Forum

Author   Comment   Page 54 of 64     «   Prev   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   Next   »
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #796 
Hello my handsome little Jim - hope you are having lots of summer fun over the Bridge - although I`m hoping its not quite as hot as it is here in the UK.  It is been almost unbearable some days, and that tower fan we bought for you a couple of years back has been such a blessing!!   Somehow, I don`t think you were all that impressed by that fan - no sooner would we get it in position for you to get the full benefit of the lovely cool air, then you would get up and go find yourself another sunny warm spot to lie in.   You were such a sun worshipper!  Our previous 2 dogs, Jet and Midge, absolutely hated the hot weather and would be very lethargic, so we assumed you would be the same.  How wrong we were!  

Well Jim, the football world cup is on at the moment, and England are doing very well - but once again it brings back so many memories to the last world cup back in 2014, and how things have changed so much.  You were still here with us that summer, and although you were almost 16 years old, you were still remarkably fit and well - still enjoying your walks, and I always loved it when people would ask me how old you were and seeing the look of disbelief when I told them!  I was so proud of you Jim, you were such a happy little dog, and never had a bad bone in your little body.  Although the following summer turned out to be your last one - and you had slowed down so much by then, you still found life so interesting, still giving us so much love and pure joy.  By then, we had kind on become your "carers", making sure the medication went down,  trying to tempt you with all kinds of food to get you to eat, and getting up no end of times during the night for you to go outside - but compared to what you had given us for 17+ years, we would have done absolutely anything for you Jim.    Anyways, I don`t really like dwelling on those last few weeks - and instead remember you for the fun loving, cheeky and adorable little ball of happy energy you were for all the time you were with us!       Run free and happy with all your friends Jim - all young and healthy once more... play happily in the sunshine, and rest under the beautiful leafy green trees when you need a little nap to recharge those batteries!    Love you forever my little tan man. xxx P7190358240x320.jpg  Scan0003300x220.jpg  P2090429300x230.jpg 

Reply with quote  #797 
Hi Jackie, Little Tan Man...I love it! Jim always looks so studious, so sure of himself, and of course so happy. I remember those slower days so we’ll, too...they were gradual, but looking back I can see the difference that we didn’t really realize at the time. Jim soaking up the warmth probably helped keep him limber and rested for all the adventures he shared with you. He still shares your lives and will always be your best little friend. I think we will continue to learn so many things from our babies forever as they visit us in the most unique ways and guide us on this journey. Unconditional love can’t ever fade, it grows and grows.

Wishing you, Brian and Jim a beautiful week filled with summer fun and more laughs along the way. Lots of hugs to you all.

Dawn, Randy and Molly

Reply with quote  #798 
Hi Jackie, 

Just popping in to say hello and to read the latest Jim memories. I know what you mean about being willing to do anything for them after all they do for us in their (too short) lifetimes. I love reading your messages to Jim. They are so filled with love and warmth, and I can picture all his funny antics as you re-tell them. He was truly a one of a kind boy, and it is no surprise that you still miss him so much and think of him so often. I especially loved how much pride is in your recent message. You were so proud of his goodness and kindness, especially after his rough start. So proud of his curiosity and ability to derive such pleasure from such simple things. He taught you (and continues to teach you) so much. What a special little guy. 

I hope the heatwave has passed somewhat since you write your note a few days ago. Or else you and Brian might have to get one of those kiddie pools and start splashing each other! Jim would approve. ;)
MyBella

Reply with quote  #799 
Hi Jackie,

More awesome photos of your Hollywood Handsome Jim, I like the one with Jim in bed so comfy with his head on the pillow, he has that look of "what do you mean it's time to get up??...." I could see how tempting it would be for you to just snuggle right in with your handsome boy and sleep the day away, but then you would miss all the fun Jim would lead you into for that day.....

Jim had a great time at the party, as you may already know, he was in charge of the fun and games part, of course that involved a nice big pool for everyone to cool off in.
Loungers were set up all around the pool for everyone to laze in while soaking up the sunshine, sunglasses were handed out courtesy of Jim. Speaking of soaking, Jim was up to his old tricks, making sure to kick his legs just right so that the water "accidentally" splashed those lazing in the sun. 
As those who got wet slightly complained to Jim, Jim quickly apologized, while ensuring every one, "don't worry....it's only pool water.....I swear....."
This brought eww's along with laughter and giggles from everyone....that Jim.....

Thank you for your wishes and especially your friendship, I so truly appreciate both so much.
Give my best to Brian, let him know he is thought of often. I will be sure to raise a glass today to your handsome Jim, along to our friendship.
Wishing such peace, love and healing to always find that wonderful heart of yours. May you always know and feel your Jim's loving paws embrace you each and every day.

Your Friend Always, Don

CKMP

Reply with quote  #800 
Hi Jackie,
Always so wonderful to see the photos of your Jim!  Isn't it so true, those slower days of our pups creep up on us and them...and perhaps we too often think of these days because we go over and over what we did and in that context what we maybe might have, should have, could have done...But those slower days filled with meds and the creative menus to entice and cajole eating are not the way our pups would want themselves to be remembered...You are so right, it is their love for life and for their oh so unique antics that we must remember...Your Jim - always looks ready for anything, except perhaps tower fans!  Or clouds that rob him of his sunshine patch!  Jim certainly did wear his years well - not a grey hair in sight!  And, I love your endearment for your Handsome, secret agent pup with the 'cool, debonair lap maneuvers - your "little tan man"...
Your sweet boy is forever young, healthy and brimming with tricks to pull, as Don says, water to splash and those leafy trees to scope out for that next snooze.  That is of course if 'grandpa's' lap is not available at that moment!'  Your love, pride, care and respect for your Jim carries through each word you write to him Jackie...Looking at Jim's face you can see the kindness and gentle nature he has despite his tough start...He is the epitome of grace, dignity and forgiveness.  And he is yours and your forever companion and guide through life's moments.  There is no measure for what they bring to us "with open paws" to their hearts and souls and they find our own and guard it with their lives for ever and always.  Your special boy is never far apart from your heart Jackie, Jim is nearby, listening and beaming with pride at his mom...And knowing you and he were never parted and never will be.  May you feel his love, his company and his 'touch' each day as Jim maneuvers his way into your 'space' with that deft 'secret agent' stealth!  Never underestimate the power of that bond, that love and the connections forged through a sharing of time and affections.   Many hugs Jackie!
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #801 
Hi Dawn, Heather, Don and Cody, and thank you for your lovely posts on Jim`s thread.   We have just spent a week in Scotland, so I`ve not been able to visit the forum as its been madness! Trying to visit as many places as possible left us with little time for anything else - but I have thought about you all so much, especially as there was so many wonderful dogs for me to say hi to and stroke!   It can be tough though seeing owners and dogs having such a great time, and wishing that Jim was still with us - there was one particular little dog that looked so much like him, and for a split second it was one of those "heart stopping" moments that made me stop suddenly just to watch and remember how it used to be......     Memories are both happy and sad  - part of you yearns for those special times while another part is grateful that you got to have that magical time at all.....although I do know that wherever we go Jim does indeed come with us, and continues to play such a huge part in our lives, just as your little one`s are forever connected to you all.    

Big hugs,    your friend Jackie xx

Reply with quote  #802 
Hi Jackie, just taking a few minutes today to say hi. I just don't have a lot of energy lately, so much to do to get this house ready to sell. I glad you were able to make a trip, a little time away, it can be rejuvenating, hopefully. I can't imagine how it would feel to see another dog that looked so much like mine, it would flood all kind of feelings into my mind and heart. Like you said, all those memories of how it used to be would bring sad and happy moments. I have seen a 'few' pictures of other dogs that looked very similar to mine but I have never seen one walking by, that would be a jolt. I hope you had a wonderful trip and I hope you are having a peaceful, relaxing Sunday. Jim is the most handsome dog, ever! Your friends, Deborah and Charlie

Reply with quote  #803 
Hey Jackie,
I laughed at your story about Jim and the tower fan. Just when you thought you had it all set for Jim, he had other ideas! Charlie is like that - he loves to bask in the sun.
Your trip to Scotland looked amazing - loved the pics on FB! I know that it tugs on your heartstrings when you see another little dog who looks so much like Jim and for 'that split second' it takes you back.
"Tan man" is such a cute name; isn't it funny how we came up with so many pet names for our beautiful friends? I'm sure you're right and Jim is playing happily in the sunshine with his new friends but also keeping an eye out over his amazing parents who gave him so much love and such a wonderful new life!
Many hugs from your Cdn Sis - and Charlie too!
MJ 🤗X 🐶
MyBella

Reply with quote  #804 
Hi Jackie,

Thank you so, so much for your beautiful and touching words about Norm's portrait, I appreciate you taking the time to visit and write such wonderful thoughts....thank you Jackie for being such a wonderful person and a dear friend.

Well....I am jealous, I'm not on FB, so I haven't seen the photos of your trip to Scotland, I bet they are absolutely beautiful, did you happen to see any of the British Open while you were there? 
It is my favorite tournament to watch, and this year didn't disappoint at all, such a great Sunday.

I bet your heart jumped when you saw the look-a-like Jim dog while you were in Scotland, I could see how easily you probably wanted to run and pick him up, maybe seeing that dog while on vacation was your handsome Jim's way of letting you know that he is with you no matter where you go. They have the most mysterious ways of letting us know they are always close by, I have no doubt that your Jim had a paw in this "meeting".

Thank you for all you do Jackie, I can't tell you enough how much you and the friendship we have built means to me.
Say hi to Brian for me, sending my biggest wishes for such peace, love and healing to your heart.

Your Friend Always, Don
PeanutWee

Reply with quote  #805 
Hi Jackie, thank you for your sweet post on Peanut's thread. It was very touching and I appreciate your taking the time.

It sounds like you and Brian had a very nice trip to Scotland. I've only seen pictures and read a little history about Scotland and I'm sure I'd be torn between wanting to spend the whole time in the countryside or spend it in the larger towns if ever we were to go to Scotland. I'm glad you were able to go.

That must have been so unexpected to see a little dog that looked so much like Jim. Heidi has subtle similarities, but she is tan/black and a Chihuahua mix, Peanut's purebred chocolate/tan Chi...I can't imagine what it'd feel like to see another little dog like Peanut but I'm sure I'd cry as I'm sure, as Charlie wrote, that it'd be a flood of emotions.

I hope you and Brian are having a nice weekend.

Wishing you peace and lots of signs from your handsome Jim,
hugs,
Peanut's Mom

normsmom

Reply with quote  #806 
Hi Jackie,

Stopping in to say hello to you and take in the photos of your little "tan man". It sounds like you had a wonderful time in Scotland. I know what you mean about the lookalike! My Mom's dog is Norm's nephew and he was staying with me for a few days. He is smaller than Norm, but same breed and fur, so I would find myself squinting and pretending it was Norm lying on the floor beside me. It was sad and comforting but mostly sad. I bet it brought a lot of sadness for you to see that handsome little doppelganger - familiar... but not your sweet guy, who I know you would give anything to pet just one more time. 

Thanks for your amazing comments about Norm's portrait on Don's thread. It is so nice to have something so creative that was created with so much love. I hope that you are having a relaxing, post-whirlwind weekend. 

Your friend,
Heather
CKMP

Reply with quote  #807 
Jackie,
Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and words...it means so much to me...You have been so understanding and supportive always.  
Hopefully your week in Scotland was hectic and filled with days and moments that will make for those special memories of tomorrow.  
Memories are bittersweet - at times they are welcome friends, warm and comforting and yet at that the same time they can be the bringers of pain, sorrow and longing.  Your words ring so true, seeing others with their pups and that bond...sends one into wishing and wishing...There is no way though that your Jim will let you go anywhere, even to the backyard, without him!  He is forever your special boy - filled with love and loyalty for his Mom...Perhaps Jim was in 'cahoots' with his 'twin' for just a second or two - just to take the opportunity to physically be closer to his Mom and Dad...I have always believed animals are so open, so accepting of realms and possibilities beyond our own comprehension or willingness to see...Sometimes those 'feelings' we have shouldn't be analyzed but merely felt and taken for what we 'think' they are or believe they are...
Your 'secret agent pup' with the moves is for sure always with you Jackie...the love, the bond and the loyalty are forever and always...Jim is your true guardian angel pup hovering nearby...May your heart be filled with the certainty of your Jim's presence and may your weekend be filled with special moments and memories of your Handsome Hollywood canine with the loving eyes.  Many many hugs.
Molly_Beagle_Mom_4ever

Reply with quote  #808 
Hi Jackie ~ I’m happy to hear that you and Brian had such a nice time in Scotland. That little dog that looked like Jim...I’ll bet he had something to do with that encounter. After all, he had to show you how much fun he was having on your trip everywhere you went. We just returned from a trip to June Lake Loop, one of Molly’s favorite vacation spots. You’re right...they’re always with us, she showed us so much beauty and lots of signs just like Jim shows you.

Wishing you a beautiful week with many more Jim moments as he walks along side you every step of your day. Lots of hugs to you both!

Dawn and Molly

Reply with quote  #809 
Hi Don, Peanut`s Mom, Heather, Cody and Dawn - and thank you for your lovely posts!  Hope you are having a good summer, filled with wonderful memories of your beautiful angels - Bella, Peanut, Norm, Maggee and Kassee and Molly, and all the other wonderful pups and kitties we`ve got to know so well here...    May they all be having lots of fun and games over the Bridge with my little " Tan Man" Jim - they have all so earned their place where the sun shines warmly upon them, food and treats are never ending ( well as much as they can fit in!), and plenty of toys and games to keep our furred friends occupied...      But all the while never forgetting to "check in" with their mums and dads who miss them just as much now as the day they had to leave us....    

Don, yes, our hearts almost did skip a beat when we spotted the little look-a-alike dog while in Scotland - and I do like to think it was a little sign from Jim just to let us know he was right there with us on our trip!  We never got to see the British Open though - we were a further 3 hours north up in the Highlands, but did manage to visit the Queens home in Balmoral which was just spectacular!     Oh, and I hope you have received your post card - though knowing how long some mail can take you might receive it in time for Autumn!!!

Peanut`s Mom, you would love Scotland, the scenery is stunning, so we spent a lot of time in the outdoors - plus a trip on Loch Ness, although no sign of the legendary monster!    Hoping little Heidi is happy and well, and keeping you occupied - although I know Peanut will never be too far from you thoughts...

Heather - I can imagine how sad it must have been having Norm`s nephew come to stay, and I know I would do exactly the same in squinting to try and make him appear more like Norm. Our minds tell us that they have gone, but our hearts almost seem to try and tell us different - that little dog in Scotland was so much like Jim, and for a split second I almost felt like going over and asking the man "Why have you got my dog?"  Sounds stupid I know, but I like to think Jim was sending us yet another little sign...

Cody, oh how I agree with you about animals being more open and accepting things that we seem to dismiss so easily !   I have always believed that animals possess that sixth sense - and I think we are all born with it, but most of us grow out of it as we get older and life gets in the way...    Its lovely to think that Jim wanted to be just that little bit closer to us while we were in Scotland - especially as its a place we never got to take him to, so just maybe he got to come along after all...

Dawn,  I do believe that Jim found a way to be with us in Scotland - even if just for a moment!   And I`m betting Molly was right there with you when you visited June Lake Loop - they are so much cleverer than people give them credit for!   They continue to have that special connection with us, even from across he Bridge...

Big hugs,    your friend Jackie xx

Reply with quote  #810 
Hey Jackie,
Just checking in to see how you are enjoying your summer. We've been having such a heat wave here! It's been so hot it makes sleeping difficult. Has it cooled off for you yet?
I agree that your beautiful Jim was close by on your trip to Scotland and in fact is never too far from his amazing mum and dad. I also know that he is forever in your thoughts and in your heart Jackie.
I really love how you describe life "over the bridge" for all of our babies; being warmed by the sunshine with lots of treats and games to play. Just imagining them all being young and healthy and happy brings a smile to my face.
I hope you and Brian are enjoying your weekend. Sending many hugs from your Canadian Sis! 🤗
MJ (& Charlie too! 🐶 Xxx)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.