jpg  PC180258240x310.jpg  PC180261240x310.jpg  PC250875320x260.jpg 005300x220320x230.jpg  Scan0001280x180.jpg 

Reply with quote  #865 

Oh Jackie~

Such a wonderful tribute & a deep & true, heart & soul message to Jim. I've been away to the RB forum & wanted to begin replying to all of you amazing people. But my own heart feels your words too well. It really is so hard to 'measure' time especially when our emotions can overwhelm us.

So tomorrow & each day, I will be thinking of you, Brian & of course your Disney Dog, Lovely Jim, Hollywood Handsome Jim, whatever you call your awesome boy. Jimmy was & will always be loved, forever & forever. And so many people here, and throughout his travels, have fallen in love with your man-- those majestic eyes! We will all be thinking of you on this, the 3rd anniversary of Jim crossing the Rainbow Bridge. I hope that Jim can send you some extra special signs that he is still right there with you. He may be busy welcoming so many new friends @ the RB, but he is always a breath away. Even when you close your eyes,  whether taking a snooze on the couch, or sleeping tonite & having a 'feels so real' dream, Jimmy is right there...snuggled beside you. His love will always keep you warm. Seeing the picture of Jim laying across you is so very special:-)

Sending you lots of smiles & 'bug hugs' too!
Kasey

Molly_Beagle_Mom_4ever

Reply with quote  #866 
Hi Jackie, It’s always heartwarming to learn how our precious little ones find their way into our lives, how they choose the perfect pet parents and make life so complete. Even through rough beginnings, they know how to teach love and give it back so many times over. No matter if three days, weeks, months, years or decades have gone by, they are such a beautiful part of us that will always cause a twinge of sorrow for what we miss, yet take our breath away for what we continue to gain from them. We are truly blessed with the friends we’ve made here on the forum, brought together by our soulmates as they have joined together as well and are having such fun.

Wishing you many signs from Hollywood Handsome Jim on this mark of three years, as he nudges you to show you he’s always with you and your bond grows stronger along the way. Big hugs to you and Jim from your forever friends,

Dawn and Molly xxx

Reply with quote  #867 
Hi Jackie, it seems like it was yesterday.........that we were both on these forums, posting on eachothers threads.............and yes, where did these 3 years go by?? I know your Jim is always on your mind and in your heart. I am thankful that you rescued this lil' love and gave him 17 wonderful years of life, he didn't know what "life" was supposed to be like, til you rescued him, or did he rescue you..lol....And yes, I am sure he holds a true place in your heart and he is that special one.

And your Hollywood Handsome Jim has earned his name here on this forum!! look at all the beautiful pics you posted, he is so photogenic and with the pic w/the snowman, hes wondering "who is this big fellow in front of me".....I love all the pics you post, each one is different and unique, and funny how he has the sunglasses on, and yes, that is our Hollywood Handsome Jim.

I hope your boy shows you signs today and lets you know that he has never left you, you are all connected thru the soul and will be til your time is ready to meet your boy again.

On this day, I wish you peace and maybe even a few smiles, for all the thousands of memories this boy Jim has brought into your life, he is one in a million.

(((((Hugs your way, my friend)))))))

Cam

Chinadoll

Reply with quote  #868 
Dear Jackie, such a wonderful post to your Jim. As Dawn said I do love to hear the stories of how our little fur angels came into our lives. I always will believe it is never an accident, they have a purpose, they come to us by divine means. The impact Jim made on your and Brian's life has grown over the years, even more so than we think. When they leave this physical realm, the wonderful changes they made in our life just continues to blossom, it doesn't fade, it grows stronger every day. I know of very little that can make these profound and beautiful changes in our lives. The love our fur angels bring into our lives is not measurable, because it has no end, no limits, even the 'passing' cannot impose a limit. It is forever, growing deeper each year, stronger, this is the 'gift' they leave.

You mentioned 'chicken and rice', this was our 'go to' food for little Nicky. It brought back so many memories. It was the staple in those early years as he tried to grow and strengthen his little body, and it was the there in his final year to help him to the end. There were times that this was the only food he would eat, hand fed, to help him through difficult times.

The pictures are just wonderful. My favorite one is Jim laying in your lap, so so sweet, but I truly love Jim with the shades lying in the lounge chair, how cool he looks! Thank you for sharing this day with us here, may you have many beautiful memories today and a comfort knowing Jim is always with you and Brian, eternally. Blessings to all of you.

Reply with quote  #869 
Hi Jackie, a beautiful tribute on Jim’s three years at rainbow bridge. You and Brian gave Jim such a sweet life, and he made those years your “best ever”. I very much relate to Jim’s favorite, chicken and rice, as when I don’t feel well my husband makes a special potato soup for me which became my favorite - there’s so much love in it...I imagine that chicken and rice was extra special like that for Jim.

The photo’s of your handsome Jim, he looks so sweet that I can’t picture him rolling around in stinky stuff...oh my, what wonderful and precious memories you have of your boy. I can’t thank you enough for sharing with us...I can’t guess how many you and Jim have comforted as your sharing and telling us of Jim gently brings to mind our own memories...and also for your supportive words, thank you.

Like others have written, I think the photo of you and Jim is the sweetest. Wishing you warmth and love...many hugs,
Peanut’s Mom

jimmy17

Reply with quote  #870 
Kasey, Dawn, Cam, Charlie and Peanut`s Mom, thank you for your beautiful words on this 3rd year marker of Jim`s passing over to the Bridge ( and Don and Cody for your wonderful messages also).   Its been a sad day - and strangely enough it seems to have hit a lot harder than last year, though I`m not sure why - maybe just getting older I guess...     However, I have felt that Jim is very close to home today, I can almost "see" him stretched out on the rug in front of the fire - and how he loved the warmth, be it lying on the sun lounger on a hot sunny day, or loving the heat from the fire on his back!     I will get back to you all on your own threads, but I just wanted to say a big thank you for "being there" for both Brian and I today - and we will be raising a toast shortly to Jim and all of your precious babies too - Lucy, Molly, Daizy, Munki, Jemma, China, Nicky, Noel, Peanut, Bella, Maggee and Kassee. May you all run free over the Bridge, having endless fun and games - but most of all, know that you are all so very missed, but loved so very,very much..

Big hugs,  Jackie, Brian & Jim xxx Scan0013230x320220x310.jpg 

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.