Forum

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 63      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next   »
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #46 
Yet another little reminder that made me realise Jim is no longer here. For many years the lawn in our back garden resembled a map of the world - all patchy due to his favourite pee places. Now it looks like a `normal` garden.  Jim, how I hate the garden now, I`d give anything to have you back with us. Miss you so much my old friend. xx

Reply with quote  #47 
When we had Jim, we only ever went our for an hour or so unless mum could mind him for us. Been out today for over 8 hours, and it doesn`t feel right.  I think that over the years with Jim, I must have developed some inner kind of alarm to get home to him.
  When we used to go out - if he was left home on his own - we`d constantly be checking the time and once that magical hour was up - off we`d go back home.

Even coming home today was awful, that empty house syndrome still hits me each time I walk through the door. He used to go wild when we`d come in, running around squealing with sheer joy to see us - even if we`d only been out for 10 minutes to the local shops !
  The welcome a dog gives you is magical, their little lives totally revolve around us and it `makes their day` to be reunited with us again.  

Miss you so very much Jim.

Reply with quote  #48 
Hi Jackie,
I know what you mean about going out. We would never go out long fearing Sadie would need us. We never felt comfortable leaving her. She was on so many pills and sub q fluids . We knew her disease was fatal and we wanted to spend every minute with her.
A couple of weeks ago we went to the movies and dinner. We were out for awhile. As you said it did not seem right. I hate coming home to an empty house. Even if Sadie was not feeling well she would always acknowledge our arrival. It is so lonely without them. I know we have to learn to live without them. This is so hard. Post some pictures when you get a chance. I have not figured it out yet. I will have to ask my son this weekend. Wishing all of us some peace.
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #49 
Hi Sadiesmom,  yes, its so very hard trying to adapt to new routines. After all the years of having them with us there is just a huge doggie shaped hole in our hearts and homes.
 I`ll sort out some more pics of Jim, and I hope your son helps you to post some photo`s of Sadie - I can`t wait to see her !
                            Hugs to you, and peace to us all, Jackie. x

Reply with quote  #50 
Hi Jackie,
Can't wait to see more pictures. I will figure it out. I want everyone to see my beautiful girl.
Take care
Tammy
johnreggie1

Reply with quote  #51 
its been 4 months. We just try to force ourselves to think of all  the good times, the ones that make us smile and laugh. Thinking of what we were given for 7 years helps and keeping busy  helps. We will never get over losing Patrick and Charlie, but the pain of loss is a little less. We had two beautiful Irish setter males and lost both at 7 years, two years apart. We are not getting over losing them, just learning how to move on. Like, one foot in front of the other. Also, I don t tell the story of what happened to most people anymore. It too upsetting . I just say I can t talk about it. I don t want to cry anymore. I try to be up with a smile the way my red friends would want me to be. Prayer for acceptance sure does help
Hope something here helps somebody, John
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #52 
Hi John,  what beautiful dogs Irish Setters are - my friend has one and he is one big softy, so friendly. Losing your two within 2 years must have been heartbreaking. Its  as you say, we`ll never get over losing them, but trying to move forward and remembering all the good times shared.  But it is so hard, I have a couple of good days, then seemingly out of nowhere, back it all comes. I took early retirement in January, so filling the days is quite tough - now that the weather is a little warmer here in the UK, I`ve been tidying the garden, but even that is bringing back all the memories of how Jim followed me around - or I`d put the sun lounger out for him to lie on.   This site is so very helpful,  its sort of like we`re all in this together and we WILL come through.

Reply with quote  #53 
I am so sorry for everyone's losses. We are all trying to move on. It is so hard as all our babies were the best part of our lives. We will all get through this together . I am so thankful for everyone on this forum.
Peace and hugs to all
Tammy
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #54 
Jim, all cosy on his Dad`s knee - he loved to be snuggled up right close to us !! So_comfy!320x250.jpg 

Reply with quote  #55 
Great picture,
What a sweetie. Keep them coming!
Tammy
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #56 
Hi Jim, just to let you know that we miss you so very much.   You really were our `Once in a Lifetime Dog`.  Its so very hard living a life without you, such a kind, gentle rescue boy, and I hope you had a happy life with us. Until we meet again,  and I know my Dad is looking after you.  Love you Jim .
                   Mum and Dad. xxx

Reply with quote  #57 
Thinking of you. Wishing you peace and comfort. We love them always and forever. Sending hugs.
Tammy
Bailey15

Reply with quote  #58 
Hi Jackie,
I just saw this latest picture of Jim. What a beautiful, happy boy he was! :) The thing I've noticed in every picture you've posted of Jim is his look of pure contentment and happiness! Animals only have that look when they know they are truly loved. Kudos to you and your husband for giving him that!
Hugs,
MJ
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #59 
Thanks Tammy and MJ,  Jim was a very contented and happy little dog, considering the horrible start to life that he had.  Animals are so forgiving and never hold grudges towards anyone.  There`s so much to learn from animals behaviour.

Hugs, Jackie.

Reply with quote  #60 
Animals have so much more intuition than what we credit them with. They`re so tuned in to our lives, to the point of knowing when something is about to happen, they seem to know long before we do what is about to take place. Its that 6th sense, our little friends perceive our every mood, they know when we need comforting, when we are sad or happy,and they adapt to us accordingly.  
 I don`t think that anyone really understands us as much as our animals, and its that feeling of complete empathy and understanding that is so sadly missed when they have to leave us.   I just know that we will be reunited with them one day. 

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.