Forum

Author   Comment   Page 53 of 65     «   Prev   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   Next   »
CKMP

Reply with quote  #781 
Oh Jackie,
Your message to Jim is filled with so much love and gratefulness.  And as everyone says 'where does the time go'?  It seems it is merely yesterday...We seem to not 'notice' our special ones aging, they just seem to be always themselves and always 'weather each storm' with us and for us and then one day we find they are greyed, the paws have slowed down, and they are ready for their next adventure -heartbreakingly without us.  For Jim now there are no aches, no weariness, no mean people just treats, love, opportunities to chase those water beads within the sprinklers and gaze longingly at ovens filled with roast beef being cooked for him...a second heaven as his first was within the contentment, security and love of your home and family. 
Jim knew without a doubt you were with him that Sunday morning.  The bond after 17 years and 4 months does not need words, or even touch...He 'felt' you with him and by his side just as you know 'feel' Jim with you and by your side.  Those 'silky golden threads' have tied your hearts forever and ever since that first day.  Jim touches so many lives with your family his gifts immeasurable and precious.  Each of your own memories is like a special kiss from your 'handsome Hollywood man'...
As MJ say, those eyes filled with contentment, trust and adoration for you and Brian - always looking, listening and waiting for either that next bit of fun together or an opportunity to jump up on a lap and have a quick snuggle.  He always seems to have an 'all-knowing' twinkle in those eyes...brought about by the constant love, affection and respect he had within his family.
One day an angel came through your door Jackie, an angel with fur and four paws - your guardian angel for always...Jim is a miracle Jackie, your miracle...
Wishing you some of those calm and peaceful moments that you feel so strongly the tap of paws upon your arm or leg, and the pull of "Sunny" Jim's love and presence.  May you hear his 'voice' today and every day - because "you are his sunshine" too.
Many hugs...
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #782 
Hi Peanut`s Mom and Cody - thank you both so,so much , it means such a lot to come here and read your wonderful words.   Today has been another one of those "marker" days, but one filled with many happy memories of our special little Jim too - we have just been on one of his favourite walks, and Cody - I`m convinced he was right there with us, trotting along with his little tail stump wagging away just like old times....!       He really was, and still is our guardian angel - just as Maggee, Kassee and Peanut are your forever angels too...

Big Hugs to you both,    Jackie. xx

Reply with quote  #783 
Hi Jackie. I just wanted to stop in a tell you what a wonderful post for Jim's 2 1/2 yr anniversary. You write so sweetly about your Jim, so lovingly, I know he is so proud of his Mommy. The pictures are beautiful, Jim oh my what a handsome fella. I don't think I've ever asked but what was his weight? He always looks so trim, so fit. Your description of him aging touches me, Nicky made it to a little over 17 and watching him get older, the character develop in this old dog 'look', it brings back a lot of memories. I follow this FB site from Tennesee where these ladies own a rescue home for older dogs, they must have well over 50 at any time. They only adopt the elderly. I visit the site often to look at those old dogs and it just warms my heart. They have a wonderful place to live out their lives with all the love they can have. Jim had such a beautiful life and a loving place to grow old, and was showered with love each day. To be there to take care of them as they age, that is a blessing. For them to know they will never have to worry, never have to ask for love, never be alone, that is a beautiful life. Thank you for sharing this moment with us here and blessings to you and Brian, Jim is always with you, eternally.

Reply with quote  #784 
Oh Jackie~

It is hard to believe it's been 2 years & 6 months since your sunny, handsome little man crossed the Rainbow Bridge. I am sure that he has made tons of friends because of his wonderful personality, Disney dog face & man oh man-- those exquisite smilin' eyes. I am sorry for you guys though, because on these anniversaries, I think there's time for us to travel back to when our best ones were beside us. In the still & quiet moments,  I hope that you & Brian continue to have more "huge smiles" recalling 17 years & 4 months of your very special little man. I smile every time I see another picture of Jim so I can only imagine how much fun it was having him with you every single day! But  then of course, I think of how hard it must be missing him so much.

Thank you for sharing Jimmy with all of us here. And thank you for giving all of us smiles even if tears were streaming down at the same time. Wishing you some extra, special signs from Jim-- today & in the coming weeks-- just so Jim can wrap his love all around you. On that Sunday, he knows that you both were there loving him right up until his last breath. Jim carries that love too because your bond is so strong. You know it. But the signs can bring a moment of calm, a quiet hug, a tug on your heart, a reassurance that Jimmy is always with you.

Huge hugs,
Kasey

PS:  I also love 'You Are My Sunshine'. A few years back I wrote a blog about the song for my employer's website. Now when I think of the song, I will think of you, Brian & Sunny Jimmy making 'music' & fun together :-)

normsmom

Reply with quote  #785 
Hi Jackie,

Didn't want to let the day pass without stopping in to say I am thinking of you, Brian and your sweet Jim. I just love that little man. His photos make me smile every time I see them.

Your letter to him marking 2 years and 6 months is so lovely, and love-filled. I have no doubt he was trotting along beside you on your walk today. What a wonderful way to pay tribute to your special little man.

Seventeen years with a dog like Jim is amazing, and still, not enough I am certain. I'm glad that he and your Dad are keeping each other company. I'm sure Jim is doing his slow ninja moves onto your Dad's lap. 😉 

Thinking of you today,
Heather
MyBella

Reply with quote  #786 
Dear Jackie,

A beautiful post full of such sweet, loving words and feelings to and for your Hollywood Handsome Jim on his two and a half years since having to leave.

I Love the photos you posted of Jim, (I love all his photos).
Scan0012240x180.jpg
This one of little Jim sound asleep in your lap is so adorable. The way Jim is so comfortably asleep on his back is not only so cute, but it shows how trusting he is of you, which is something considering the way his life started. You and Brian gave Jim such a wonderful home full of love, that Jim knew instantly that he would be safe with you and Brian, that this was going to be his forever home and that is so beautiful Jackie.

005300x220320x230.jpg
I always enjoy seeing this photo. The love in Jim's eyes as he looks right at the camera is so touching. But what I really enjoy about this photo is how Jim's ears are the same shape as the heart in the background, to me, this says how your handsome Jim is truly your heart and will always be your heart.
I love how Jim's muzzle whitened over the years, he looks so distinguished and so darn handsome.
I always thought little girl grew more beautiful as her fur lightened and I am sure you loved the way your sweet boy did as well.

I send my warmest wishes to you and Brian on this difficult day, I wish for nothing but such love, peace and healing to always find your wonderful heart. May you always know and feel the pure love that your sweet, handsome Jim continues to surround you with, may you feel the soft touch of his gentle, loving paws each and every day.

Please say hi to Brian for me, tell him to hoist one with me in celebration of your precious Jim.
Big hugs to you my dear friend, along with my most heart felt wishes.

Your Friend Always, Don

p.s. Don't forget about "cousin Don" if you decide to cross the pond, I would love nothing more than raising a toast to your Jim and all of our babies in person.....I think the first round will be on little girl.....
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #787 
Charlie, Kasey, Heather and Don - thank you all so very much for your wonderful words, I will get back to each of you, but I just want to let you know that it means so much to both Brian and myself.   That each and everyone of you writes so beautifully about Jim is so heartwarming - and I know if he could he would thank you all himself with a woof and a sloppy kiss!        Last night we lit a candle for him - and of course in memory of all your precious babies too - and raised a glass of bacardi in thanks for all those years shared with our lovely little soul mate, and once again smiled as we remembered all the funny things that he did!    

Your friends, Jackie & Brian. xx

Reply with quote  #788 
Hi Jackie,
Just wanted to 'stop by' and say you and Jim are being thought of.  May your 'secret agent, Handsome Hollywood ninja warrior Sunny Jim' 'sneak' his way into each and every day.  And, of course, how appropriate, what else but a glass of bacardi in honour of your 'smooth' gentleman...May you always feel his love within the sunshine, see his beautiful eyes sparkling within the droplets of water from the sprinklers and feel his warmth within the slight breeze that comes and goes so quickly.   
Thank you so much Jackie for your kindness, your understanding and your words of comfort in times of despair.  Many hugs...
littleguy

Reply with quote  #789 
Jackie 

its hard to think its been 2 years and 6 months since jim went to the bridge and reading all your postings to jim your love is as strong today as it ever was as in our lives someone comes along and just changes everything about our lives as on that first day so many years ago fate took you ,brian and jim down a path that would give you a lifetime of beautiful years and of course memories about your dear jim that will hold you until you reunite with your boy jim ,and always know that it takes a special soul to touch our hearts do deeply and for you that is your beautiful and handsome jim , hugs to you all.

littleguys mom 

Reply with quote  #790 
Hi Cody and Pamela, thank you both for your lovely words as always...    It is so hard to believe that Jim has been gone all that time - sometimes it feels like only yesterday since he was sat right here beside me, resting his head on my knee,  yet at other times it can seem almost a lifetime ago....      One thing I know for certain though is that all our precious little one`s "remain" with us - in spirit as well as in our hearts, as those bonds created in life continue long after loss....       

Wishing you both a peaceful and happy week, filled with beautiful memories of Maggee, Kassee and Littleguy - they are with you always...

Hugs, Jackie. x

Reply with quote  #791 
Hello my special little Jim, I hope you are having a lovely time over the Bridge, and please say Happy Birthday to China from me!  I`m betting Don`s cake and ice cream have gone down a treat - especially if the weather is as hot as it is here...       We are having a heatwave Jim, and as much as you loved the hot weather I think it would be too hot even for you to cope with. There have been a lot of sad stories in the news here about people leaving their dogs in hot cars - and you know exactly what I feel about "owners" who do such things...     We never let you stay in the car without one of us being with you, and how you loved the air conditioning blowing gently on your face - you would push your nose almost right into the air vents, and I would turn them up until your ears would flap in the breeze!!   I was in the car this morning and had the air conditioning on full blast, and I could almost see you sitting there right beside me enjoying yourself just like you always did....      We bought you a childrens paddling pool one year, and you absolutely loved it!  Though I swear I could see a cheeky smile on your face whenever you managed to splash me or Brian - you certainly knew how to aim the water with your front paws..!      Funnily enough Jim, although you loved your pool. and going in the sea ( but not to far in - just about knee level), you just hated it when we had to give you a proper doggy bath.   You would stand as still as a statue as we washed you, with a look of disgust on your face as if to say "How can you be doing this to me Mum?", and as for drying you with my hairdryer like we used to do with our previous dog Midge..... absolutely no chance! I tried it just the once, and off you shot like a rocket to hide behind the sofa, so it was strictly towel drying only for you from then on.   

You have certainly left us with lots of lovely memories Jim - we smile so much when we remember the funny things you got up to, but we also miss you so much too. You were our "Once in a Lifetime dog",  our best ever little friend, and loved so very much always... xxx P8020656 (2)240x320.jpg  P8250704320x240.jpg  P8250701320x240.jpg 

Reply with quote  #792 
Oh Jackie,

More GREAT photos of your Hollywood Handsome Jim, and I love the story of Jim with the air conditioner in the car, his ears flapping in the cool breeze. Too funny how Jim would "accidentally" splash you while enjoying his pool on the hot days, of course that was no "accident" Jim knew exactly what he was doing, while making you laugh, so wonderful your sweet boy.

It almost looks like Jim has found a partly buried treasure in the one photo of him at the beach, of course every day with Jim was your treasure, your Jim is gold Jackie.

Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos and memories of your beautiful Jim. We did the same as you, one of us always stayed with little girl in the car (usually me) with the cool air flowing.

Thank you Jackie for all you give and do on here, your friendship and support means so much....thank you.
Please say hi to Brian for me, may your hearts always be warmed with the beautiful and loving (golden) moments your Jim gave you over all those years.

Your Friend Always, Don
Molly_Beagle_Mom_4ever

Reply with quote  #793 
Hi Jackie, We’re having quite a heatwave too, and your message to Jim reminds me so much of those beautiful, warm summer days with our precious little best friends. Jim’s photos are always priceless! The first one looks like he’s waiting patiently and comfortably for a treat. He certainly does love the beach, and his smile shines through in each photo to prove it.

I love the air conditioning story, too. Molly loved poking her nose up to the vent, then normally it would cause a big sneeze or two. I’ll bet Jim loved cooling off in the pool, especially the splash that he snuck in. Such wonderful times and reminders of our babies...I hope they’re enjoying reminiscing right along with us as much as we do. Lots of hugs to you and Jim from me and Molly.

Dawn

Reply with quote  #794 
Hi Jackie,
I love thinking of Jim in his little pool and splashing you and Brian. Such a funny, sweet image!!
Your description of giving Jim his proper bath brought back such vivid memories of Bailey. He was also very rigid, standing in the tub, as if to tell us we'd better hurry and get this over with!
Jim's pictures always show such a happy, beautiful dog who knew that all was right with his world. He knew how he had lucked out having you and Brian as his parents; no doubt about it!
I hope you are surviving the heat Jackie and enjoying your summer!
Charlie says to send big hugs to his English Auntie! 🐶🤗
Cheers!
MJ ❤️X
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #795 
Thank you Don, Dawn and MJ so much for your lovely posts once again -  and Don, yes Jim was our special little treasure, just as beautiful Bella was yours.   All the gold in the world cannot buy the love and friendship we got from our beautiful little soul mates,  we were so very blessed to have shared their lives for all those years...     Dawn, it sounds like a few of us are enjoying the hot weather right now - although it is still so hot here its almost impossible to sleep!  Its so different from the usual wet and cool summers we usually have in the UK.   
 MJ, how funny that Bailey didn`t like having a bath either! Jim would stand so stiff we used to call him our little wooden soldier - until the bath was over then he was off down the stairs faster than the speed of sound!    Thank Charlie for his wonderful hugs - and I`m sending him some right back! 

Jackie. x

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.