Forum

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 62      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next   »
Sadiesmom061308

Reply with quote  #31 
It is so funny that you would say you only had a little bit of bed while Jim was sprawled out. My Sadie would do the same. She was 45 pounds and we have a king size bed. She would some how find a way to take up the whole bed. We were both hanging off the sides as well with an inch of comforter to cover up with. Oh how we loved them!
Evie123

Reply with quote  #32 
Aw, we are all big softies. We always slept in most unimaginable cramped positions just so Molly could be comfortable, bless her. Many occasions one of us has gone to sleep in the other room, usually my hubby, so we didn't disturb our sweet baby. As for the settee, well if one of us got up and she jumped in our place, that was it, we lost our seat. X
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #33 
Sadiesmom, the things we would do for our babies - some of my friends were horrified that we would let Jim into our bed, but I always told them that he was our family so we treated him as such.  We certainly gave them a beautiful life, which is why we miss them so very much.      I can never understand people who get a dog, or any animal, just to leave them outside all day, or keep them apart from the rest of the family. I can just imagine Sadie taking up all the room in your big bed!! To my mind, that`s exactly the way it should be. xx

Reply with quote  #34 
Evie, Molly certainly had you wrapped around her little paws !!  Our little friends had such a good life while they were with us, we didn`t have a spare bed, but often my husband would end up on the sofa - once Jim was settled there was no moving him ! x

Reply with quote  #35 
Jackie,
I am so glad that we loved our babies so much. You are so right as they were part of the family. The best part of the family! Hugs to you.
Tammy
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #36 
One of the last photo`s of Jim. We had this photo enlarged, and its on the dressing table - his eyes seem to follow you round the room. I think he looks such a wise old soul  -  a little old man who`s seen everything to see in life. Definately one of my favourites.  005320x250.jpg 

Reply with quote  #37 
Jackie,
It's a beautiful photo of Jim. So sad to think it's one of his last. I know exactly what you mean about his eyes. - like a wise old soul. makes me so sad. I'll never understand why our animal friends don't live as long as we do. Then again, if I had gone before Bailey I would be worried for him. We can cope with the pain of losing them (at least most of the time) but I think they would be lost after receiving (and giving) so much love. I guess there is some comfort in knowing that. I think we have to hold on tightly to whatever comforts we can. I also see a look of peace in his eyes, the kind of peace that comes from a life well lived and you and your husband gave him that gift.
MJ
Sadiesmom061308

Reply with quote  #38 
Jackie
Beautiful picture of Jim. I love him and I did not even know him. Please keep posting pictures. I will put some up if I ever figure out how to do it!
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #39 
Thanks for those lovely words MJ,  I know what you mean about if we`d gone first, they would have been so lost without us. Like you I wish we could have had them longer - but even then we would still have to face losing them some day.  Its tough, but we must focus on the wonderful life they had with us - even if it meant being shoved off the sofa !!

Reply with quote  #40 
Thanks Sadiesmom,  someone on this site gave me this to google, it lets you make images smaller so you can then post pics     http;//www.garyshood.com/imageconvert/
    Although I can see your Sadie in the small pic, it would be great to see a lot more of her. 
                                             Jackie.

Reply with quote  #41 
Thanks Jackie,
I will try to post some pictures!
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #42 
Jim, in his favourite place ever - our bed !  P1290038_edited320x260.jpg 

Reply with quote  #43 
Love the picture. I can't figure out how to post pictures. I am on the site you gave me. I don't know what the heck I am doing. I am so not technical. I will keep working on it!
Bailey15

Reply with quote  #44 
Hi Jackie,
Jim looks pretty happy in that bed!! He has such a kind, beautiful (content looking) face.
When we first got Bailey, my husband wanted Bailey to sleep on his own bed but Bailey was dying to get up in our bed. I suggested we just let him up for a few minutes when it got light outside. It didn't take long before he was snuggled right in there for the whole night. Sadly, the last 2 years he wouldn't sleep with us anymore and that's when we found out his spine had been cracked as a puppy. All these years I thought he just didn't like being picked up (and we respected that) but it actually hurt his back. I think he eventually developed arthritis due to that old injury and was afraid one of us might bump his back. However, my husband gets up quite early and takes B out for his pee. As soon as Bailey got back in, he would race down the hall to get in bed with me. He stretched out on my husband's side, I would scratch the back of his head and he loved it and went right to sleep! How I miss hearing those little claws on the hardwood in the morning!
Isn't it great how we spoiled our boys - and loved every minute of it!!
MJ :)
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #45 
Hi MJ,  how sad about Baileys cracked spine - it must have been so painful for him, dogs have such a capacity to cope with pain. It must have been heartbreaking when you found out that he`d had it since he was a pup. It hurts me so much just knowing that some `people` can inflict so much abuse on such defenceless animals. If I had my way, I`d lock them all up and throw away the key.
 How we miss them - the little noises they made, like Bailey`s claws on the floor, and their snoring.  Jim used to sneeze so loud, he`d sometimes bang his chin on the floor with the force of it !!    Happy, but sad memories.....

Jackie.

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.