Forum

Author   Comment   Page 56 of 64     «   Prev   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   Next   »
CKMP

Reply with quote  #826 
Hi Jackie, 
Thank you so much for your kind words and your timeless understanding.  I feel so lucky yes to have had Maggee and Kassee to share life with, as I know you feel about your Jim.  I also feel so lucky to have been able to share them with you and others - to let them 'live on' - to make sure they are not forgotten.

I wonder if there is a 'state' that we drift into - not sleep, not awake but somewhere in between where our pups can so easily slip into our 'sphere'?  A state where our logical minds are no longer in 'charge' and so other realms are open?  Knowing your Jim, and his 'secret-agent pup' moves he would be able to slip in beside you so quickly and silently - you feel him because he is there.  Those LOUD WOOFS can be heard and probably more so felt...His presence is forever - your guardian angel.  May each day bring you more and more signs from your 'stealthy' Hollywood Handsome Jim - your forever special boy.
Many hugs for you.
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #827 
Hello my handsome little Jim!  Well Jim, its almost 33 months since you crossed the Bridge to start your new journey, and while I know you have made so many new friends, I am certain you still watch over your family back down here.   You have sent so many little signs and smells that can only be you letting us know that even while you may no longer be here physically, it is still possible to stay connected with us.  To some people, that may sound far fetched - and Brian for one never had any time for anything remotely "other worldly", but even he has to agree that so many things have happened that have no other explanation!      Every now and then there is such a strong sense of "you",  and with it comes mixed feelings - happiness for those wonderful years we shared with you, but also sadness that we`ll never get to see you again in this life...           Its been very much like autumn the last few days Jim,  cooler days and darkening nights, and already we have lots of leaves on the ground - so of course lots of good memories of you jumping through the leaves! I loved it when you would try to catch a leaf and the wind would carry it just that little bit further - and how you would shake it to bits when you finally caught up with it!      Dogs can have the greatest of fun with such simple things - pine cones were another favourite of yours, and as for seaweed...!!      We still have most of your toys Jim, although our neighbours dog Archie laid claim to a few when we have looked after him - but I`m sure you wouldn`t mind as you liked him a lot - even though you were very old when he first arrived next door, you were so gentle with him as he tried to make you play with him!   We used to laugh and say you were like a Grandpa with a lively little Grandson...         Anyways Jim, stay happy over the Bridge - try and catch a falling leaf or two, and keep on "checking in" with us...    You were and remain our best ever little friend, and we still miss you so much...  Xxxxx P7190358240x320 (1).jpg  Scan0004300x210.jpg  Scan0005200x290.jpg  Scan0003300x230.jpg 

Reply with quote  #828 
Hi Jackie, I always look forward to your posts and photos of Hollywood handsome Jim! That smile is so contagious, always the happiest boy and I’m sure with the happiest parents. It’s amazing how powerful those signs of love are...enough to completely change our way of thinking and believing. The strength of love and friendship with our little soulmates conquers all. It does take time for us to realize we will make it through, and the waves can sometimes crash again, but we are so fortunate to have such shining lights to guide us along the way.

Jackie, thank you for always being an amazing friend and for sharing Sunny Jim with us. Our lives are so much richer and enlightened by the love of each of the fur children we have the pleasure of knowing. Lots of hugs to you, Brian and Jim.

Dawn, Randy and Molly xxxx

Reply with quote  #829 
Jackie,
How time does go by!  And yet too as we always say, stands still as well.   What wonderful photos of your boy!  His smile is the absolute best!  
Never doubt, your 'secret agent' is checking on you two...and in his capable and so 'silent' paws he is able to make 'magic' happen - just his little reminders he is nearby.  
Jim is off chasing pine cones, tossing them into great big piles of leaves and then diving in to retrieve them!  With lots of naps in the autumn sunshine and maybe even some 'puppy sitting' duties...as Hollywood Handsome 'Grandpa' Jim...
May you feel the love and warmth of your boy's touch upon your heart and within your soul each day Jackie...and never doubt those inexplicable 'things' are the work of a very special and devoted guardian angel.
Many hugs.
littleguy

Reply with quote  #830 
Jackie 

thank you for  the kind words on littleguys thread as always you have been a blessing for so many on this forum and as you already know jim is always near as just because our babies go to the bridge doesn't mean they leave us as they will always find a way to let us know there near us and in some ways protecting us as they are fully aware of how much we still need them at times to just make it through another day until we meet up with them again and love that strong never leaves , also once again the most beautiful pictures of Hollywood handsome jim , hugs to jim and you .

littleguys mom 

Reply with quote  #831 
Oh Jackie, more beautiful photos of your Hollywood Handsome Jim, I can never get enough of seeing his wonderful face. 
I'm sure "grandpa" Jim doesn't mind one bit that Archie is playing with his toys, I bet your Jim is right there with Archie, showing Archie his favorites and telling him all about the first time he got certain toys and the best ways to play with them, a true "grandpa" in the sense that Jim is passing on his wealth of knowledge to the next generation, even from afar.

I love that Jim sent you a message with those feathers, isn't it so amazing how they can time their messages so we get them. Oh how I smiled with how innocent Jim "scared" others with his big bark, and how Jim would stealthily hide behind the curtains so he could watch and protect his home while making sure he wasn't seen is so great, a true "spy", Jim living up to his 007 personality.

Thank you again for the wonderful postcard, yes, it did take a while to get here, but it arrived at the perfect time, bringing a much needed smile to my face as well as a huge comfort, interesting though how it arrived on a Wednesday of all days, I think that was the comfort part. YES!!! I would love another one when you go away again, I do love postcards and as I shared with you, I love collecting them, have been doing so for a long time, I love seeing the different stamps from all around the world, the one you sent holds a special place in my collection.
For the next one, maybe you could use this company to deliver it, I bet this guy gets it here a lot quicker, that is if he isn't busy chasing leaves, (I'm smiled broadly with how you describe Jim chasing and finally catching the leaf).

Image result for jim's delivery logos
Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos of your handsome Jim with us here, I love the soulful look in his eyes and face, such a handsome boy.
I will be sure to kick some piles of leaves in Jim's honour when fall comes around, I'm sure the neighbours will be giving me the "look" when I do so and probably thinking, "What the heck is wrong with that guy???"
Sending my biggest wishes for such peace, love and healing to always find your and Brian's hearts, may you always, always know and feel the warmth of Jim's love surround you each and every day.

Your Friend Always, Don
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #832 
Hi Pamela,  I do believe you are right in that our little one`s protect us at times when we need them the most.  There are times when I just know that Jim is around - a sense of if I turned around fast enough I would manage to get just the tiniest glimpse of him....     When we were away in Scotland, we spotted a little dog that was almost identical to Jim, and it gave me the strangest of feelings - happy and sad at the same time.. but yes, I think they instinctively "know" when to send a little sign..

Hi Don - and so lovely to have our friend back!!   Hope you are feeling better - we have missed you, and of course missed all your wonderful Bella stories - though I do know she will have been taking extra special care of her Dad!   Next time we are away I will be sure to use Jim`s Delivery Service to forward your postcard - that certainly brought a big smile to both Brian and I !!  I may also use it to send my Christmas cards this year as I`m sure Jim will give me a discount....

Your friend,  Jackie xx

Reply with quote  #833 
Hi Jackie,
I just saw your latest pictures of your handsome boy. Jim was so very photogenic. It's almost as if he wanted to repay you and Brian for the happy life you gave him by leaving you with such beautiful remembrances. I especially love the pictures of Jim standing in the fall leaves. Bailey loved to run and play in the leaves as well. Hopefully they have found many leaves to play in over the bridge! πŸ‚πŸ‚
It has still been quite warm here Jackie. We were swimming today. I hope you and Brian are enjoying these last days of summer.
Many hugs from your Canadian Sis,
MJ (& Charlie too! πŸΆπŸ€—)
normsmom

Reply with quote  #834 

Hi Jackie,

I always love reading your messages to your beautiful Jim. Your love for him is so clear with every word, and I can always picture the memory you describe so vividly - this time I can see Jim chasing that leaf and shaking it wildly in victory when he finally caught it! πŸ˜‰ I'm like Brian, never one for signs and other-worldly things before, but there are some things that have happened since Norm passed that feel very strongly like a sign. I have a set of five battery-operated candles next to Norm's ashes, and they have a remote control. Originally I just had two candles there, one for Norm and one for my Dad. Then I added three more to "fill out" the grouping. No matter how many times I change the batteries, or in what order, or how many times I change the preset "burning" time on the remote, Norm's candle ALWAYS comes alive before the other ones. 

I love the photo of Jim in the leaves. He looks so happy and comfortable. Wishing you many fall memories of your handsome man. I know they will be bittersweet, and I hope that as more time passes they become more sweet and soft. 

Your friend,

Heather

jimmy17

Reply with quote  #835 
Hello my lovely Jim, and thank you for all the wonderful signs that you continue to send to us!  Well Jim, it really is "full on" autumn now, it has been quite chilly - and you would most definitely have had to have your coat on when going on our walks, although you hated that coat when we first bought it for you!  How you struggled when we tried to fasten it under your belly, then you put a bit of weight on and mum made an extending piece which we could adjust to your size.    We have kept that coat - in fact you wore it the last time the day before you had to leave, but by that time you had lost so much weight it was hanging off you, and I think both Brian and I knew you were getting ready to say goodbye...   

Our neighbour Mary moved over the weekend, taking your little friend Archie ( and how we are going to miss them both), but the lady who has moved in also has a dog, a Shih Tzu named Layla!  Now, I really don`t know what you would have thought about this Jim, as Layla is only 3 years old - but you were always a gentleman with the ladies so I guess you would have been quite happy...        Mum still talks about you all the time Jim, and last week she took pics of you to her "senior club", and told me that everyone thought you were one very handsome dog - so your fan club continues to grow!     

Keep on having lots of fun over the Bridge, and if the weather gets a little chilly, make sure you wear a coat - no trying to shake it off...!!    We love and miss you so much my special little man. XXXX
P1020019300x259 (1).jpg  Scan0003300x260.jpg 

Reply with quote  #836 
Hi Jackie,
More wonderful pictures of your precious Jim! He really was such a handsome dude! 😁

Your story about Jim's coat really resonated with me, Jackie. I remember that last fall (2015) and Bailey's jacket was becoming so loose. I do think that somewhere in the back of our minds we know but it's so difficult to actually have our brains accept that their time with us might be growing shorter. πŸ˜”

I'm sorry to hear that Mary (and Archie) moved. I know how fond you are of Archie! One of my best friends, and her rescue dog, Keiko, just moved away on Friday. Charlie and Keiko were best buds so we will be missing them as well. I guess the only thing we can really count on in life is change. I think you will enjoy Layla however ~ something about those Shih tzus! Lol!

It's so nice that your mum showed pictures of Jim to her seniors club. I'm sure it made their day seeing Jim's beautiful face! πŸ’™

It's cooler here as well Jackie but much nicer for walking Charlie - just heading out for a walk with him now! He says to send lots of kisses to his English Auntie!!
Many hugs as well, MJ πŸ€—

Molly_Beagle_Mom_4ever

Reply with quote  #837 
Hi Jackie, I always look forward to your photos of Jim. That handsome boy never disappoints. Such a gentleman. I love that your Mum added a piece to his coat so it would fit. That’s so adorable! A boy has to enjoy his snacks, and maybe nobody will notice those extra few inches :)

I’m sure Jim will be very kind to Layla as she adjusts to the neighborhood. So sorry that Mary and Archie moved away, but I’m sure Jim will keep tabs on them, too. Lots of hugs to you and Jim from Molly and me.

Dawn

Reply with quote  #838 
Hi MJ and Dawn - thank you both for your lovely posts!   MJ, you are so right  -  I think looking back that we probably knew Jim`s time with us was limited for the last 6 months or so. He seemed to suddenly age overnight, and as you know he had a few health issues too, but as he always "bounced back" a little part of me thought he always would....  I guess we just don`t like being faced with reality..      How strange that you have also had a good friend and her dog move away - Mary was our neighbour for 24 years, and she adopted Archie 5 years ago, so we are missing them both so much right now.   She is moving 300 miles away, so no popping in to see her - although we will make a detour on one of our holiday breaks to see them both! 

Dawn, I took Layla for a walk today as our new neighbour is at work for a couple of hours, and she was lovely! After being warned that she pulled on her lead, I found her to be so good - although as she gets to know me more she may well revert to old habits!  Unless of course, Jim may have been right there beside us guiding Layla along.....

Hugs,  Jackie xx

Reply with quote  #839 
Oh my goodness Jackie, is the photo of Jim so adorable, look at that sweet innocent face.....and the way Jim has his paws crossed in the other photo, he is such a distinguished gentleman, what great photos and such contrasts in the two of them.
I was so touched to read that your Mum talks about Jim still and that she took photos of Hollywood Handsome Jim to share at the senior club with her friends and Jim's fans, that truly touched my heart to read that. Other than Vera (and here), no one talks about Bella anymore, and when I start to talk about her, the subject is quickly changed, I can't tell you how much that hurts. So I am happy to hear your Mum shares Jim with her friends, they were (and still are) an important part of our lives, and they should always be honoured that way.

The neighbour's leaves are starting to pile up, I have been keeping an eye open for when he rakes them, and I think he has been keeping an eye on me keeping an eye on his leaves......whew!!! did that make sense???
I'll have to find a creative way to kick them when he isn't watching, I'm sure Jim will have a good chuckle when I do so in his honour.
Sorry to hear Archie moved away, sounds like Layla is a little cutie, and you even got to walk her already, that is so wonderful. I couldn't help but think that maybe Jim AND Bailey were involved in choosing your new neighbour, I mean after all, a Shih Tzu....

It's Thanksgiving here this weekend, I remember you mentioned one time how you wished you had one there, so in honour of you as our British sister, I would like to wish you, Brian and your family a Happy Thanksgiving. It's not too late to cook up a nice meal and be sure to tell Brian to hoist one to our babies. I give thanks for this wonderful forum and all the friendships I have made from here, of course I give thanks to a special little girl, one who made me laugh each and every day.

Cheers to Jim, Bella and all their friends and especially cheers to you Jackie, thank you for all you have done for me here.

Happy Thanksgiving my dear friend, from our heart and home to yours, your friend always, Don, Vera and forever little Bella xo
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #840 
Hi Don, thank you so much for your post - and the thought of you and your neighbour eyeing up those leaves brought a big smile!!   As you know, Jim just loved running through the leaves, especially on a windy day - to see him getting so much joy from a flyaway leaf made Brian and I so happy too!!  Such innocent fun, and remembering times like this is a bit like the proverbial "double edged sword"  - while I love these wonderful memories, they can also make me sad knowing that`s all they are now - just memories.      It saddens me to know that no one apart from Vera and your friends here on the forum talks about little Bella any more - and I know just how upsetting that must be for you.  The same thing has happened to us a few times when we mention Jim, and you can sort of tell people are eager to get off the subject...   Anyway, at least we have this forum to share memories of our best ever little one`s,  and it is a wonderful way to keep them alive.  Have a wonderful week Don, and give Vera our very best wishes!

Your friends,  Jackie & Brian xx

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.